Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine Friday night (8pm EST). It put me on my ass the next day. I had chills, high temp, soreness, and I slept for much of the day. I'm feeling much better today.

Mar 11, 2004
I got the Johnson & Johnson one yesterday morning. No noticeable immune response reaction so hopefully it was effective. Also should find out after COVID test (nasal swab) on Monday if it triggers a positive.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
County appointment website opens up today at 3pm. They have 1,500 doses spread out over two days. My wife and I will be trying to get our appointment for next week. My county uses CDR HealthPro and they open up all times on the hour between 9am-3pm so we'll have to come up with a strategy to be successful like trying for 1pm on the second day. When I signed up my 92yo MIL a few weeks ago I noticed that most people were trying to schedule early times.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The wifey and I got injected with the first of two Moderna shots today. After ~12 hrs. no discomfort at rest, felt a little pinch in the delts when raising elbow side out. Wifey had about the same reaction. No other side effects......so far.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Wife got the Pfizer dose#1 2 weeks ago. I just got my Moderna dose#1 today. Wife felt no discomfort besides soreness at injection site. It's only been a couple of hours, but so far I feel no discomfort or soreness. Will report back tomorrow.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Wife and I got Moderna #1 yesterday afternoon. Only side affect is some pain at the top of my arm that started last night.

We thanked everyone we came in contact with during the process and told them we appreciated their efforts. They had National Guard directing traffic, county health employees registering people and giving shots, volunteers and fire department monitoring the 15 minute waiting area. Some of the folks we thanked were surprised because people in line either didn't say anything to them or complained because they were having to wait a long time to get the shot. When we finally drove up to the shot area I told them I'd like to order a double shot on the rocks with a twist of lemon. They all got a good laugh out of that.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I get my two prescriptions through a local grocery store chain that has pharmacies, for the simple reason with my coverage they are free to me.

This afternoon I got a recorded call saying they now were providing COVID vaccines, and to press 1 if I already had the shot or an appointment, and press 2 if I wanted to schedule an appointment.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
18-year-old grandson that is working at a drive-thru vaccination site for the county for second doses only stopped by this afternoon. He's helping with traffic, handing out paperwork, etc., is now making $30/hr. They are on the clock from opening to closing, meals, snacks, etc., are provided free.

Reactions: feralkid

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
Getting second dose of moderna on Saturday.

about 12 hrs after the first dose I had minor body aches and soreness. Guess will see what dose two does. Just happy to get the shot.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
I get my two prescriptions through a local grocery store chain that has pharmacies, for the simple reason with my coverage they are free to me.

This afternoon I got a recorded call saying they now were providing COVID vaccines, and to press 1 if I already had the shot or an appointment, and press 2 if I wanted to schedule an appointment.
It's free to all Americans, federal gov is paying for everyone. Insurance is not needed.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
It's been more than 24hrs now since I had my first dose of Moderna. Besides feeling like a bunch of leprechauns been punching my arm all night, I don't have any other side effects.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
It's free to all Americans, federal gov is paying for everyone. Insurance is not needed.
WOW, your reading comprehension doesn't fucking exist. You need to sue the fucking grade school where they apparently attempted to teach you to read. You know the words, but to gain any comprehension from them has clearly eluded you.

But since you seem to understand they are free, why the fuck don't you get one?

And on the slim hope you might learn something, while the vaccine is free, insurance is billed and covers the fee for administering the dose. Virtually everyone is waving that fee if you don't have insurance.

Last edited:

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Here in CA, people are cheating right and left to jump the line for vaccinations. They are lying, saying they are healthcare workers, or food service workers, or whatever, to get vaccinations earlier than their age bracket would otherwise allow.

I am very glad the eligibility requirements are going away on May 1. At that point, it will just be first come, first served, with no opportunities for cheating.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Here in CA, people are cheating right and left to jump the line for vaccinations. They are lying, saying they are healthcare workers, or food service workers, or whatever, to get vaccinations earlier than their age bracket would otherwise allow.

I am very glad the eligibility requirements are going away on May 1. At that point, it will just be first come, first served, with no opportunities for cheating.

Welcome to Texas since January. I wasn't asked any questions when I got my shots but I do qualify under state guidance. Though now that the governor lifted all mitigations I don't begrudge anybody going to get vaccinated regardless if they officially qualify or not. People need protection and they're not going to get if from the state government here.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Welcome to Texas since January. I wasn't asked any questions when I got my shots but I do qualify under state guidance. Though now that the governor lifted all mitigations I don't begrudge anybody going to get vaccinated regardless if they officially qualify or not. People need protection and they're not going to get if from the state government here.

Even apart from the rampant lying and cheating, there's been a lot of cock-eyed shit with the requirements themselves here. For example, my 30 year old daughter got her first dose in early January because she works for a healthcare organization...as an exec in their corporate offices, with no patient contact whatsoever. I'm happy for her, but that's kind of lame.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Even apart from the rampant lying and cheating, there's been a lot of cock-eyed shit with the requirements themselves here. For example, my 30 year old daughter got her first dose in early January because she works for a healthcare organization...as an exec in their corporate offices, with no patient contact whatsoever. I'm happy for her, but that's kind of lame.

This was always going to be the problem vaccinating on any other basis than age. Squishy categories and verification issues.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
This was always going to be the problem vaccinating on any other basis than age. Squishy categories and verification issues.

Yup, and just heard of another one from my wife which is even more absurd. Someone she met at work. She has a kid with autism, so both her and her husband got the vaccine because they are "caregivers" for someone. A child, therefore having little susceptibility to COVID, and whose disability is not a co-morbity for COVID. So both parents get vaccinated early. LOL