Lovehandles

Sep 6, 2003
I recently posted for the 1st time in the sale/trade forum. Someone told me i have negative heatware but i have no idea how this can be if i've never traded/sold on this website before. Can anyone explain how heatware works? TIA.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
I can't even get into Heatware right now, but if you have traded at another site and done a crappy job that would explain how you'd have negative heat already.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Lovehandles
I recently posted for the 1st time in the sale/trade forum. Someone told me i have negative heatware but i have no idea how this can be if i've never traded/sold on this website before. Can anyone explain how heatware works? TIA.
Heatware is used on several different boards. Not just AnandTech.

Lovehandles

Sep 6, 2003
>>What's your heatware id?

hell if i know... i didn't even know until today i had a "heatware" signature.

>>I can't even get into Heatware right now, but if you have traded at another site and done a crappy job that would explain how you'd have negative heat already.

Megatomic, your explanation would make sense but i have not traded/sold at another website BEFORE. Not only was this my first time posting @ Anandtech, this was also my first time selling on the internet period.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Then maybe someone has a heatware account that has a very similar name to yours and they have negative heatware evals. If this is the case, you'll have to make sure that the AT trader that accused you of having negative heat recognizes their error. Can you get this trader to give you a link to the heatware account that had the negative evals?

Lovehandles

Sep 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Megatomic
Then maybe someone has a heatware account that has a very similar name to yours and they have negative heatware evals.....Can you get this trader to give you a link to the heatware account that had the negative evals?

That's a good possibliity Megatomic. I was going to reply to the guy who changed his mind after he claimed to have seen my heatware, but i wanted to read it with my own eyes to see what was going on. Unfortunately, heatware's website has been down nearly all day and I still cannot get in.

At any rate, i've been wondering where the hell i might have sold something before.... I bought something on e-bay one time but never sold there..... Now I'm really starting to wonder if teyanhung wanted to back away from the deal cuz he had a change of heart or if he really saw my ID on heatware.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Lovehandles
Originally posted by: Megatomic
Then maybe someone has a heatware account that has a very similar name to yours and they have negative heatware evals.....Can you get this trader to give you a link to the heatware account that had the negative evals?

That's a good possibliity Megatomic. I was going to reply to the guy who changed his mind after he claimed to have seen my heatware, but i wanted to read it with my own eyes to see what was going on. Unfortunately, heatware's website has been down nearly all day and I still cannot get in.

At any rate, i've been wondering where the hell i might have sold something before.... I bought something on e-bay one time but never sold there..... Now I'm really starting to wonder if teyanhung wanted to back away from the deal cuz he had a change of heart or if he really saw my ID on heatware.

1. If you truly never registered a name on heatware.com then I believe the guy just wanted to get out of it.

2. If you did sell something previously and can recall signing up for heatware.com it's a possibility that it might be you. You'll have to square that away with the admin at heatware.com.

Lovehandles

Sep 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
2. If you did sell something previously and can recall signing up for heatware.com it's a possibility that it might be you. You'll have to square that away with the admin at heatware.com.

That's not even a remote possbility. Until posting my item for sale, i didn't even know what heatware was all about. I have never gone on their site to register for an account.

Lovehandles

Sep 6, 2003
Thanks all for the responses. Teyanhung claims he made a mistake and meant to say he didn't want to buy because i have no heatware. Far stretch from saying
"you now have heatware...."
- whatever dude, sounds like you just wanted a lame excuse to back out of the deal.