He Graduated!

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I know how unbelievably proud I was when my children graduated college and your son had challenges above and beyond the norm. So kudos to him and even more to you as a parent for having provided him the tools necessary to have achieved this and the gumption to continue on even further with his education. Bask in what both of you accomplished.

Reactions: Geekbabe
Nov 8, 2012
As nice as he is, he can live here forever if he likes... he is already job hunting with a vengeance & hopes to go on for an MBA so I suspect moving out is on the goals list.

Meh, MBAs are overrated - I'm at the exact same line-up with tons that have MBAs and CPAs - many of which are applying and clamoring to get into. It really doesn't make you stand out much anymore. Rightfully so - it has no real bearing on how one performs in the working world.... But with that said....

Connections > *

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Geek,

I thought you mentioned that your kid is autistic. Am I correct? I work with Autistic kids and I just wanted to say that I think it's amazing that he was able to complete college. That's a huge accomplishment. If he isn't autistic then I appoligize and it's still a great accomplishment. Well done!

Reactions: Geekbabe

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Geek,

I thought you mentioned that your kid is autistic. Am I correct? I work with Autistic kids and I just wanted to say that I think it's amazing that he was able to complete college. That's a huge accomplishment. If he isn't autistic then I appoligize and it's still a great accomplishment. Well done!
Geek,

He deals with autism as one of his life challenges! His story isn’t mine to tell but I can say he worked really hard & has an incredible drive to succeed. I have so much respect & admiration for the wonderful man he has become.

Reactions: Mai72

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
that is the goatee of a champion

(i've been wearing the same style since junior year in college and it's never coming off)

I had to talk him into trying that goatee because I figured he would wear it well. His age peers all sport various facial hair & I thought it might help him fit in. He isn’t into tattoos or piercings & tends to be conservative in dress so this just jazzes him up a bit :)