HDCP issues

Pantlegz

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2007
So I have my HTPC hooked up to my Yamaha RX-V671 receiver and I'm having issues with programs recognizing it's HDCP capability. It strange because in the nVidia control panel it says HDCP is functioning but I can't get blurays to play because the programs says there's an issue with HDCP.

If I remove the receiver from the picture everything works fine, but sort of eliminates the purpose of having surround sound if I can't get it to work with most movies I watch. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

LoveMachine

May 8, 2012
I'm assuming this is connected via HDMI? I've had issues using older cables. It's a longshot, but a cheap easy way to diagnose the problem: Try a different HDMI cable, preferably a different brand/manufacturer. Everything HDMI tends to be finicky.

coolkish

Dec 30, 2009
What is the graphics card and bluray SW playback you are using? I am assuming this is a settings issue (bitstream/decde, default set for 2 Ch?)

Pantlegz

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2007
What is the graphics card and bluray SW playback you are using? I am assuming this is a settings issue (bitstream/decde, default set for 2 Ch?)

GTX 680 and it's an LG bluray player I've tried using powerdvd 10 and some other trail both said that same thing.

I'll try using different HDMI cables. I think it might be going from displayport to hdmi to the receiver then hdmi to hdmi between the receiver and tv.

Phanuel

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2008
Might be a displayport HDCP issue. Random googling is coming up with people experiencing issues over displayport, but nothing definitive.

Pantlegz

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2007
Might be a displayport HDCP issue. Random googling is coming up with people experiencing issues over displayport, but nothing definitive.

That solved the problem. I didn't think it would since DP to the TV worked fine with HDCP but maybe the media change caused issues or something with the software since nVidia recognized it was still HDCP compatible