Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Well, I just got my 2nd dose of Moderna today. No arm soreness but that will probably set in by tomorrow like the first dose. Will report back tomorrow.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I was scheduled for #2 Moderna this afternoon, but I put it off till Saturday. I have to work a graveyard tonight and tomorrow night. I figured that was not advisable under the circumstances. It was easy to reschedule and I can recover from all of it, the blasted graveyards and any vaccine reactions over the weekend.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I've only been drowsy from the first pfizer. My arm hurts but barely.

I'm planning to take the day off after the second one. I'll see how it goes though. My mom had it and just arm soreness both times. My dad said he felt off for a day after moderna #2 but then was fine.

I received the shot in the Costco tire center, literally in a room full of racks of smelly tires. No big deal but sort of funny, I can't say tires are my favorite smell.

It took awhile though, they had a line and seemed to be running a bit behind. Some old guy asked the line if you needed an appointment to get in the line and me and 2 other guys about barked "YES!" in unison at him, lol. I guess we'd been there to long. My state has like zero appointments now unless you either want to drive or wait weeks. The J&J pause is just going to make it worse. Good news is adjacent states are accepting people from out of state now.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Well, I got my Moderna #2 on Tuesday and said I would report back the next day. That didn't happen because Moderna #2 kicked my ass the next day. But after a rough morning today, I am totally back to normal now. Drink plenty of water, it will help with your recovery if you get the flu-like symptoms.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
I was actually thinking about purchasing a 365 subscription slightly yesterday... The urge went away though.
Must've been due to outage yesterday https://downdetector.com/status/office-365/

/puts on Q-hat
May be unrelated but noticed how there has been more Microsoft outages since the vaccination ramped up in the past couple of months? Too many people coming online at once. Maybe that's why they are pausing the J&J vaccine to slow it down.
/takes of Q-hat

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Got my 2nd pfizer shot yesterday. I got in an out but they said they were busy earlier. I didn't even feel the needle. It felt like she pressed her finger on my arm.

After getting the shot I went bed shopping and laid on that arm to test mattresses. In hindsight that wasn't a good idea as I have a little arm soreness today but nothing I can't deal with. I drank a bunch of water that afternoon and evening to help with flushing out the toxins. I do feel a bit run down today but I haven't been sleeping well hence the bed shopping. I don't think I have a fever so it's been a uneventful adventure.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Got my 2nd pfizer shot yesterday. I got in an out but they said they were busy earlier. I didn't even feel the needle. It felt like she pressed her finger on my arm.

After getting the shot I went bed shopping and laid on that arm to test mattresses. In hindsight that wasn't a good idea as I have a little arm soreness today but nothing I can't deal with. I drank a bunch of water that afternoon and evening to help with flushing out the toxins. I do feel a bit run down today but I haven't been sleeping well hence the bed shopping. I don't think I have a fever so it's been a uneventful adventure.
My first Pfizer shot was like that. I felt like saying you're supposed to put the shot in before the Band-Aid.

Reactions: balloonshark

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015

Across the country, about 184.3 million doses have been administered. That translates to 56 doses per hundred people.

Do we believe this? the population of usa is 320 million but 184 million doses have been given out? do we divide that by 2 since it requires two shots? children are not even eliglble to get the vaccine around here and they will open it up to 16 and below but i know more people that are not vaccinated then are (*outside of work where we all had it provided if we wanted)

what am i missing, im sure im wrong but does it seem correct?
Alabama is the lowest, wonder why?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Not sure where else to post this, I don't really think it is systematic, but sad. This is actually the location I got my second dose at.

If I had to make an educated guess I would say her ID was in her dead name and she filled out her paperwork with her “new” trans name. If her dead name was Michael Lanyap and her trans name was Erica Lanyap then, yeah, there would be a discrepancy. Sorry, but you can’t expect local governments to understand all of this LGBTQAI+ stuff when it is relatively new and in constant flux as they try to include everyone. They just added “I” for intersex for the folks who have both sexual organs.
She was told to fill out the paperwork but was denied when her name and ID didn’t match.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I know there is a lot of sentiment about holding off on the vaccine for a while because you're not 65 and you're strong and all, but jeez I just lost one of my closest childhood friends to COVID at 42. You don't have to be old for this virus to be extremely dangerous to you.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Here's a site that tracks the percentage of people with covid shots.
For the seniors. 80% have had at least one shot and close to 65%are fully vaccinated.

Look at the map also and see what states are lagging behind. (GQP)