Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 45 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

carlotta

Apr 28, 2021
my office recently make a drive for vaccine and already apply for vaccination ,I'm little bit of scared but It's ok

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
No, but I don't need to. If you're fine with believing the vaccine is all fine and well, good for you. When I make the decision to get the vaccine the most important factor is the question of do I think I need this in the first place ? For me it's absolutely not, so the safety of the vaccine is a concern but a very secondary one.
You should have been an honest idiot in the first place.

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
You're asking me to tell the future for a vaccine technology that has never been used before, maybe it was a dumb question ?

If you are going to post statements like that, perhaps you should try to actually do some reading about the science beforehand.

Lipid nanoparticles have been researched for 50+ years. Lipids are one of the most common components of cellular life. They are used in various medications, including medications that have been used in medical practice for 20+ years like AmBisome and Doxil, and many others that are taken by mouth. Lipid nanoparticles have been used for nucleic acid delivery for research trials for many years and the first FDA approved nucleic acid drug was approved in 2018, named Patisiran. Subsequently, additional nanoparticle drugs have been found to be safe and effective including Givlaari and Lumasiran (and the European Union has approved inclisiran).

But thanks for reinforcing to everyone why nobody believes anything you post here.

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
If you are going to post statements like that, perhaps you should try to actually do some reading about the science beforehand.

Lipid nanoparticles have been researched for 50+ years. Lipids are one of the most common components of cellular life. They are used in various medications, including medications that have been used in medical practice for 20+ years like AmBisome and Doxil, and many others that are taken by mouth. Lipid nanoparticles have been used for nucleic acid delivery for research trials for many years and the first FDA approved nucleic acid drug was approved in 2018, named Patisiran. Subsequently, additional nanoparticle drugs have been found to be safe and effective including Givlaari and Lumasiran (and the European Union has approved inclisiran).

But thanks for reinforcing to everyone why nobody believes anything you post here.

Researched but never used. If you're fine with that be my guest, I'm not.

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
This is you being dishonest again. That was not the question I and others asked you.

You asked if vaccines in the past have a history of being unsafe etc, clearly to try and use that as evidence that this new one will be fine based on that, this isn't hard.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

They've (mRNA vaccines) been used (actually given to people) in clinical trials going back at least a decade. The present trend of people obsessing over the imagined risks of a platform they do not, even at a HS level biology class level, comprehend is just real good stuff. We're over a year from first trial dosings and hundreds of millions of doses in now so anybody who waves hands about the unknowns here is going to have to be more specific to be taken seriously.

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
Thanks for not bothering to read my post. Drugs like patisiran, Givlaari, and Lumasiran are all FDA approved nucleic acid medications and all use very similar formulations of lipids used for the lipid nanoparticle COVID vaccines.

The difference? They all require dosing every 3-4 weeks. For how long? Indefinitely.

Can you name a COVID lipid nanoparticle vaccine that requires indefinite dosing? Thanks.

Reactions: Brainonska511

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
my office recently make a drive for vaccine and already apply for vaccination ,I'm little bit of scared but It's ok

Don't be scared of the vaccine, be scared of what happens if you get the virus and haven't been vaccinated! I'm more nervous about my upcoming trip to the vaccination clinic than the actual shot.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Don't be scared of the vaccine, be scared of what happens if you get the virus and haven't been vaccinated! I'm more nervous about my upcoming trip to the vaccination clinic than the actual shot.
Right, there is nothing to fear from these vaccines, same as there’s nothing to fear from most vaccines. The odds of serious side effects aren’t zero but they are so low that for the average person they are effectively zero.

You get the shot and your arm hurts and maybe you feel crappy for the next day or so. It’s really not a big deal.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
No, but I don't need to. If you're fine with believing the vaccine is all fine and well, good for you. When I make the decision to get the vaccine the most important factor is the question of do I think I need this in the first place ? For me it's absolutely not, so the safety of the vaccine is a concern but a very secondary one.

Hope you get the chance to lose someone you love to COVID like so many of us have.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Right, there is nothing to fear from these vaccines, same as there’s nothing to fear from most vaccines. The odds of serious side effects aren’t zero but they are so low that for the average person they are effectively zero.

You get the shot and your arm hurts and maybe you feel crappy for the next day or so. It’s really not a big deal.

It is underrated how a lot of this debate has shifted from "with 99% survival COVID are good odds I'll be fine so am not concerned" to "the vaccines could be dangerous" even though the virus is quite clearly orders of magnitude more risky.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
You asked if vaccines in the past have a history of being unsafe etc, clearly to try and use that as evidence that this new one will be fine based on that, this isn't hard.

You are either a selfish asshole, a coward, or both.

Reactions: zinfamous

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
It is underrated how a lot of this debate has shifted from "with 99% survival COVID are good odds I'll be fine so am not concerned" to "the vaccines could be dangerous" even though the virus is quite clearly orders of magnitude more risky.

Yep. These people are just selfish assholes searching for anything they can find to justify their selfishness.

Reactions: zinfamous

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yep. These people are just selfish assholes searching for anything they can find to justify their selfishness.
I feel like people always admiringly quote JFK’s whole ‘ask not what your country can do for you’ line. Well guess what guys, here’s something you can do for your country and it’s free!

(I mean really it’s also something your country is doing for you but whatever.)

Reactions: feralkid and JD50

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
You are either a selfish asshole, a coward, or both.
Forget and won't waste my time looking through his posts, but is Annisman callous like weblooker and stated he doesn't care if he spreads the virus to others and they get sick and die?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Forget and won't waste my time looking through his posts, but is Annisman callous like weblooker and stated he doesn't care if he spreads the virus to others and they get sick and die?

I'm not sure if he's said the quiet part out loud, but he clearly doesn't care.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

More likely he's just a sick troll who thinks it's funny that people are being killed by COVID.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I really wish we just made vaccines a requirement to function in society and be done with it.

Just like we make clothing a requirement to function in society. I don't get why we let these fucking snowflakes control the country and the narrative, especially when the consequences are further death and economic destruction.

What really infuriates me is these are the same people that bitch the loudest about returning to normal. If you want to return to normal sooner, get the fucking shot, it's pretty easy.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
I really wish we just made vaccines a requirement to function in society and be done with it.

Just like we make clothing a requirement to function in society. I don't get why we let these fucking snowflakes control the country and the narrative, especially when the consequences are further death and economic destruction.

What really infuriates me is these are the same people that bitch the loudest about returning to normal. If you want to return to normal sooner, get the fucking shot, it's pretty easy.
How are you going to enforce it? contrary to popular believe, there is no law that requires you to wear cloth. No cloth/shoes no service is not law mandated. With exception of not showing your private part, you are not required to wear cloth. City's that tried to make showing underwear illegal by wearing pants to low, found out that court will not put up with such unconstitutional laws.

Business will not be enforcing show me vaccination proof or no service as it will cost them too much business. Plus it's highly unlikely we will have any real electronic passport as result of privacy laws. CDC covid card was/is designed as reminder tool only.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I heard that a 40 something contemporary and friend of my nieces and nephews, a student of my sister, has died from covid. He was one of the vaccine skeptics, and from what I hear a non-mask wearer who talked about my freedoms.
I can't make fun of this, it's just too close. The only redeeming thing is he had no children to leave behind.
In my work group we had two covid deniers at the beginning.

First, had his mom die of COVID after a month in the hospital, she was 55.

Second, a girl that's about 28, was off work for 3 months with it. Not sure if she ever went to the hospital.

• Wow
Reactions: skyking