Heatwave season!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Been crazy hot in past few days. Hard to complain after the long winter though.

Just got home for lunch break and switched to shorts, much better. Glad we're allowed shorts at work.

Was planing a short road trip tomorrow but I have no A/C in my car. Might be a bad idea. lol.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Otherwise known as "hell'. Fuck summer, and fuck 'summer activities'. Everyone decides *this* is the time of year to setup festivals, and outdoor stuff. *Not* when it's reasonable like October or anything. We wouldn't want to do anything crazy like that! If you aren't sweaty, mosquito bitten, and sunburnt, you aren't having fun!

You want to know a good litmus test for intelligence? If someone says they want to move to Florida when they retire, you can ignore everything else that comes out of their mouthes, cause they've clearly barely mastered breathing, and you won't get anything of value out of them :^S

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Never understood the whole thing of wanting to move to Florida either. I think even California would be better. But not a fan of any of those places, too crowded and too expensive. My idea of retirement is a nice off grid cottage/cabin on some nice acreage lake front land away from population and on land I can do what I want. Already been looking at unorganized townships for that reason.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Never understood the whole thing of wanting to move to Florida either. I think even California would be better. But not a fan of any of those places, too crowded and too expensive. My idea of retirement is a nice off grid cottage/cabin on some nice acreage lake front land away from population and on land I can do what I want. Already been looking at unorganized townships for that reason.

My parents moved to Florida (from the Midwest), I try to only visit in winter/spring time. Summer is awful. The main motivator for them was no more snow and generally year round pool (it will sometimes be too cold in winter for a few weeks). California is nice since the humidity is pretty low, so even when it is hot out you can stay relatively comfortable with fans/shade (though there is a wide range of climate in California, so YMMV).

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Please, I’m considering a gofundme for my electric bill. I can’t handle the heat & cancer has made that worse. LOL, the hell with Boston summers & I would never move to Florida, the heat and humidity would kill me.

Reactions: lxskllr

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Please, I’m considering a gofundme for my electric bill. I can’t handle the heat & cancer has made that worse. LOL, the hell with Boston summers & I would never move to Florida, the heat and humidity would kill me.
Gotta be better than S.C. I'll be there at the end of the month.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Plenty of wilderness in California. It's much bigger than LA, SF, SD, ...

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Hayfever is killing me atm.It hasnt been this bad in years.Very bad eyes,and snot literally pouring from my nose

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
The heatwave in Southern Ontario is getting brutal. We hit 33C and with the humidity it felt like 41C.

:(

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
In Chicago area it's been hot, lower 90s ... for all you canafolks ... that's like 33-34C with humidity piling on top making it feel like satan's taint.
Inside, it's been like 73-75F thanks to AC ... 22-24C
In my basement, it's so cold I need to get a blanket for my tosey-wosies!