Recent upgrade from Win7 to Win10.

New Win10 build v. 1809
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro WiFi
Intel i7 8700K
Corsair 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3000MHz
Gigabyte Nvidia 1660Ti
Corsair RM650x (2018) PSU
Dual 4K monitors

All new hardware and build. Set up and installed Win10 before the video card arrived. I used one monitor via the onboard HDMI port until I received and installed the new card. (Gigabyte/Nvidia 1660 Ti)
New build worked while I waited for the card, using the MoBo HDMI port and my monitor. After install of the new card, no signal from either the MoBo port or the video card HDMI port.

Display ports on supplying both my monitors work fine with the new PCI Nvidia card. However, the HDMI port supplying my television does not. All I get is a blank black screen, with no signal other than black. My television does, however, show this black screen, instead of the "No Signal" message I'd get if nothing were connected. When connected to a monitor, it gets some kind of signal. - Most times, I can get the windows splash screen, then all goes black. My television still works with my Blu-Ray player and the same cables with HDMI.

HDMI on the motherboard port does NOT work at all, now that the Nvidia card is installed, regardless of BIOS detection settings.

I've done the basic suggested fixes in Win 10 that I've found searching online, like re-installing drivers, attempting to identify, or detect a display, or set up multiple monitors in 'Settings.'

Other things I've done:

Tried switching from onboard video to PCI and back for the first video detected in BIOS.
Tried a different cable, both to my monitors and to TV = same result
Tried two different monitors with four different cables, including brand new.
Display ports work normally with or without HDMI connected.
Tried unplugging all but HDMI cable.
Re-installed Nvidia driver
Updated BIOS and Chipset

A couple of times, an "unknown device on PCI" was shown in the Device Manager. Deleting it and trying to get it to re-recognize and install, or finding a driver for the device resulted in nothing.

Hope someone can help, this has me buffaloed.

oatmeal769

Mar 27, 2019
At this point sounds like a DOA graphics card, RMA it.
Thanks for replying.
I think you're right. I went looking for device conflicts, etc and found nothing. So, I removed the card, reset the BIOS and plugged HDMI straight into the MoBo. It worked fine, once again. Upon installing the card and re-setting the BIOS again, I was able to duplicate the issue. The Mobo and the rest of my PC are fine, the Gigabyte Nvidia 1660Ti causes the issue. Odd that the Display ports work, and the rest of the card seems to work fine, but the HDMI doesn't.
I RMA'd just now and will get a new one in two days.