Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Dose 2 has kicked my butt. I got it 5 hours ago, my arm is already sore, and I feel like I just want to sleep for a week. The "sick eyes" feeling, the tired and burning eyes feeling you get while sick, is extra intense.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Dose 2 has kicked my butt. I got it 5 hours ago, my arm is already sore, and I feel like I just want to sleep for a week. The "sick eyes" feeling, the tired and burning eyes feeling you get while sick, is extra intense.
I'll be getting my second dose of Pfizer tomorrow at 4pm. First dose was just a sore arm for about a day.

Did you ever test positive for COVID, or have antibodies?

While I never tested positive with COVID, I did have COVID antibodies from an antibody test back in September. I'll keep track of any side effects here.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I've never tested positive or had an antibody test.

Last night was rough. Woke up every half hour to hour, body ached so bad. Especially my hips for some reason. Not a good night's sleep, that's for sure.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Pfizer or Moderna?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

There was a lot of suspicion in the medical field that the 2nd dose could be a buttkicker for a lot of people. Will be curious to see how a wide scale beta test of this works out.
My second dose is at the end of the month.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
There was a lot of suspicion in the medical field that the 2nd dose could be a buttkicker for a lot of people. Will be curious to see how a wide scale beta test of this works out.
My second dose is at the end of the month.

This isn't uncommon though from a multi-dose vaccine right? First dose of the HPV vaccine left my arm a little achy, second dose gave a throbbing sensation and felt like it was going to fall off for most of a day.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
This isn't uncommon though from a multi-dose vaccine right? First dose of the HPV vaccine left my arm a little achy, second dose gave a throbbing sensation and felt like it was going to fall off for most of a day.

More the covid like symptoms that Sactoking was mentioning. There was some concern people would feel that second dose pretty hard and legit feel like they got covid.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
More the covid like symptoms that Sactoking was mentioning. There was some concern people would feel that second dose pretty hard and legit feel like they got covid.

Interesting. Will see what my family reports in a couple weeks when they go back.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
My mom got the first round of Pfizer on Thursday, in Oklahoma. I was able to to sign her up on the first day they did them in our county. All 1200 slots were gone in 2 minutes. Lots of older people will need their kids or grand kids to do it for them just so they are quicker at the cybering.

She said the only side effect was local pain at the injection site, about the same as the flu shot.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Just got my mom a slot for Sunday. Pfizer this time. Relieved and really happy to stop combing the internet backwaters of FL. I hate how getting this relies such persistence and the ability to relentlessly scour every lead, it is not fair or reasonable.
Remember, the walls are put up to keep others out.

But this is rationing, much better to do it by making it a PITA than by $$$.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I got my first dose yesterday and it does make your arm a bit more sore than your usual flu one, it feels like someone punched me!

My hospital has gone to hell. I've got a work colleague in ITU thats probably going to die today, there's a few others that are really poorly. There's no staff, tons of really sick patients. It's a nightmare.

I probably won't be posting for awhile.

Stay safe guys.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Remember, the walls are put up to keep others out.

But this is rationing, much better to do it by making it a PITA than by $$$.

I think I'd prefer a straightforward registration system that pulls by lottery of the eligible group instead of the present chaos.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I've never tested positive or had an antibody test.

Last night was rough. Woke up every half hour to hour, body ached so bad. Especially my hips for some reason. Not a good night's sleep, that's for sure.
That happened to me when I had to get some numpogen shots during chemotherapy - I wonder if it’s related to the immune system kicking into overdrive like that. Hope you’re feeling better!

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I think I'd prefer a straightforward registration system that pulls by lottery of the eligible group instead of the present chaos.
That could work. The problem is you get a lot of people who only kind of care and people won't show up. The PITA method makes sure everyone signing up is going to show up.

Once there is enough vaccine, I support first come first serve drive throughs.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
That could work. The problem is you get a lot of people who only kind of care and people won't show up. The PITA method makes sure everyone signing up is going to show up.

Once there is enough vaccine, I support first come first serve drive throughs.

Ideally more selected people could be summoned early if there are no-shows.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Ideally more selected people could be summoned early if there are no-shows.
Yeah.

Hopefully in a few more weeks states will LGE things figured out better. Already seems to be improving some here.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Pfizer - +36 hours for first shot. Soreness in arm in even gone unless I really press on it.

Maybe we need to start specifying which vaccine we received when describing our experience.

Reactions: Captante

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Got my second Pfizer vaccine today at 4:15pm. Slight soreness at the injection site, no other symptoms. Again, I did have COVID antibodies previously, but have never actually tested positive for COVID itself. Will update later.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Got my first dose Monday, but my pursuit of getting an appointment to received dose two, 17 - 21 days per CDC information after the first is going no where.

My county health department, who is the only outlet for normal citizens appears to have no plan in place, or at least keeping it secret. Spent several hours on the phone today only to be told "you and 200,000 other citizens will be competing for 1,000 - 2,000 appointments "when" they receive additional vaccine and re-open their online appointment system. Keep an eye on our website.

That don't fucking cut it, the CDC is pretty clear the window for Pfizer dose two is 17 - 21 days from the first.

The county has fucking ZERO processes in place for those that have received their first dose to schedule the second, and I have been told flat out by health department employees I will have the same chance as any of the other 200,000 citizens in the county of actually booking an appointment.

Sure I get "some" protection from one, they think. Second dose beyond the 21 day window, or only the first dose have not been evaluated. I pretty pissed... to state the obvious.

My phone call did determine some names, and while the person I talked to said she was not allowed to give out phone extensions and emails, that info was easily discovered on the counties website.

I am in the process of composing an email detailing their utter failure, trying to keep it civil, factual, and to the point. CC will include county commissioners, two local print newspapers, and the local TV outlet. I won't send it until I've slept on it, and have sent a draft to my daughter for critique and suggestion. She has experience through her work in dealing with local politicians, as she has made several presentations before council to advocate for issues.

My goal is to tell them they are incompetent idiots, without them realizing I have called them incompetent idiots, but motivate them to come up with a better plan.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I'm about 34 hours into getting my second Pfizer shot. My arm was sore today, but no more than after the first Pfizer shot. No fatigue, fever, etc.

I did have COVID antibodies, so that may be one reason why I never got any real side effects.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Now that I’m recovered from covid and the pneumonia it gave me, I am looking at the vaccine. Texas’ rollout is even worse than I thought.

My county said on Tuesday that residents should signup to get the vaccine Dallas County. Well hell Dallas County had already been taking signups for a week. Not to mention Dallas County is doing it’s own prioritization list with 1B. They aren’t letting anyone in 1B get it right now, just 75+. This is a colossal cluster of epic proportions.