Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 48 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Finally got my first dose yesterday. Pfizer! About half a day in and the only side-effect is a sore arm, so I'm doing pretty well all things considered. The second shot will be the 'fun' part.
I was definitely planning for a rough day after the second shot. Nothing but a bit of a sore arm with both shots. My shoulders are pretty bad, so the pain hardly felt any different than a workout. I didn't sleep well the night of the shot but I could have been just being worried about rolling over and feeling pain. Sleep in a chair that night and you will be fine.

Dec 10, 2005
Waiver?! For someone who WANTS the vax?

Besides being a selfish asshole denying others in society safety you're a stupid, selfish asshole.

WTG
Sometimes, you have to wonder about the dedication to stupid. If I recall, one of the techniques some state-sponsored trolls like to use is to have accounts that appear utterly intransigent to basically quench conversation because people just give up in frustration. Of course, he also could just be a standard nincompoop. Could be a Poe's Law for trolls.

Reactions: iRONic

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Are you this stupid in real life or do you just play at being dumb on the internet in order to get boners?

It's possible the virus might decide not to infect someone if they show it a correctly notarised official waiver, exempting them from being infected. I'm sure most viruses are law-abiding. Just have to hope you don't encounter one of those maverick criminal viruses.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
THANK GOD for the patriotic Americans that by getting the vaccine will allow America to fully re-open and to fully re-turn to normal. Thanks to the patriotic Americans, however no thanks to the anti vaxxers, the anti maskers, the covid deniers, but a big thank you to every patriot out there. And thanks to the patriotic Americans of the 1950s who got their vaccine against Polio, and for their patriotism with stamping out Polio. Thanks to American patriotism and the vaccines that protect America children against measles. Thanks to those patriotic mothers and fathers who get their children vaccinated to enable a safe, healthy, strong American future. Thanks to American patriotism that believed in facts and believed in science. Thank you American patriotism for allowing America itself to become the land of freedom, and not a nation of self absorbed self righteous narrow minded misguided ignoramus. And thank god we had our patriots throughout American history because without American patriotism who knows where America would be today. Without American patriotism, covid would be the least of out worries. I do hope that every one of those anti-patriotic Americans will someday realize what the true patriotic Americans have done for America, for all of America, and including for them.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I was definitely planning for a rough day after the second shot. Nothing but a bit of a sore arm with both shots. My shoulders are pretty bad, so the pain hardly felt any different than a workout. I didn't sleep well the night of the shot but I could have been just being worried about rolling over and feeling pain. Sleep in a chair that night and you will be fine.

Thanks for the heads-up. Thankfully I tend to sleep on one side, so I can just get the needle in the arm that I'm not resting on. My arm has mostly recovered... just hoping the second is as mild as it was for you!

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
The good news is that New York, California, and a few other states offer exemptions only for medical reasons, and California has really cracked down on even medical exemptions.

It's nice to see that states are starting to crack down on the anti-vaxx nutcases. It's shameful that they are allowed to not only harm their own children by denying them vaccination but endanger others.

Wisconsin allows employers to mandate the vaccine, my wife is a WI business owner that is happy about that. She implemented it immediately, and happily all of her employees on the fence chose to get the vaccine ASAP.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Wisconsin allows employers to mandate the vaccine, my wife is a WI business owner that is happy about that. She implemented it immediately, and happily all of her employees on the fence chose to get the vaccine ASAP.
I don't think my employer will, but it would sure be nice.

Feb 4, 2009

Shit Liberal Mecca Massachusetts allows this. The Governor fires a warning shot about this in the Fall.
Basically it is perfectly legal for employers to ask for vaccination records.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I don't think my employer will, but it would sure be nice.
My employer isn't forcing it (not sure if they can in IL tbh) and we're a med device/pharma company. Seems ridiculous to me, every email they put out about the vaccine they put in a stupid line, "We understand that getting a vaccine is a personal choice" instead of pushing people to get it. It's not really a personal choice as it affects other people anyway.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
My employer isn't forcing it (not sure if they can in IL tbh) and we're a med device/pharma company. Seems ridiculous to me, every email they put out about the vaccine they put in a stupid line, "We understand that getting a vaccine is a personal choice" instead of pushing people to get it. It's not really a personal choice as it affects other people anyway.
I am sorry but my body my choice is a personal choice.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Right but his point is employers should mandate it as a condition of employment. If nothing else it kind of serves as a check for employees too stupid for a business to want to continue to employ.

Feb 4, 2009
Right but his point is employers should mandate it as a condition of employment. If nothing else it kind of serves as a check for employees too stupid for a business to want to continue to employ.

Yeah and I am not a HR expert.
I believe in Massachusetts the way it *could* work is the employer says “no more remote work office is open” then says without being vaccinated you cannot enter the office. Manager will verify your vaccination card we don’t want a copy.
Don’t get vaccinated you are absent.

I read last year a lot of these laws & rules go back to the 1918 pandemic and small pox. Not vaccinated = no entry.

While I doubt we as a State will need to go down that road because it appears enough people are willing to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004

Right, but good luck getting a job in the medical field where you're required to even have a flu shot, or any other intelligent employer that does not want people spreading a virus to other employees or customers.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah and I am not a HR expert.
I believe in Massachusetts the way it *could* work is the employer says “no more remote work office is open” then says without being vaccinated you cannot enter the office. Manager will verify your vaccination card we don’t want a copy.
Don’t get vaccinated you are absent.

I read last year a lot of these laws & rules go back to the 1918 pandemic and small pox. Not vaccinated = no entry.

While I doubt we as a State will need to go down that road because it appears enough people are willing to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity.
Massachusetts is an at will employment state, they could definitely fire someone for refusing to get vaccinated.