Haven't eaten in 2 days, still not hungry...how bad is this?

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I normally have an eating problem. I eat WAY TOO MUCH and do not exercise portion control. The last thing I ate was some Oreo ice cream on Sunday night.

That night, I started feeling a tickle in my throat and couldn't sleep due to uncontrollable coughing. I finally fell asleep after 5:30AM and slept for a couple hours. My alarm went off at 7:30AM and I jumped out of bed...feeling fine considering that I hardly slept. Thinking I wouldn't be able to take a full shower before work, I put my head under the bathtub faucet. After only a couple minutes, I felt pain all over my body (like a full-body headache) and realized I wouldn't be able to go to work. My throat was finally starting to feel sore due to all the coughing through the night. If I tried to cough, I could taste blood. I later felt a bit of nausea, but never vomited.

Docs say it's bronchitis. I didn't mention, I also haven't defecated this whole time.

I haven't done a lot of coughing since Sunday night, but when I do, it's bringing up some nasty stuff.

Is it possible that I don't feel hungry because my stomach is full of mucous? Wouldn't I feel the urge to go #2 and expell the mucous? Will that prevent my body from absorbing the antibiotic I'm taking?

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
I have no idea, but you should make sure that you're drinking plenty of fluids even if you aren't thirsty.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
It is most likely one of two things:

Ass cancer
Ass herpes

Either way you're a dead man walking.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
As an ass herpes survivor, I disagree with your assessment.

You are one of the lucky few.

pour.jpeg

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
You probably have bronchitis. Take Mucinex and make sure you spit out your mucus. Don't swallow it for the love of God...D:...it is why you have no appetite.

Numenorean

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2008
Go talk to a chiropractor. I hear they are just like real doctors and can fix you right up without any medicine at all!

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
My wife and I had a similar illness that I am just now getting over.
The doctor said it was walking pneumonia, but couldn't say if it was bacterial or viral.
I didn't have much appetite, but I ate anyway.

My wife went to the doctor and got antibiotics, tamiflu and a steroid inhaler.
I have gotten better quicker than her and I haven't taken anything except DayQuil and a few hits from her steroid inhaler.

Ours was probably viral, because I caught it from my wife and her antibiotics haven't done anything.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
don't trip you're not alone. i was up til 5am, woke up at 8 am, haven't eaten in 2 days and can't eat today because I'm prepping for a colonoscopy.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Hey OP, your doctor did not do a rapid flu test? How about a chest x-ray?

Had a chest x-ray. I'm pretty sure it's not flu because I never had a runny nose or sinus congestion.

I did get exposed to toner from a laser printer on Friday...so that might have compromised my lungs.