Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 44 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
Y
In woman's for example there is false positive for cancer after vaccine. Who know what if anything will be discovered in the future. I am not willing to follow government demands and take this vaccine.

You are either a moron, a troublemaker or a combination of both.
There is no mandate to be vaccinated. There is no evidence of long term problems, the base of these vaccines have been studied since the 80s arguably the 90s.
Nobody should accept vaccination advice from a moron or a troublemaker.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
Don't forget that mammograms also have a baseline false-positive rate of ~10%. A not insignificant amount of people will have a false-positive mammogram, even without having a vaccine.

Yup Wife had one years ago that was concerning. Thing that was irritating is the suspected spot was close to her ribs. They kept trying and trying and trying and trying to smoosh her and pull enough to get a good image. After many attempts they gave up and brought in the mini ultrasound machine thing. Waved a wand for literally seconds and the tech was like “I am not a doctor but this looks like something you’ve had since you were a girl. Listen to what the doctor tells you but don’t lose sleep while you wait”.
Next morning Dr sent a message, this is nothing to worry about it has probably been there a long time we will scan it next year to make sure.
**I think it was random scar tissue or something, I sort of forgot but I’ll never forget how damn uncomfortable she was going in time after time and the absolute frustration that there was a perfectly good piece of equipment that was much easier for her waiting to be used. I suspect it was an insurance thing like use the cheap machine 5 times before moving to more expensive machine. Fucking health system is so screwed up. Honestly if there was an option to pay $100 and have the non squish machine do it she would have paid.

Reactions: Pohemi

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
The troll is going to keep trolling. If he makes you that angry just put him on ignore. There is no real point in calling someone names when they get off on it.
This in spades.
I had this troll on ignore within his first week of posting in p&n. I encourage others to do the same or quit feeding it.

Reactions: hal2kilo

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
got my 2nd Pfizer dose today and feeling like.... (NSFW audio)

This is that sweet confluence of almost okay and very disturbing. I felt like there was a bit of talent in there as well as somethings I wish I hadn't seen. The combination is entertaining.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Got my second Pfizer dose yesterday afternoon. I had a bit to drink last night so today was a "who dunnit?" of hangover or vaccine related symptoms. It was not severe at all. Took an afternoon nap and had a few beers in the early evening to keep the speculation going. It's bedtime and I feel fine.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Got my second Pfizer dose yesterday afternoon. I had a bit to drink last night so today was a "who dunnit?" of hangover or vaccine related symptoms. It was not severe at all. Took an afternoon nap and had a few beers in the early evening to keep the speculation going. It's bedtime and I feel fine.

that's how i'm rolling as well, going to bed feeling fine, let's see what the morning brings.

also, Marc Rebelliet is mad talented, he's like an oversexualized Reggie Watts. he makes loops on the the fly and improvises a mix of comedy and light social commentary. i've been listening to his Sunday streams for a while now and highly recommend them.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
i was good all evening after Pfizer dose two until 4 AM. my whole body was shaking and i had the chills but i still got a good nights sleep and feel great today.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I heard that a 40 something contemporary and friend of my nieces and nephews, a student of my sister, has died from covid. He was one of the vaccine skeptics, and from what I hear a non-mask wearer who talked about my freedoms.
I can't make fun of this, it's just too close. The only redeeming thing is he had no children to leave behind.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I heard that a 40 something contemporary and friend of my nieces and nephews, a student of my sister, has died from covid. He was one of the vaccine skeptics, and from what I hear a non-mask wearer who talked about my freedoms.
I can't make fun of this, it's just too close. The only redeeming thing is he had no children to leave behind.
According to one asshole in this thread he must have been a fatty who didn't take his vitamins. It's sad really, we've had effective ways to combat transmission and now a vaccine and yet many in our society have chosen to not take advantage of that for the dumbest of reasons. The second part of this podcast is really frightening from the standpoint of how divorced from reality people have become in this country.

Reactions: skyking

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Locally the county health department, and several pharmacies have gone to "walk in's" this week.

My fear is that due to the political mindset in the rural areas in the county, this is a sign we will never reach herd immunity, at least not through immunization.
Things have slowed down big time here in WV. Thursdays is the big vaccine day here and on the 2nd they did over 11,000 doses and yesterday they only did 2,200. It looks like we have over a quarter million excess doses yet to be given out.

Our interactive map shows the amount of doses per 1000 people in each county. If I were governor I would make some sort of contest or race between the counties and give it a patriotic spin.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Things have slowed down big time here in WV. Thursdays is the big vaccine day here and on the 2nd they did over 11,000 doses and yesterday they only did 2,200. It looks like we have over a quarter million excess doses yet to be given out.

Our interactive map shows the amount of doses per 1000 people in each county. If I were governor I would make some sort of contest or race between the counties and give it a patriotic spin.
In Michigan our governor tied lifting of restrictions to vaccination rates. I haven't looked yet to see how the usual idiots are losing their shit over that one.

Feb 4, 2009
For the non vax people

Summary:
1) Side effects from vaccination shows up fast in population, typically two weeks and near certainty within two months. Facts and data support this.

