Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 46 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
How are you going to enforce it? contrary to popular believe, there is no law that requires you to wear cloth. No cloth/shoes no service is not law mandated. With exception of not showing your private part, you are not required to wear cloth. City's that tried to make showing underwear illegal by wearing pants to low, found out that court will not put up with such unconstitutional laws.

Business will not be enforcing show me vaccination proof or no service as it will cost them too much business. Plus it's highly unlikely we will have any real electronic passport as result of privacy laws. CDC covid card was/is designed as reminder tool only.
Showing privates is illegal nearly everywhere.

Also damn near every business would trespass you if you showed up in nothing but a thong.

For enforcement, require it for travel, mass events, sports, schools, colleges, health care. Most people would get it done if they actually had apporate consequences, it is them that doesn't want the responsibilities of living in society, why let them keep all the benefits.

Reactions: SteveGrabowski
Feb 4, 2009
In my work group we had two covid deniers at the beginning.

First, had his mom die of COVID after a month in the hospital, she was 55.

Second, a girl that's about 28, was off work for 3 months with it. Not sure if she ever went to the hospital.

Kind of the same with some deplorables I know
None were deniers but one said it was a virus designed by liberal scientists to undermine Trumps China trade deal.
How a virus undermines a trade deal is beyond my understanding
Two of the three have had COVID. All doubted it’s spread and called it nothing to worry about of the two that got sick one said recently “it is no joke, this thing (COVID) is tough”

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Showing privates is illegal nearly everywhere.

Also damn near every business would trespass you if you showed up in nothing but a thong.

For enforcement, require it for travel, mass events, sports, schools, colleges, health care. Most people would get it done if they actually had apporate consequences, it is them that doesn't want the responsibilities of living in society, why let them keep all the benefits.
In most states parents can sign a waiver base on personal and or religious objection and not vaccinate their kids. Good luck actually changing laws in most of those states. As for health care, you can't deny someone care base on the fact they are not vaccinated. It's basically nothing but wishful thinking that such thing is possible in US. The only countries that can do it is totalitarian like for example in middle east. Israel instituted green passport but they are able to do it because it's basically military state.

Last edited:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
It's still personal choice that every American should have a right to make.
Not when in is a proven threat to others. Your stupidity is why we will be under the threat of COVID for a decade, with millions of deaths due to COVID. You are a shit stain on society in additions to being a stupid selfish bastard.

Apologize to the trees for the oxygen you are wasting with your mere existence.

Reactions: Zorba

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Not when in is a proven threat to others. Your stupidity is why we will be under the threat of COVID for a decade, with millions of deaths due to COVID. You are a shit stain on society in additions to being a stupid selfish bastard.

Apologize to the trees for the oxygen you are wasting with your mere existence.
Why are guns not banned? How about driving fast, all cars should have max speed so no one get killed as we know fast speed kills etc. The fact is in US we have freedom and that what makes this country great.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
As for health care, you can't deny someone care base on the fact they are not vaccinated. It's basically nothing but wishful thinking that such thing is possible in US.

The easiest way to try to force compliance is financial. Let the insurance companies tell people who refuse to get vaccinated that they won't pay for any medical costs associated with a Covid infection. Legislate the same with Medicare and Medicaid. (the Republicons will love it, as they are always looking for excuses to cut those programs anyway).

Honestly, I'm over it now. If stupid people refuse to get vaccinated, it is evolution in action and they deserve in spades whatever miserable shit happens to them as a result. We should just ship the vaccine doses they don't want to some place like India where it could at least do some immediate good.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Why are guns not banned? How about driving fast, all cars should have max speed so no one get killed as we know fast speed kills etc. The fact is in US we have freedom and that what makes this country great.
You can be in my presence when I am armed, I, nor my gun, pose any threat to you at all.

I CANNOT be in your presence if you are infected with COVID because you are a direct threat to me and others.

Last edited:

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Yes we have a pretty great country but fuck heads like you are on mission from gawd to fuck it all up! Worthless piles of crap the lot of you. Fuck you! I demand that you need to respect my freedom and remove yourself from my free society!

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Right, and other people have a constitutional right to ban you from their businesses. You support this, correct?
Sure and considering that 30-40% if not more will not be vaccinated, how long before they go out of business? Welcome to reality, vaccination will not be enforced by 99.9% of the business.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
In most states parents can sign a waiver base on personal and or religious objection and not vaccinate their kids. Good luck actually changing laws in most of those states. As for health care, you can't deny someone care base on the fact they are not vaccinated. It's basically nothing but wishful thinking that such thing is possible in US. The only countries that can do it is totalitarian like for example in middle east. Israel instituted green passport but they are able to do it because it's basically military state.
As an employer you surely can require your employees to be vaccinated. Hope they all do.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Sure and considering that 30-40% if not more will not be vaccinated, how long before they go out of business? Welcome to reality, vaccination will not be enforced by 99.9% of the business.
It depends a lot on the business, far better to ban disease vectors for things like theaters than to sicken your audiences. I think you’ll see a bunch of it in those sectors.

The important thing is that you recognize people have a right to protect themselves from people like you.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Unless someone got religious believe which would violate that.
Absolutely not, there is no court that’s going to uphold the requirement for a business to expose its staff and customers to a deadly virus to accommodate someone’s religious belief. I know some businesses and colleges are already requiring vaccination and I hope more follow suit. It’s your right to decide to infect others and it’s their right to fire you for it.

That’s the beauty of freedom in America. We all get to decide who we want to do business with.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Fuck you! The more you post the more it shows what a trump butt hole licker you are. Leave my free society!

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Absolutely not, there is no court that’s going to uphold the requirement for a business to expose its staff and customers to a deadly virus to accommodate someone’s religious belief. I know some businesses and colleges are already requiring vaccination and I hope more follow suit. It’s your right to decide to infect others and it’s their right to fire you for it.

That’s the beauty of freedom in America. We all get to decide who we want to do business with.
Lets get back to that by end of the year and you can tell me how many million of business demanded their customer provide proof of vaccination and from employees as well.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
Fuck you! The more you post the more it shows what a trump butt hole licker you are. Leave my free society!
I can't stand Trump, i never supported him and never will. I never watch Foxnews, as they are idiots and 99.9% of everything the say is propaganda.

• Haha

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Lets get back to that by end of the year and you can tell me how many million of business demanded their customer provide proof of vaccination and from employees as well.
Sounds good, a recent survey shows about half the businesses in the US plan on mandating it. I bet if you look at those as a percentage of all employees it’s well over 50% as larger businesses are probably more likely to mandate it.

Choices have consequences, and really I think we both agree if an employee shows reckless disregard for the health of his coworkers that’s a good sign you should fire them anyway.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You posts show that you are also a fucking liar.
It kind of makes sense - you know how people who are too similar tend to dislike each other? This guy is displaying similar sociopathic traits as Trump, so maybe it’s two similar people repelling each other.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
The wife employs 5 people. 2 refuse to get vaccinated, citing concerns over the side effects. None claim religious reasons, which may help in the future if she decides to replace them. However it's extremely difficult to find workers to replace them. Seems no one wants to come off unemployment if they don't have to. I don't blame them, why work when you can make more right now staying at home.

I could only suggest that they be required to keep wearing masks when everyone else is vaccinated and restrictions are lifted, hopefully some shaming will take place. Otherwise advertise their jobs, and replace them as you get qualified replacements. For the record, these two are girls that have boyfriends that are staunch trump supporters, we have a lot of that in Wisconsin yet. One has a sticker in her rear window that says: "0% liberal" and she works for my liberal wife. It must kill her to have to do so.