Health care freeloaders.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Most ironic how the ACA makes its supporters preach the personal responsibility and bad choice mantra that they often chide the other party for,

anything else it's the rich peoples fault but when it comes to ACA it's the deadbeat lower middle class who supposedly chooses not to have health insurance that is the burden to society.:rolleyes:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That I did. I'm still waiting though for him to tell me that 200k in NYC is upper middle class or rich.

And no.. I don't make over 250k... or 200k... But I make six figures. Maybe he should explain where the middle class divides are... I want to see what his general idea of lower middle, middle, and upper are and if he believes that where you live/cost of living doesn't factor into that.

In early 2006 I was making $60k-$65k at 36 years old. Is that too much? By 2010 I had entered a new employer, exceeded all their expectations and was at $101K when I was laid off. Picked up a new job eight months later at $109k. Is that too much? Am I rich? Doesn't feel like it. Maybe I'd feel a bit more rich if I had been making that kind of coin for several years prior.... Last week I changed to a new role at the same company.... My earnings should come in between $130k and $151K - which is my maximum on target earnings. (Systems/Sales Engineer). Is that too much? I really need to know... Because I get the feeling that he is telling me that all my hard work and persistence... the delay in getting to this earning level and the late start at saving for retirement is all for nothing, was purely luck, I don't deserve it... or something. All I'm sniffing out here is envy from him when he forgets that I had to start somewhere, at a much lower pay grade... Like him...

Now I'm just getting testy.
I think it is pretty clear from how the law is written that the divide between middle and upper class is single $200k/family $250k. Using NYC, a clear outlier, to try to disprove what is commonly accepted is, to put it bluntly, fucking stupid. Unless you think someone living in NYC should pay less federal taxes than you? No, I didn't think so.

As for your stupid fucking strawmen of 'am I rich' or 'do I not deserve it' take them to freerepublic where you can circle jerk with the other retards. Clearly your 150k is not considered rich since it is not above the 200k mark, now is it? And big surprise, you don't 'feel' rich. Guess what, spidey makes $250k+ family in buttfuck Kentucky and he doesn't feel rich. That's because he does the same stupid thing you do. He compares himself to his neighbors to gauge his status rather than comparing to the entire region because he can't see past the end of his nose, just like you. Try living on the equivalent of <40k/yr for a month and then tell me you don't feel rich when you go back to 150k

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You are wrong, the SCOTUS is right. Get used to it. Everyone is affected by it - you have to file a form showing you have insurance so you get the credit to offset the new tax.
Can you link to a source that shows how exactly this works, because everything I've read calls this a tax penalty, not a tax credit.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
I think it is pretty clear from how the law is written that the divide between middle and upper class is single $200k/family $250k. Using NYC, a clear outlier, to try to disprove what is commonly accepted is, to put it bluntly, fucking stupid. Unless you think someone living in NYC should pay less federal taxes than you? No, I didn't think so.

As for your stupid fucking strawmen of 'am I rich' or 'do I not deserve it' take them to freerepublic where you can circle jerk with the other retards. Clearly your 150k is not considered rich since it is not above the 200k mark, now is it? And big surprise, you don't 'feel' rich. Guess what, spidey makes $250k+ family in buttfuck Kentucky and he doesn't feel rich. That's because he does the same stupid thing you do. He compares himself to his neighbors to gauge his status rather than comparing to the entire region because he can't see past the end of his nose, just like you. Try living on the equivalent of <40k/yr for a month and then tell me you don't feel rich when you go back to 150k

I have lived on far less than 40k a year you ignorant fuck. Get your head out of your own ass.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I have lived on far less than 40k a year you ignorant fuck. Get your head out of your own ass.
So making close to $150k now doesn't 'feel' rich compared to that? 275% more money? Sounds like you will never feel rich. Sad.