Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Got it as soon as it was available to me. Already had COVID, but better safe than sorry. I do NOT want to go through that again.

I really hate how many far right people I know are raging against the vaccine. Granted these same morons seem to believe every stupid conspiracy theory that comes along, so I can't say I'm shocked.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I would love to fire someone for presenting a false document (the fake vaccination card) it would rate up there with:

Being fired for pushing a keyboard thru a wall because they were angry

Why would you fire someone capable pushing a keyboard through a wall when angry? Sounds like that's Dr Bruce Banner you've got there.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I really don't care about morality when it comes to this issue. As for my parents, they would say my body my choice.
Your decision to put others at risk is not THEIR choice though. You are accepting and taking risk on someone else's behalf that they may not be willing to accept.
So no, this virus is not just your body your choice. It is also "YOUR body, MY choice". which means that you taking that risk for someone else completely rejects the respect for their autonomy.

If the virus kept to the host and weren't transmissible and deadly in the manner it is, there wouldn't be nearly the same public health concern.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Your decision to put others at risk is not THEIR choice though. You are accepting and taking risk on someone else's behalf that they may not be willing to accept.
So no, this virus is not just your body your choice. It is also "YOUR body, MY choice". which means that you taking that risk for someone else completely rejects the respect for their autonomy.

If the virus kept to the host and weren't transmissible and deadly in the manner it is, there wouldn't be nearly the same public health concern.
My advice for those people is stay at home with their door lock and maybe blanket over their head and to never go out. I and million of people like me will continue living our life normally just like we had and will be.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Got it as soon as it was available to me. Already had COVID, but better safe than sorry. I do NOT want to go through that again.

I really hate how many far right people I know are raging against the vaccine. Granted these same morons seem to believe every stupid conspiracy theory that comes along, so I can't say I'm shocked.

How were the side effects after the shot(s)? My brother had an ugly case of COVID, not ugly enough to be hospitalized, but ugly enough to develop lung problems that took 3 months to clear up. He said he was back to 102F fever for a day after each of the Pfizer-Biontech shots.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
My advice for those people is stay at home with their door lock and maybe blanket over their head and to never go out. I and million of people like me will continue living our life normally just like we had and will be.
What would your response be if someone wanted to drink and drive? Would you still say their body their choice and if other people are not comfortable with it then they should stay off the road? Or would you feel differently?

Reactions: jman19

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

You just told millions of people that they should remain shut-ins for the rest of their lives because you think your irrational desire to avoid a vaccine is more important than their rational desire to survive.

No. Grow up and get your shots. Being an adult means accepting that you have some social responsibilities and don't live in a bubble.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
What would your response be if someone wanted to drink and drive? Would you still say their body their choice and if other people are not comfortable with it then they should stay off the road? Or would you feel differently?
Driving is a privilege , if they don't want to follow the laws of the road, they should not drive.
You just told millions of people that they should remain shut-ins for the rest of their lives because you think your irrational desire to avoid a vaccine is more important than their rational desire to survive.

No. Grow up and get your shots. Being an adult means accepting that you have some social responsibilities and don't live in a bubble.
No i do not have any social responsibility to protect anyone else. I will not blame anyone else if i get sick again(i had covid but was asymptomatic).

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Driving is a privilege , if they don't want to follow the laws of the road, they should not drive.

No i do not have any social responsibility to protect anyone else. I will not blame anyone else if i get sick again(i had covid but was asymptomatic).
So riddle me this. How did you get covid? Did you actively seek it out? Did you say "hey, I want covid so I'm going to go get exposed to it and purposefully contract it"? Or, did you contract it f it from someone else without knowing it?
What if instead of being asymptomatic, you had severe complications and long-covid after effects?
You'd still say that person had no responsibility to protect you from a potentially life-threatening disease?

