Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 51 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Your decision to put others at risk is not THEIR choice though. You are accepting and taking risk on someone else's behalf that they may not be willing to accept.
So no, this virus is not just your body your choice. It is also "YOUR body, MY choice". which means that you taking that risk for someone else completely rejects the respect for their autonomy.

If the virus kept to the host and weren't transmissible and deadly in the manner it is, there wouldn't be nearly the same public health concern.
My advice for those people is stay at home with their door lock and maybe blanket over their head and to never go out. I and million of people like me will continue living our life normally just like we had and will be.
What would your response be if someone wanted to drink and drive? Would you still say their body their choice and if other people are not comfortable with it then they should stay off the road? Or would you feel differently?
Driving is a privilege , if they don't want to follow the laws of the road, they should not drive.
Ok. Let's keep going with that thought exercise. Say it wasn't the law, say the populace forced their representatives to abolish such laws, or it was never the law in the first place because people did not want it to become a law. Would you still support individual freedom to drink and drive and advise everybody else to stay off the road if they were afraid for their lives?
If driving drunk was legal, i would not have problem with it.
@weblooker2021 Thanks for an honest answer I guess. No further questions.

To everyone else - here's who you're arguing with. Make your own conclusions.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
The new CDC guidelines for fully vaccinated people not required to wear masks outdoors and indoors is stupid. Like welcome to your next India sized wave. It's the selfish people like weblooker that will not be wearing masks and just lie about being vaccinated.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
The new CDC guidelines for fully vaccinated people not required to wear masks outdoors and indoors is stupid. Like welcome to your next India sized wave. It's the selfish people like weblooker that will not be wearing masks and just lie about being vaccinated.
Technically i don't need to as i am immune from having being infected. In fact it's recommended one not get vaccinated soon after infection(i was asymptomatic).

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Agreed. People that aren't vaccinated but are dbags will just be like fuck it, and say they are vaccinated. There are a looooooot of dbags in this country.

Reactions: iRONic

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Agreed. People that aren't vaccinated but are dbags will just be like fuck it, and say they are vaccinated. There are a looooooot of dbags in this country.
Well good case study for the rest of the world about relaxing guidelines without having necessary restrictions in place to prevent abuse by the selfish

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Notice how lil-deuche didn't claim that he wont lie about being vaccinated...
Mask mandate is done. Those that don't want to wear a mask, don't want to get vaccinated will not be forced to socially. There will not be any passport in US to confirm that people is vaccinated. Those that is still afraid, should wear their mask, maybe stay at home etc. The rest of us will enjoy our life the way we want to enjoy it and the way we been enjoying for long time except in such places as in stores until now.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
private businesses are free to request documentation. One cruise line is considering pulling out of Florida because they WANT to request proof of vaccination, and Ron DeSantis just signed a law saying you can't require proof of vaccination.

Reactions: hal2kilo

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
private businesses are free to request documentation. One cruise line is considering pulling out of Florida because they WANT to request proof of vaccination, and Ron DeSantis just signed a law saying you can't require proof of vaccination.
That had to do with CDC regulations on them. I am guessing they will change that very soon.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
I think the CDC is making a mistake. People who are too stubborn or selfish to take the vaccine are certainly now going to not wear a mask, and if asked, will just lie and say they are. Again, if it were just their health, let them take the risk. Unfortunately, if there is a surge in cases among the un-vaccinated it vastly increases the possibility of the generation of a new variant that could be vaccine resistant, and set us back basically to square one.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Thank you Biden for stressing only fully vaccinated are removed from mask mandate. Pity he wasn't blunt and told the selfish people don't lie and pretend you are vaccinated

• Haha
Reactions: weblooker2021

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Thank you Biden for stressing only fully vaccinated are removed from mask mandate. Pity he wasn't blunt and told the selfish people don't lie and pretend you are vaccinated
Tell me honestly, do you think people will listen to him about not lying?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
So riddle me this. How did you get covid? Did you actively seek it out? Did you say "hey, I want covid so I'm going to go get exposed to it and purposefully contract it"? Or, did you contract it f it from someone else without knowing it?
What if instead of being asymptomatic, you had severe complications and long-covid after effects?
You'd still say that person had no responsibility to protect you from a potentially life-threatening disease?
Went to a "COVID party", more correctly knows as a "Trump rally".

Reactions: hal2kilo

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Mask mandate is done. Those that don't want to wear a mask, don't want to get vaccinated will not be forced to socially. There will not be any passport in US to confirm that people is vaccinated. Those that is still afraid, should wear their mask, maybe stay at home etc. The rest of us will enjoy our life the way we want to enjoy it and the way we been enjoying for long time except in such places as in stores until now.
Mask mandate or not has literally nothing to do with your selfish asshole stance now get vaccinated or fuck off! Chrissakes stop being a selfesh self entitled c*nt and grow the fuck up!

I expect you'll cry and whine and bitch and moan when you are denied a good or service because your tiny brain has an irrational fear over something so goddamned simple
and beneficial to society.

Fuck you!

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Mask mandate or not has literally nothing to do with your selfish asshole stance now get vaccinated or fuck off! Chrissakes stop being a selfesh self entitled c*nt and grow the fuck up!

I expect you'll cry and whine and bitch and moan when you are denied a good or service because your tiny brain has an irrational fear over something so goddamned simple
and beneficial to society.

Fuck you!
Who will deny me good or service? We will not have a vaccine passport in this country, at this point that seems to be a fact.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Well teh good news is that wave should only affect those idiots that are too stupid to get vaccinated. Though through their stupidity, mutant strains may arise negating our immunity.

• Haha
Reactions: weblooker2021

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Whoever wants to.

Serious question, do you consider yourself to be emotionally normal?
Yes i am emotionally normal. Sure any private business can deny service except that they can't discriminate against those that can't wear a mask for whatever medical reason that might be.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yes i am emotionally normal.
You are definitely not emotionally normal, I was just curious as to if you thought of yourself as emotionally normal or if you were aware that these sociopathic positions you hold are aberrant.

Sure any private business can deny service except that they can't discriminate against those that can't wear a mask for whatever medical reason that might be.
Oh they can and do. Now you could request a reasonable accommodation from each individual business you would like to patronize mask free through their designated representative for that and have it evaluated. Depending on the business and your scope of interaction with them they may be able to request formal medical documentation of your disability. The idea that they just have to let you in because you claim a disability is just wrong though.