Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 97 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
One more time dude, I couldn't care less what you call me, I don't even KNOW you. But to call somebody an idiot repeatedly, and then suggesting that it's not personal is perhaps the dumbest thing you've put forward yet! I hope you donate your brain to science because whatever is going on in there is truly special!
So you do want to continue to humiliate yourself? Comprehension skills are important. Yet, you question why someone calls you stupid. Go figure!

eikelbijter

Aug 27, 2009
You claimed this is due to vaccination mandates. Back up your claim or admit you just made it up.

It certainly isn't only due to the mandates, but it's pretty clear that a large part of the population is VERY unhappy about the mandates, not only in the US but in all the countries that have or are implementing them. The election hasn't happened yet, so we're all just speculating at this point. I'm not gonna get in a pissing contest with you guys anymore, so you can believe what you want, but I'd like to know why YOU think support for Biden is dropping like a stone then. Remember, I'm not American and certainly not a Republican OR Democrat, so leave me out of the argument. Biden was supposed to bring the country back together, but instead it's being ripped apart even more. What's happening here then?

This thread is entitled "Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine?" In a flurry of posts here, you have managed to take it WAY off topic. That is the definition of trolling.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It certainly isn't only due to the mandates, but it's pretty clear that a large part of the population is VERY unhappy about the mandates, not only in the US but in all the countries that have or are implementing them. The election hasn't happened yet, so we're all just speculating at this point. I'm not gonna get in a pissing contest with you guys anymore, so you can believe what you want, but I'd like to know why YOU think support for Biden is dropping like a stone then. Remember, I'm not American and certainly not a Republican OR Democrat, so leave me out of the argument. Biden was supposed to bring the country back together, but instead it's being ripped apart even more. What's happening here then?

You don’t know what’s happening? You don’t see the single underlying factor that ties both of those things together?

Biden can’t bring this country together because one side doesn’t want it to be together. One side has been hell bent on opposing the other no matter what, even if it literally ends up killing their supporters. One side spreads propaganda and misinformation non stop. One side is trying to corrupt institutions for its benefit and the other side is trying to maintain them. Biden’s numbers are terrible because that’s what he’s facing and people like you blame him instead of the party that’s been poisoning this country for decades. Biden’s numbers are horrible because one party doesn’t know how to out message the other party. That’s it, that’s all there is to it because if you look at the metrics that most presidents are judged by, he’s killing it!

So just in case you haven’t figured it out yet, it doesn’t matter what Biden does, he’s not the problem.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
You don’t know what’s happening? You don’t see the single underlying factor that ties both of those things together?

Biden can’t bring this country together because one side doesn’t want it to be together. One side has been hell bent on opposing the other no matter what, even if it literally ends up killing their supporters. One side spreads propaganda and misinformation non stop. One side is trying to corrupt institutions for its benefit and the other side is trying to maintain them. Biden’s numbers are terrible because that’s what he’s facing and people like you blame him instead of the party that’s been poisoning this country for decades. Biden’s numbers are horrible because one party doesn’t know how to out message the other party. That’s it, that’s all there is to it because if you look at the metrics that most presidents are judged by, he’s killing it!

So just in case you haven’t figured it out yet, it doesn’t matter what Biden does, he’s not the problem.

Your assessment is indeed correct, but won't make a dent in anklebiter's opinion....hard to make an impression upon stupid, dontcha know?

Reactions: Pohemi

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
More evidence that vaccines matter in a positive way.

Omicron: BA.2 more contagious, but vaccinated less likely to spread it, study finds (cnbc.com)

KEY POINTS
  • Danish scientists found the BA.2 subvariant, which has rapidly become dominant in Denmark, spread more easily across all groups regardless of sex, age, household size and vaccination status.
  • However, only unvaccinated people demonstrated higher transmissibility of BA.2 compared to the previously dominant BA.1, which could be due to a higher viral load.
  • People who were fully vaccinated actually transmitted BA.2 less compared to BA.1.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Only if the same applies to all people with a BMI over 30, or all smokers, heavy drinkers, drunk drivers.... See where this goes?
But this situation is unique in that the whole community is involved weather they like it or not, if a few obese people/heavy smokers wind up in the ICU it won't be enough to overwhelm all the resources.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Only if the same applies to all people with a BMI over 30, or all smokers, heavy drinkers, drunk drivers.... See where this goes?

But this situation is unique in that the whole community is involved weather they like it or not, if a few obese people/heavy smokers wind up in the ICU it won't be enough to overwhelm all the resources.

I agree with eikelbjiter's point here, though only insofar as the issue is 'denying medical care'. Anti-vaxxers are, in many cases, simply not right in the head, and you don't deny medical care for that reason.

For all those 'unhealthy behaviours' though we apply social and legal pressure in a variety of ways to dissuade people from engaging in them. For drunk drivers we send them to prison (we don't do nearly enough to discourage sober drivers from their bad choices, in my opinion). There's no reason why society can't impose similar legal restrictions on those who refuse to be vaccinated.

Mar 11, 2004

They're still trotting that shit out?

The dumbest fucking part is yes we absolutely should also be doing something about smokers/obese people. In fact we have been. So why they think this is a sound argument is so goddamn dumb that well, it can only come from people with broken brains.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Maybe this will help keep the Covid idiots walking the earth from reproducing.
One can only hope.

Will be keeping track of how long boosters last and how prevalent variants are and will definitely be also considering the next booster shot in order to prevent catching COVID for non-fatal effects.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
This thread was so far back, you'd think we were completely out of the woods on Covid.

It's not over, America: Spring is here — and so is the next wave of COVID | Salon.com

The mask mandate expired in my state last week, but I know that COVID doesn't give one shit about how tired everybody is about COVID and wearing masks. I am and will continue to wear my mask in public situations until I get my next booster. Have fun.
Yeah, sadly seems like 90%+ of people around here stopped wearing masks. It's such a ridiculously minor inconvenience though I will continue to do it indoors (or in a crowd outdoors).

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I had two appointments yesterday.

First at the eye doctors, sign on door, masks mandated.
Second was a dentist appoint, no sign about masks, nor did they ask those without to put one on.
The week before, dermatologist office, sign on door, masks mandated.