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
So riddle me this. How did you get covid? Did you actively seek it out? Did you say "hey, I want covid so I'm going to go get exposed to it and purposefully contract it"? Or, did you contract it f it from someone else without knowing it?
What if instead of being asymptomatic, you had severe complications and long-covid after effects?
You'd still say that person had no responsibility to protect you from a potentially life-threatening disease?
I have no idea how I got it, to this day i don't know anyone else that got sick. It's possible I caught it in a store while shopping. If i got seriously sick, i would deal with it best I could including seeking emergency room help. Yes even if i gotten seriously sick, i still say person got no personal responsibility to another person.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Ok. Let's keep going with that thought exercise. Say it wasn't the law, say the populace forced their representatives to abolish such laws, or it was never the law in the first place because people did not want it to become a law. Would you still support individual freedom to drink and drive and advise everybody else to stay off the road if they were afraid for their lives?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Yet I'm sure you'd expect fire or police paid by other people's taxes to show up to your house when you call 911...

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
I have no idea how I got it, to this day i don't know anyone else that got sick. It's possible I caught it in a store while shopping. If i got seriously sick, i would deal with it best I could including seeking emergency room help. Yes even if i gotten seriously sick, i still say person got no personal responsibility to another person.
Living in a free society is a privilege and pukes like you are hell bent on fucking that up for those of us who appreciate and respect that privilege. Now fuck off traitor!

Reactions: iRONic

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Ok. Let's keep going with that thought exercise. Say it wasn't the law, say the populace forced their representatives to abolish such laws, or it was never the law in the first place because people did not want it to become a law. Would you still support individual freedom to drink and drive and advise everybody else to stay off the road if they were afraid for their lives?
If driving drunk was legal, i would not have problem with it.
Yet I'm sure you'd expect fire or police paid by other people's taxes to show up to your house when you call 911...
So i somehow do not pay taxes for police and fire through my property taxes?
Living in a free society is a privilege and pukes like you are hell bent on fucking that up for those of us who appreciate and respect that privilege. Now fuck off traitor!
So i am bent on fucking society when i have the freedom to say no to vaccination?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
How were the side effects after the shot(s)? My brother had an ugly case of COVID, not ugly enough to be hospitalized, but ugly enough to develop lung problems that took 3 months to clear up. He said he was back to 102F fever for a day after each of the Pfizer-Biontech shots.
My COVID experience itself was starting with a few days of loss of smell. Then about 3 days into that I developed nausea, extreme exhaustion, intermittent headaches, and ... we'll call it digestive issues. The nausea, exhaustion, and headaches were about 5-7 days worth. The digestive issues lasted to a varying degree for about 3 weeks. The loss of smell was total for about 2-3 weeks and partial for another 4ish. Never had any respiratory issues. Never had a fever.

I got the Pfizer shot. Pretty much no reaction outside of a sore arm after the first one, and some minor muscle aches the day after the second along with the sore arm.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
If driving drunk was legal, i would not have problem with it.
So i somehow do not pay taxes for police and fire through my property taxes?

So i am bent on fucking society when i have the freedom to say no to vaccination?
Your arrogance and plain stupidity on that matter and your "fuck everyone else cuz my freedumb" is the most important thing in your universe is what is harming my free society. You don't care about true freedom or free society. Your tiny brain cannot grasp the concept or process the true meaning of those words. Selfish entitled moron is what you are and you do not have any ground to stand on with any of this. You are an asshole of the worst kind and you are only deserving of scorn and contempt. You have zero appreciation of what the responsibilities of freedom are...and I for one proudly will tell you to fuck off or give you a big fuck you because of your pride in your willful ignorance! You are literally nothing more then a little bitch with zero understanding of the society you claim!

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

You absolutely do. Pandemics are shared responsibilities as a matter of course; we only get past them by working together. Self-centeredness is precisely why southern states' first wave never really ended, and why they faced some of the worst hospitalization and death rates in the period just before vaccinations took off. And why are case rates declining? Because people are taking on social responsibility and getting vaccinated even if they're young or otherwise face few risks.

Asking to have all the freedom but none of the responsibility doesn't make you smart... it makes you a teenager.