Have you guy's (and gals?, umm nah) seen the new Audi R8?

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
I was never a massive Audi fan. However the new A4 isn't half bad, especially the RS4, of course, and the Q8 is pretty cool too (or is it the Q7).

But i have to hand it to Audi. Their new R8 looks absolutely astonishing, a bit pricey IIRC around at £76k but still. I would much prefer one over any equivalently priced Porsche offering.

Good god, just listen to that engine.

Just watch

and more....

One of my fave parts of the cars design apart from the amazing exterior, is the rear brake lights when illuminated (the new TT has this feature too).

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
sexy as hell! looks and sound! thats what the RS4 sounds like. saw one at waterfest (huuge VW enthusiast show) - RS4, not R8.

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Aharami
sexy as hell! looks and sound! thats what the RS4 sounds like. saw one at waterfest (huuge VW enthusiast show) - RS4, not R8.

I've never heard an RS4 go, although i can imagine it sounds quite nice. You can't beat the engine/exhaust tone of a normally aspirated engine.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
That's a nice sound. Dunno about the polka-dots though :confused:

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Kaido
That's a nice sound. Dunno about the polka-dots though :confused:

Haha. I'm not totally sure but its what they do to cars to keep them under wraps from the general public, when they haven?t officially been released. I thought it was supposed to conceal the car, however, if i saw that on the road with white dots all over it, it would most definitely make me stare at it, and try and work out what exactly it is. Lol.