2) vaccine will reduce fertility. Zero basis in truth, this has not happened to anyone. This claim is farcical.

3) it’s none of your business if I’ve been vaccinated. No it is everyone’s business. Loved ones have the right to know, elderly or at risk you interact with have a right to know, the Country needs as many vaccinated as possible to protect us all it is patriotic to be vaccinated.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Just got my second Pfizer jab. Felt a bit off after the first one - hopefully this doesn’t kick my ass too hard but preparing anyway.

Will be nice to (safely) rejoin society again in a few weeks.

Reactions: skyking

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

It's soul crushing to see people refusing the vaccine now. I just lost a really close childhood friend a couple of weeks ago to COVID. He couldn't find an appointment in early March when I was talking to him about getting vaccinated, caught the virus in mid March, and died in mid April. Leaves behind a 3 year old daughter who looks just like him. And now I see the mass vaccination center in my neighborhood booked to only like 25% capacity for their clinic on Thursday like people aren't still dying from this. He was in his early 40s too. Anyone over 16 in the area can get the vaccine now and easily and makes me mad as hell they aren't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
In woman's for example there is false positive for cancer after vaccine. Who know what if anything will be discovered in the future. I am not willing to follow government demands and take this vaccine.
the fuck is this?

seriously: what? lol.

"Oh no! It doesn't give you cancer! what other horrible things will we learn about this year!???"

Reactions: KMFJD

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
It's soul crushing to see people refusing the vaccine now. I just lost a really close childhood friend a couple of weeks ago to COVID. He couldn't find an appointment in early March when I was talking to him about getting vaccinated, caught the virus in mid March, and died in mid April. Leaves behind a 3 year old daughter who looks just like him. And now I see the mass vaccination center in my neighborhood booked to only like 25% capacity for their clinic on Thursday like people aren't still dying from this. He was in his early 40s too. Anyone over 16 in the area can get the vaccine now and easily and makes me mad as hell they aren't.

County mass vaccine sites in the Tampa Bay area are beginning to shut down because of lack of interest in people to get the vaccine.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Sorry to hear about your friend. It has to be frustrating losing someone before they were able to get vaccine.

My sister and mother won't get the vaccine. They get their medical advice and read horror stories from the idiots on facebook. I keep telling them that there is good chance they will eventually get covid and the question was do they want to be vaccinated before it happens. Considering none of us are considered healthy it was a no brainer for me but they would rather roll the dice. It's also frustrating that we as a country could speed up achieving herd immunity and put this thing behind us if everyone would cooperate.

Reactions: KMFJD

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Sorry to hear about your friend. It has to be frustrating losing someone before they were able to get vaccine.

My sister and mother won't get the vaccine. They get their medical advice and read horror stories from the idiots on facebook. I keep telling them that there is good chance they will eventually get covid and the question was do they want to be vaccinated before it happens. Considering none of us are considered healthy it was a no brainer for me but they would rather roll the dice. It's also frustrating that we as a country could speed up achieving herd immunity and put this thing behind us if everyone would cooperate.

I wouldn't just say good chance: I'd say 100% chance they get it. This is almost certainly going to be the fifth human endemic coronavirus, eg a virus that will probably be with humans until humans are extinct. Once it got out of Wuhan the chances for eradication were already 0%. We're all going to catch the SARS-COV-2 virus, likely multiple times, in our lives, the same way we catch colds which are often caused by the other four endemic coronaviruses. Those of us who get the vaccines though will have an immune system trained to fight the virus the first time we see it. It's so ridiculous to not get vaccinated against this. Most of the people I know that were killed by COVID are older, but I know now a 42 year-old person and a 35 year-old person killed by this plague. And I honestly don't know a hell of a lot of people, so that kind of freaks me out seeing it hit that close to home. Thankfully none of my family is vaccine deniers, seeing my uncle had polio before there was a licensed polio vaccine and no one would want to deal with that shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: balloonshark

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
VS the 590,000+ dead that never got a chance to get the vaccine you stupid motherfucking shit stain on society.

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
Just got my second Pfizer dose. Feeling better after this round than the first, oddly enough.

Edit: Okay, the second dose is hitting me like a truck... so this must be what Bill Gates' wallet is feeling like.

Last edited:
Reactions: uclaLabrat

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
@Annisman* , @weblooker2021 or anyone who doesn't want to get the vaccine because "we don't know the long term health effects" - Can you cite a single vaccine that has a long term health impact that doesn't show up in the first few weeks or after hundreds of millions of people have received it over the last 4 months?

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
@Annisman* , @weblooker2021 or anyone who doesn't want to get the vaccine because "we don't know the long term health effects" - Can you cite a single vaccine that has a long term health impact that doesn't show up in the first few weeks or after hundreds of millions of people have received it over the last 4 months?

No, but I don't need to. If you're fine with believing the vaccine is all fine and well, good for you. When I make the decision to get the vaccine the most important factor is the question of do I think I need this in the first place ? For me it's absolutely not, so the safety of the vaccine is a concern but a very secondary one.