Hd 4000 vs ati 5670?

ncage

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
Any opinions here. I'm in the process of building my new rig. I already have a 5670 that i just swapped out tonight because my old trusty 8800GT finally died. My I7-3770 is on its way. I am an overclocker but i won't be overclocking the i7-3770. Its fast enough. Also not a gamer. I do video stuff (encoding & transcoding) sometimes though. I definitely will be taking advantage of quicksync. Also watch some HD content. Either video would be fine i'm sure for HD video content though.

I've tried to build my rig with power draw as one of my main goals. Anyone see any reason why not just to use the HD 4000 graphics that come with my new intel cpu? I was looking at anandtech's review of the 3700k and noticed that the 5570 (should be close to my) didn't use THAT much more power than the HD 4000 but of course there is SOME difference.

FYI: I run dual displays at 1680x1050.

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
Any opinions here. I'm in the process of building my new rig. I already have a 5670 that i just swapped out tonight because my old trusty 8800GT finally died. My I7-3770 is on its way. I am an overclocker but i won't be overclocking the i7-3770. Its fast enough. Also not a gamer. I do video stuff (encoding & transcoding) sometimes though. I definitely will be taking advantage of quicksync. Also watch some HD content. Either video would be fine i'm sure for HD video content though.

I've tried to build my rig with power draw as one of my main goals. Anyone see any reason why not just to use the HD 4000 graphics that come with my new intel cpu? I was looking at anandtech's review of the 3700k and noticed that the 5570 (should be close to my) didn't use THAT much more power than the HD 4000 but of course there is SOME difference.

As u are not a gamer the HD 4000 will be fine for u.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
Also not a gamer.

I've tried to build my rig with power draw as one of my main goals.

If your mobo can handle it, I'd stick to the embedded GPU based on the above comments. You don't game so that's strike one. You want lower power draw and the video card will use more power, especially if it is powering 2 monitors at the same time (which automatically raises its clocks even when you're idling; roughly to what clocks would be if you were playing a Blu-Ray disc, so 25 watts according to http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_5670_IceQ/26.html). Strike two.