hd6990 Now on sale in Australia

RobertPters77

Feb 11, 2011
900$ Holy shit! And since in Australia everything is 40-50% more expensive than in the U.S. my guess is the card will retail around 600-650$ here.

My sympathies goes out to my Aussie brethren. It's not your fault that your government is a bunch of cockwads taxing you to hell.

RocksteadyDotNet

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2008
900$ Holy shit! And since in Australia everything is 40-50% more expensive than in the U.S. my guess is the card will retail around 600-650$ here.

My sympathies goes out to my Aussie brethren. It's not your fault that your government is a bunch of cockwads taxing you to hell.

Oh noes, 10% tax! That's insane!

You're a ignorant individual. Tax isn't the reason stuff like this is expensive. It's hedged forex.

Edited to remove insult.

Last edited:

RocksteadyDotNet

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2008
I see you're upset. It's okay atleast you're not in canada.

It just pisses me off when stupid people talk about stuff they have no understanding of.

Does it annoy you when those morons post stuff like "Don't buy ATi/AMD because they have terrible drivers."

RobertPters77

Feb 11, 2011
It just pisses me off when stupid people talk about stuff they have no understanding of.

Does it annoy you when those morons post stuff like "Don't buy ATi/AMD because they have terrible drivers."

1. I have family in Australia. They may have a higher average wage but that correlates directly with increased prices on goods, services and higher taxes.

2. Not really, when it's true. CCC=Crash City. I had to revert the drivers on my 4850 several times because of CCC.

RocksteadyDotNet

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2008
1. I have family in Australia. They may have a higher average wage but that correlates directly with increased prices on goods, services and higher taxes.

2. Not really, when it's true. CCC=Crash City. I had to revert the drivers on my 4850 several times because of CCC.

You said the HD6990 was expensive because of tax. That isn't true.

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
I see you're upset. It's okay atleast you're not in canada.

What is that remark supposed to mean? Personal income taxes in US and Canada are very similar once you take into account the healthcare medical insurance (unless your workplace covers that). The major difference is the size of the income tax brackets, not so much the personal tax rates. If you are making < $100k in the US, then there is hardly a difference. Besides the point, Canada provides free healthcare to everyone and has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. You can't just compare the quality of life based on taxes alone.

Last edited: