Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 43 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Yes but we don't know long term impact of the vaccine if any. Which is the reason why i will be holding off getting this vaccination for a while. Normally that is not a problem as it takes long time for vaccine to come to the market.
Name 1 vaccine with a long term impact that was not an effect that showed up within a week of the vaccine being administered.

This "we don't know the long term effects" argument is such complete bull shit.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Ignore the troll. Remember he's the one said he's tested positive for antibodies but was asymptomatic. And refuses to wear masks even though it's to protect others.

Can mods add a vaccine passport here to allow posting 🤣

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Name 1 vaccine with a long term impact that was not an effect that showed up within a week of the vaccine being administered.

It's a very convenient excuse though because 'long term' can essentially mean anything. Is it a year? Five years? Ten? A hundred?

We should be very clear - people who refuse vaccination that do not have some sort of medical condition that makes it unsafe are stupid and irrational. There's no getting around it, they are dumb. Unfortunately their stupidity can affect all of us and telling stupid people that they are stupid often makes them defiant and defensive so there's some coddling that has to go on. It's annoying, but stupid people can kill smart ones.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Got 2nd Moderna shot about 4 hours ago now, just starting to feel the spot on my shoulder.

I'll edit this to report any adverse symptoms that arise later in the day.

40 hour edit: The expected worst first evening/night didn't happen, just a slight headache.
Today though, I felt fairly sore all over and was excessively tired all day.

Can say it's by far the roughest follow-up symptoms post-vaccination that I've experienced, and it makes me wonder how ill I would have gotten if I had caught the full-fledged live virus in the wild. Yikes. This beats being on a ventilator any day of the week in my book.

Last edited:
Reactions: balloonshark

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
It's a very convenient excuse though because 'long term' can essentially mean anything. Is it a year? Five years? Ten? A hundred?

We should be very clear - people who refuse vaccination that do not have some sort of medical condition that makes it unsafe are stupid and irrational. There's no getting around it, they are dumb. Unfortunately their stupidity can affect all of us and telling stupid people that they are stupid often makes them defiant and defensive so there's some coddling that has to go on. It's annoying, but stupid people can kill smart ones.
A Venn diagram would be a near circle of anti maskers to these refusing to get vaccinated. Yes there is a small percentage of the population that won't be able to get vaccinated because of medical reasons. But that can be handled on one on one basis when travelling or some mass gathering venue.

Reactions: Zorba and Pohemi

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

Would not dying from COVID be considered a "long term effect" of the vaccine? Or how about never contracting polio, or smallpox, etc.?

Reactions: Zorba

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Locally the county health department, and several pharmacies have gone to "walk in's" this week.

My fear is that due to the political mindset in the rural areas in the county, this is a sign we will never reach herd immunity, at least not through immunization.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Ignore the troll. Remember he's the one said he's tested positive for antibodies but was asymptomatic. And refuses to wear masks even though it's to protect others.

Unfortunately he isn't the only person to float that same "argument" here. Amazingly enough not one person has actually linked up an offending vaccine yet.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Would not dying from COVID be considered a "long term effect" of the vaccine? Or how about never contracting polio, or smallpox, etc.?

I could see how some of the idiots using that line would actually see that as a negative outcome. Their immune systems are so weak now.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Dose #1 of the Moderna vaccine in today. Worst part (so far) was having to wait 30 minutes after the jab.

Last edited:

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001

I came in to post this but you are all over it. It's utter horseshit.
Drug treatments? Sure those often have unforeseen long-term effects. But there's a huge difference between a drug treatment and a one and done vaccine. It's engineered to go in do its job and disappear. The job is to convince the body to make some antibodies. It's not fucking rocket science.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I came in to post this but you are all over it. It's utter horseshit.
Drug treatments? Sure those often have unforeseen long-term effects. But there's a huge difference between a drug treatment and a one and done vaccine. It's engineered to go in do its job and disappear. The job is to convince the body to make some antibodies. It's not fucking rocket science.
Like this potential Pfizer at home covid treatment drug

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Troll or just a pooh-say?

235M shots administered in just this country already, minimal safety concerns.

Meanwhile you have mass death in India, pleading for aid, yet the first world twats are afraid of a little needle and sore arm.

Just F off already.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Like this potential Pfizer at home covid treatment drug

No, more like the biologics that keep appearing for arthritis. All those arthritis meds just hammer down on your liver. They keep rotating them for my wife, she takes X until it no longer works, then Y, then Z and so on. All the while testing liver enzymes.

Reactions: Pohemi

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
The vaccines being used have been in testing for nearly a year now, with exactly zero evidence for long term side effects. If your worry is that we need even more time can you point to a single vaccine that exists that has serious side effects that did not manifest within a year after injection? If not, why would these vaccines be special?

Relatedly, we have been studying people infected with COVID for more than a year as well and it appears the potential for long term side effects there is quite significant.

It would seem to be that if your concern is long term side effects that taking a vaccine proven to largely prevent COVID infection would be your best way to avoid them - no?
In woman's for example there is false positive for cancer after vaccine. Who know what if anything will be discovered in the future. I am not willing to follow government demands and take this vaccine.

abj13

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2005
In woman's for example there is false positive for cancer after vaccine. Who know what if anything will be discovered in the future. I am not willing to follow government demands and take this vaccine.

You mean short-term lymphadenopathy leading to false positive mammograms? Lymphadenopathy was described in both Pfizer's and Moderna's FDA EUA documents. This side effect is short-term, transient, and well known complications that occur with other vaccinations. This side effect does not preclude women from getting mammograms in the future after resolution.

So in summary, you couldn't find any concerns of long-term side effects and instead posted a known short-term and transient complication that was documented by both Pfizer and Moderna in their documents for approval? Thanks for reinforcing the safety of the vaccines. We're still waiting for a well-recognized and common long-term complication of a currently employed vaccine. Got anything of value or are you going to further document how woefully misinformed you are?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You mean short-term lymphadenopathy leading to false positive mammograms? Lymphadenopathy was described in both Pfizer's and Moderna's FDA EUA documents. This side effect is short-term, transient, and well known complications that occur with other vaccinations. This side effect does not preclude women from getting mammograms in the future after resolution.

So in summary, you couldn't find any concerns of long-term side effects and instead posted a known short-term and transient complication that was documented by both Pfizer and Moderna in their documents for approval? Thanks for reinforcing the safety of the vaccines. We're still waiting for a well-recognized and common long-term complication of a currently employed vaccine. Got anything of value or are you going to further document how woefully misinformed you are?
I am completely sure that your actual informed medical opinion will have no effect.

Reactions: Dave_5k and Pohemi

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

@Annisman* @weblooker2021 any actual long term effects you can share yet?

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Fuck you, you giant pile of shit and piss poor example of the species. Just fuck off and die already and take your stupidity with you! Fucking c*nt!

• Haha
Reactions: weblooker2021

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Fuck you, you giant pile of shit and piss poor example of the species. Just fuck off and die already and take your stupidity with you! Fucking c*nt!
The troll is going to keep trolling. If he makes you that angry just put him on ignore. There is no real point in calling someone names when they get off on it.

Dec 10, 2005

Don't forget that mammograms also have a baseline false-positive rate of ~10%. A not insignificant amount of people will have a false-positive mammogram, even without having a vaccine.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Last edited: