Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 47 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Seems no one wants to come off unemployment if they don't have to. I don't blame them, why work when you can make more right now staying at home.

We're seeing a little of this but mostly our former employees have left the industry, moved, or are working elsewhere/gone back to school and don't wish to return. Being laid off for most of a year seems also to have made lots people rethink what they want in their lives and for a lot to them the answer is often not more years in the service industry.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Sigh. A whole page of replies to the ignored user. People stop feeding the troll!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly. I put this asshole on ignore within a week of his appearance on p&n. I knew this is what he would become.
Quit feeding the troll.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
It kind of makes sense - you know how people who are too similar tend to dislike each other? This guy is displaying similar sociopathic traits as Trump, so maybe it’s two similar people repelling each other.
In the same vein as the over the top vocal homophobic republican politician, busted paying for gay sex.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
In most states parents can sign a waiver base on personal and or religious objection and not vaccinate their kids. Good luck actually changing laws in most of those states. As for health care, you can't deny someone care base on the fact they are not vaccinated. It's basically nothing but wishful thinking that such thing is possible in US. The only countries that can do it is totalitarian like for example in middle east. Israel instituted green passport but they are able to do it because it's basically military state.
Healthcare employees, not those seeking care. But non-emergency can deny anyone they want for care. My Daughter's office won't see any antivaxers, period.

I think most states require more than "I don't wanna" for schools and daycares.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Healthcare employees, not those seeking care. But non-emergency can deny anyone they want for care. My Daughter's office won't see any antivaxers, period.

I think most states require more than "I don't wanna" for schools and daycares.
Yes it works exactly how i described it. Here is an example of a waiver https://azdhs.gov/documents/prepare...hool-childcare/religious-belief-exemption.pdf

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
You seemed to have missed the most relevant part on the form:

"I am aware that in the event the state or county health department declares an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease for which I cannot provide proof of immunity for my child, he or she may not be allowed to attend child care until the risk period ends, which may be 3 weeks or longer."

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
You seemed to have missed the most relevant part on the form:

"I am aware that in the event the state or county health department declares an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease for which I cannot provide proof of immunity for my child, he or she may not be allowed to attend child care until the risk period ends, which may be 3 weeks or longer."
I didn't missed it. Yes i am aware that it can and does happen. During that time, school must provide necessary school work for student to do at home.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Pretty sure it depends on the state. Also pretty sure COVID would fall under the "outbreak" category and your little snowflake would have to stay home.
Yes it depends on the state but most states have an option for the waiver. Yes at this time it would still be in outbreak category but eventually it will end and school will not be able to refuse the waiver.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Yes it depends on the state but most states have an option for the waiver. Yes at this time it would still be in outbreak category but eventually it will end and school will not be able to refuse the waiver.
I don't really give a shit if the outbreak is over, until then keep the snowflake spawn out of school if they won't get vaccinated (once available).

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Keep in mind that it will eventually end... once enough people are vaccinated and the disease fizzles out as a result. It'll happen in spite of you, not because of you.

Reactions: iRONic

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Keep in mind that it will eventually end... once enough people are vaccinated and the disease fizzles out as a result. It'll happen in spite of you, not because of you.
I did not. Still don't feel much after waking up. Looks like I'm the lucky one.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The good news is that New York, California, and a few other states offer exemptions only for medical reasons, and California has really cracked down on even medical exemptions.

It's nice to see that states are starting to crack down on the anti-vaxx nutcases. It's shameful that they are allowed to not only harm their own children by denying them vaccination but endanger others.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Finally got my first dose yesterday. Pfizer! About half a day in and the only side-effect is a sore arm, so I'm doing pretty well all things considered. The second shot will be the 'fun' part.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
The good news is that New York, California, and a few other states offer exemptions only for medical reasons, and California has really cracked down on even medical exemptions.

It's nice to see that states are starting to crack down on the anti-vaxx nutcases. It's shameful that they are allowed to not only harm their own children by denying them vaccination but endanger others.
You mean Democratic states? Majority of the states will never change their laws.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
My teenage daughter and I got our first Pfizer shots today. I waited to get mine until my daughter was eligible so I could be there with her. The wife has been fully vaccinated for about a month now with the Moderna vaccine. Soreness in the the injection area for both of us is all.

Reactions: nOOky and iRONic