Headphones for gaming, need suggestions

RTWMooseMan

Sep 18, 2002
It would appear that as my daughters have grown older, my 'office' is going to become a bedroom. Good for the girls, bad for late night gaming. I am in need of a GOOD pair of headphones for gaming. (since the family room is now where I will be sitting my fat ass)
I have the Audigy SB Gamer sound card, so I am looking for a pair of headphones which will allow me to take the best advantage of this card!

Dreadogg

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2001
you must make sure they are comfortable, this will have the biggest impact on your gaming!

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Grados, Sennheiser, beyerdynamics are a good start. I use sony mdr 7506s which are very comfortable closed phones. You should really try them on if you can.

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
how about a good headset for gaming??

headphone+mic = headset

bub

Oct 9, 1999
I use a Microsoft Sidewinder Game Voice.

Go to Pricewatch.com>game hardware>sidewinder>scroll down to Game Voice 1.0. $33 shipped.

Works fine for me. Headphones with a mic. There are less expensive units at www.newegg. Probably as good or better.

It has a lot of features I will never use. I do not install the software that comes with it.

A guy on Counter-Strike said "Keep talking, I love the sound of your voice."

Probably a i love you.

Pauli

Oct 14, 1999
Koss Sporta-Pros, $24 at Amazon. Sound great with music -- I haven't used them with games, but the bass response is very good on these babies.

mgpaulus

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2000
I use the Koss Portapros, which are nice closed speakers, so I don't have to worry about my neighbors hearing what's going on when I crank em up.

FacelessNobody

Dec 13, 2002
Grado SR60s, available at www.tsto.com. I own them, and they are my most recommended computer part. I LOVE EM. Much better than my Sony Studio Monitors (ok yeah they're 10 years old :p).

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
I have the Plantronics DSP 500.

This set is awesome. And it comes with an awesome mic so if you want to be able to talk while game you'll be able to.

PS.. don't buy from that site. I bought mine for $65.00 by buying from a different online site.

good luck

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: FacelessNobody
Grado SR60s, available at www.tsto.com. I own them, and they are my most recommended computer part. I LOVE EM. Much better than my Sony Studio Monitors (ok yeah they're 10 years old :p).

Man, I would buy those Grados if I could find a store that sold them! Not on-line, retail. I read a bunch of reviews and the sr60's seem perfect for PC hookup (don't need a headphone amp) maybe I need to look harder, some retail store has to sell them!

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: FacelessNobody
Dude just get em from TSTO, they're that good, you're missing out :).

I would, but I don't have a CC and that store is like in PA? I'm in So Cal. I might call them and see if I could send a money order or something. :)

my 20$ Phillip's are decent, for that price. but I want to check these Grado suckers out!

LED

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I think RTWMooseMan might inform us all as to how much he is willing to spend. The Grados are great for the price and I like them for comfort as well as Senns...but for pure Boom Game sound, though I'm not much of 1 Gamer, I have a pair of Force Feedback Headphones that I got with a Xitel Storm Platinum Aureal Soundcard a few years back and have a hard time departing with them. Although Bulky They can be found some places for under $30 and Shake, Rock, Rattle, and Roll!