Heinz Green Ketchup...................yuck!!!!!!!!

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Heinz has just decided to introduce a new Green ketchup. It seem that the sales of the old Red ketchup have fallen over the years. So the marketing execs have decided try and win over the kiddies............ with green colored ketchup. Another feature that will appeal to the adults is that Vitamin C is added.

I don't know about anyone else but I couldn't eat anything with a green sauce on it except green curry or green colored hot sauce.

YUCK :p :p :p :p :p

Cheers,
Aquaman

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
How can they? It'd better taste different. The current ketchup taste just doesn't taste "green" to me. :p

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
And the green stuff is going to cost 20 cents more! It will also feature a "pointed spout" so children can draw and write with the bottle on their plates. Just what we need, more children playing at the dinner table!

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
ya but they surveyed like a million kids and found that having just one color was too boring,

then they made like 20 different colors of ketchup, kids liked the green stuff best. So heinz is pretty confident they will be successful.

is green ketchup from green tomatoes? or just colored ketchup from red tomatoes?

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
That reminds me of a boss I had when I worked at a convenience store (don't knock it, it's the most dangerous job in the world!). He would always throw away his blue M&Ms! It used to piss me off. One day I asked him why he did it and he insisted that they taste different than the other ones. Weirdo!

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
It's made from red tomatoes, with green dye added for the color. They say it tastes exactly the same as the standard red stuff.

commodore

Jun 20, 2000
i'm in canada, and i just found this new heinz "tobasco" ketchup. its got a good kick to it, and its the same price as the regular stuff. i'm from louisiana and have only been here a short time, and i know we didn't have this stuff back home -- it rocks! has it made it to the states yet? if so, and you like a little hot sauce in everything like us coonasses, give it a try.

KarsinTheHutt

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2000
Well... People said "Bleh!" When breakfast cereal was new - now people eat it every day.

I personally don't like Ketchup, but I can see a day when green ketchup might be as commonplace as red.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
If you go to different countries the ketchup made by Heinz tastes a little different. I know that in England the Heinz ketchup tastes a lot different than over here in north america (as a matter of fact Super Model Tyra Banks loves this stuff).

Cheers,
Aquaman