Having trouble in this one part of Portal.

foolfromhell

Jul 18, 2006
CONTAINS SPOILERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I SAID. SPOILERS.

This is AFTER the cake.

I have reached the second kind of turret,
http://i28.photobucket.com/alb...10-1516-07-20-35-1.jpg

And broken all 3 walls

http://i28.photobucket.com/alb...10-1516-07-28-92-1.jpg

But, I cant get into this vent!

http://i28.photobucket.com/alb...7-10-1516-07-37-84.jpg

There are chairs outside, but I cant get them in the door since there is a suppression field! What do I do?

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
Fool the turrent into shooting the thick glass pipe that is above you in the room where the vent is -it can be seen in the second pic you posted- (create a portal on the floor so that the turret can aim into the pipe)

After the glass is cracked, a cube will fall from it and you can use it to get into the vent. :)

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I just stacked the chairs from the first picture up in front of the vent. It was sketchy, but it worked.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Suppression field? I was able to take a chair into there. It was the "wrong" way to do it, but it worked for me :p

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Yep, I was stuck there for a bit too, but wound up stacking a few of the office computers on top of one another and jumped into the vent that way.

foolfromhell

Jul 18, 2006
Ah! this first time I had help. The chair doesnt work since there is a forcefield that disintegrates anything not metal. I went back some 5 rooms and got some metal grates, but that didnt work. Thanks for the advice. I escaped the fire the first time without any help! I thought I could do anything. :(

Edit: Trying to destroy the glass tube with the turret doesnt work. How did you get the chair through the forcefield? I cant also get the Turret to destroy itself.

Edit2: It did work. I hit it from the side, but the bottom fell. I didnt notice that.

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
They are indeed.

Every single second of the game is awesome, really.

Some people say it's short, and it is, but who can complain when every single second is filled with awesomeness?

RandomFool

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2001
www.loofmodnar.com
I don't know how long I spent trying to get that guy to shoot himself with a rocket. At first I didn't even realize he broke the glass on the otherside of the room.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Noema
They are indeed.

Every single second of the game is awesome, really.

Some people say it's short, and it is, but who can complain when every single second is filled with awesomeness?

The game is indeed short, but once you start working on the bonus challenges you can spend a lot of time on those trying to beat/meet the lowest time/number of portals/number of steps.

I'm doing pretty well with lowest number of portals, but the rest is going to take me a long time to figure out.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
Originally posted by: RandomFool
I don't know how long I spent trying to get that guy to shoot himself with a rocket. At first I didn't even realize he broke the glass on the otherside of the room.

lol, it took me a while to figure that out too, I was like why won't he blow himself up???

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: RandomFool

Same here :eek:. I made him hit himself so many times until I realized, "wait a minute... there's a glass window on the other side too... let's blow it up!" Then I spent forever at the same point that the OP was at. I wondered if I had to blow the tube up, but I wasn't completely sure. I usually do it by shooting a portal at the wall and then repositioning the portal up higher after he targets me.