Having USPS hold a box for pickup? Good friggin' luck.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
When I call my local PO with the local number, they always work with me no problems.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
Just take your chances. The "8 PM" thing is generic, and it's much more likely to be delivered during the day. If it isn't there by 6 PM and you really are worried about the package getting stolen, ask a neighbor if they could check your porch every so often after you leave.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
When I call my local PO with the local number, they always work with me no problems.
Wish I could say that, I've had a few problems. Today seemed great... once I got through, will see tomorrow if the packages are there for me to pick up. Otherwise, no siree.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Just take your chances. The "8 PM" thing is generic, and it's much more likely to be delivered during the day. If it isn't there by 6 PM and you really are worried about the package getting stolen, ask a neighbor if they could check your porch every so often after you leave.
Honestly, if I don't have those packages by 5PM and they are out for delivery, I'm staying home... well, that's what I'm thinking now...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You are your own worse enemy!
So you can`t wait for your new battery operated Fleshlight to be delivered???
Then the batteries you ordered do not need a signature.....

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You are your own worse enemy!
So you can`t wait for your new battery operated Fleshlight to be delivered???
Then the batteries you ordered do not need a signature.....
Dude, that's a cliche and presumably works for every homosapien on the planet.

It's a computer, goddamnit. Bastards promised it would be ready for pickup at the PO, but they've blown it, had it out for delivery yesterday, and my taciturn asshole of a mailman failed to rouse me (I was home). I think it will be at the PO this morning... will drive over there and see. They don't pick up their phone most of the time, they are just assholes, there's no doubt about it. You are obviously an asshole too with that comment.