Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 41 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Just got first dose of Pfizer... so far, so good. I haven't had a sudden urge to go to Microsoft's website and buy the new Surface Laptop 4 yet.

FUCK! my surface Laptop 4 arrived today...and yes! I placed the order 2 days after Moderna # 2 last week!

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
FUCK! my surface Laptop 4 arrived today...and yes! I placed the order 2 days after Moderna # 2 last week!

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF you don't even need the laptop, the 5G is directly connected to your brain after the second dose.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Alright, got my first Moderna today at a local CVS, process was smooth and efficient.

Unfortunately, I had to work overnight Monday-Tuesday, so I'm a bit off today with a mild headache already. Any initial side effects, other than arm soreness (have a little), can't really be attributed to the vaccine. But whatever....lol

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
I was a bit groggy the day after my first vaccine shot. I started drinking so it just felt like I was drunk-tired.

Reactions: esquared

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Had my 2nd Pfizer. Kinda tired and sleepy day 2 and 3, but was still able to go on a long hike.

Ready for summer.

Reactions: esquared

5to1baby1in5

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2001
One week until 2nd dose.

I received a call from a buddy working the Boulder county fairgrounds vaccination site in Longmont, CO, and he said that have lotsa extra vaccine doses thawed out today. They're letting anyone that shows up get one (Moderna). Seems like there are plenty of shots available these days.

Dec 10, 2005
One week until 2nd dose.

I received a call from a buddy working the Boulder county fairgrounds vaccination site in Longmont, CO, and he said that have lotsa extra vaccine doses thawed out today. They're letting anyone that shows up get one (Moderna). Seems like there are plenty of shots available these days.
Depends on where you are. My wife had a hell of a time finding an appointment in eastern MA. First dose for her is this weekend.

Feb 4, 2009
Depends on where you are. My wife had a hell of a time finding an appointment in eastern MA. First dose for her is this weekend.

Second will be easy, they will probably give her a QR code to scan and that tells you all the second appointment slots within you window to have it done.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Alright, got my first Moderna today at a local CVS, process was smooth and efficient.

Unfortunately, I had to work overnight Monday-Tuesday, so I'm a bit off today with a mild headache already. Any initial side effects, other than arm soreness (have a little), can't really be attributed to the vaccine. But whatever....lol

My arm hurts a bit still, but otherwise ok. I feel like buying office 365 tho, is that normal?

• Haha
Reactions: Puffnstuff

simpletron

Oct 31, 2008
I suspect most, if not all, testing sites only offer one vaccine type because it simplifies training and reduces medical errors. When training thousands of people, you keep it simple - one dosing regiment, one needle type, one storage requirement, etc. Also people don't end up with one dose of Pfizer and one dose of Modena by accident.

I got my first dose of Pfizer on Thursday morning at one of Georgia's mass site and was impressed by fast and smooth the operation was. It took just under 25 minutes from start to finish with most of that time waiting 15 minutes at the last station for a reaction.

For symptoms, the upper, outer arm muscle, where the injection occur, got sore a couple of hours after injection and lasted about a day. The soreness was limited to just that muscle and it felt like I overworked that muscle.

I got my second dose of Pfizer on Monday. The process was a little faster at about 20 minutes because they had my information on file. As for symptoms the same muscle, where the injection occur, got sore again a couple of hours after injection and lasted a little under a day. For the first shot, the soreness was bad enough for me to avoid using my arm for a day. Whereas for the second shot, the soreness was a lot less, only noticeable when moving my arm and didn't hinder me at all. I was expecting something worse for the second shot.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Received both shots of Pfizer from CVS and so far, so good. No fever or doziness or anything but normal.

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Got my 2nd Moderna yesterday. The wife got hers the day before. She was tired and had a headache, but she soldiered through. I left work today early sick, first time in maybe 5 years. The 2nd shot is kicking my ass, I am exhausted and I get woozy when I stand up. Of course she keeps texting me to do stuff because I am at home, like I'm on vacation or something. Hope it doesn't last long.

Feb 4, 2009
Got my 2nd Moderna yesterday. The wife got hers the day before. She was tired and had a headache, but she soldiered through. I left work today early sick, first time in maybe 5 years. The 2nd shot is kicking my ass, I am exhausted and I get woozy when I stand up. Of course she keeps texting me to do stuff because I am at home, like I'm on vacation or something. Hope it doesn't last long.
You will be slightly sore but otherwise fine tomorrow. That is the typical pattern.

Reactions: nOOky

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Had my 2nd shot of Pfizer today. It took around 4-5 hours but soreness set into my arm. Right now I'm feeling tired and drained so its working my immune system. Hopefully I'll sleep like a baby tonight.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000

I’m still feeling kinda washed out since my 2nd Moderna. Lol@wives. They can handle a lot of shit but then you have to hear about it for a long time. When hubs don’t feel good they’re like take a Tylenol and don’t be a wimp. I need you to do all this stuff for me. How many heating pads does your wife have?

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
My arm hurts a bit still, but otherwise ok. I feel like buying office 365 tho, is that normal?

Finally found a use for my Zune; swipe it at the injection site and my vaccine card displays on the screen. Pfizer said I'll need a booster shot after 12 months though, I guess the batteries injected wear out.

• Haha
Reactions: jman19
Feb 4, 2009
Dec 10, 2005
so the visible fact that vaccinated people become sick at a far lower rate than the unvaccinated isn’t enough trust?
We ran large, well-controlled and well-powered experiments (aka, clinical trials) to prove the efficacy of the vaccines vs placebos, but apparently, that's not enough for some people, who think some mediocre science invalidates all the science.

Feb 4, 2009
We ran large, well-controlled and well-powered experiments (aka, clinical trials) to prove the efficacy of the vaccines vs placebos, but apparently, that's not enough for some people, who think some mediocre science invalidates all the science.

No they don’t like educated people because they are jealous of them.
It is that simple.