Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I haven't. Haven't been offered. But some already have, and hopefully it won't end there. I guess most will just have to wait a few more weeks until SOMEONE ELSE takes over. And we all know who that SOMEONE ELSE is, now don't we. But I swear, every time... every time a democrat must come along to fix some republican screwup. Every single time!!!!

So, who's had the shot so far?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
My wife got her first round a few weeks ago. I was about 3 seconds too late on the signup at work to get mine yesterday. I'm hoping next week I'll be able to. My employer has secured enough to vaccinate all employees.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I can't even find out any info. The state has released the priorities, but zero details on how/when/where, and the county is the same.

I'm in the 75+, multiple comorbidity issues, and don't have a clue, nor can I find out.

Is/will there be a list?
how does a person get on "the list"?
Appointments? I don't want to go wait with a large group of people also trying to get the vaccine.
will the second dose be reserved, or just "hope" they have enough when you are supposed to get the second dose?

The county health dept has very little on their site. What the state priority levels are.
1a - healthcare, firefighters, EMT's, etc.
1b - me, with the comment "we don't have enough"

I'm in North Carolina

Last edited:
Reactions: sportage

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Be sure to share some location info as well. It will be interesting to see how much geographies/politics plays into things.

Reactions: sportage

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
My county had a survey about vaccine interest and demographics but I didn't find out until the survey had ended ☹️
Hoping i can get it quickly. In generic terms I, along with a ton of other people I'm sure, are "essential" but non-healthcare/frontline workers

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Be sure to share some location info as well. It will be interesting to see how much geographies/politics plays into things.

I'm in Oregon and it's still a shit show. We don't have a lot of guidance yet at a state level so my employer just said "Ok, until this is figured out we're taking care of our own".

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I received mine on December 22nd, but I'm also an ED RN so I'm at the front of the line. Had a little tenderness at the injection site for about a day. No other symptoms, but I've also tested positive for COVID antibodies back in September, so your mileage may vary.

Atlanta Georgia.

Reactions: jman19
Nov 8, 2012
Last I heard so many front-line workers were refusing the vaccine that states are dumbfounded as to how to go to the next stage of distribution.

Anyhow, both me and the wife work from home daily - I have zero reason to try and get one until it's easily and readily available.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Last I heard so many front-line workers were refusing the vaccine that states are dumbfounded as to how to go to the next stage of distribution.

Anyhow, both me and the wife work from home daily - I have zero reason to try and get one until it's easily and readily available.

I'm mostly the same, but if my employer is tired of waiting for the state to figure out a priority model and wants to take care of all its staff then I won't say no.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The way things are going now I won't see a needle until late this year. Presently busy monitoring Eventbrite like a predator drone to secure doses for my 95 year old grandfather and 74 year old mother in FL...

Good job America.

Reactions: Pohemi and Muse

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I've been to work and a critical worker every day so far, but that was mostly my employer probably greasing palms so they could remain open making money. To that end I have no idea when I'll get the shot, I'm 52 and in excellent health. They'll probably give it to the people working from home first for some reason. We have had covid go through and take out (but not kill) a bunch of workers, and now it's just down to a few random workers being gone on any given day.

My wife is a vet and has her own business, but she is attached to my health insurance so I'm sure she'll get hers when I get mine.

Edit: we would both get the vaccine ASAP if we could.

Reactions: Muse

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
I am 1b eligible in Texas but who knows when they will have enough that I can get one.

doesn’t much matter right now. I am currently battling Covid. On day 10 of my battle with Covid pneumonia. Starting to improve after getting treatment at the ER.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I am 1b eligible in Texas but who knows when they will have enough that I can get one.

doesn’t much matter right now. I am currently battling Covid. On day 10 of my battle with Covid pneumonia. Starting to improve after getting treatment at the ER.
Damn man hope you recover quickly and fully with no long-term effects
A friend of mine just got it. Her mom had it and quarantined. Dad later got it but didn't tell anyone, and passed it on to her.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

Here's hoping the rest of your recovery is smooth sailing and there are no lingering effects.

Reactions: Pohemi and Muse
Nov 8, 2012
I'm mostly the same, but if my employer is tired of waiting for the state to figure out a priority model and wants to take care of all its staff then I won't say no.

Good for them, better than letting them go past the expiration day like I've heard is happening.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
All the Docs in my family got theirs. Dad is getting his Friday (over 75). Mom wanted to get it before flying cross country but hasn’t been scheduled yet.

I’m told that you should call hospital-affiliated or larger health network clinics after 4pm or so and find out if they have any doses left (once thawed vaccine is use it or lose it.) Seems in NC, some clinics are opening up to anyone who wants it when they have thawed vials leftover (and they will then schedule your 2nd dose.)

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
My husband's doctor's office called yesterday and said they were getting some doses and, since he had heart surgery this summer which included the implantation of a pacemaker, he was eligible to get one Thurs. He asked about me (I have a different primary care physician but one who is part of the same hospital-affiliated practice) and they said they would check. Several hours later they called back and said I could come at the same time.

This morning they called and said the doses were arriving sooner than expected and could we come in tomorrow instead. Yes, indeedy we can.

I'll come back with reports if there are any side effects.

Tallahassee, FL

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
All the Docs in my family got theirs. Dad is getting his Friday (over 75). Mom wanted to get it before flying cross country but hasn’t been scheduled yet.

I’m told that you should call hospital-affiliated or larger health network clinics after 4pm or so and find out if they have any doses left (once thawed vaccine is use it or lose it.) Seems in NC, some clinics are opening up to anyone who wants it when they have thawed vials leftover (and they will then schedule your 2nd dose.)

That's pretty smart on both ends. Better to get the vaccine in the general population, even if it's not optimal usage of a limited resource, than let it go to waste

Reactions: Pohemi

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I can't even find out any info. The state has released the priorities, but zero details on how/when/where, and the county is the same.

I'm in the 75+, multiple comorbidity issues, and don't have a clue, nor can I find out.

Is/will there be a list?
how does a person get on "the list"?
Appointments? I don't want to go wait with a large group of people also trying to get the vaccine.
will the second dose be reserved, or just "hope" they have enough when you are supposed to get the second dose?

The county health dept has very little on their site. What the state priority levels are.
1a - healthcare, firefighters, EMT's, etc.
1b - me, with the comment "we don't have enough"

I'm in North Carolina
My situation is very similar to yours except I don't have other known comorbidities. California. Phase 1b. My HMO is supposed to contact me when it's time, says my doctor. My HMO is the best rated HMO around (Kaiser Permanente), they presumably have some vaccine they are administering to Phase 1a people now, but I'm not hearing about it. One of their hospitals about 42 miles away (San Jose) just had an outbreak of over 40 staff members contracting covid in the last few days. Speculatively they're blaming it on a hospital partier who wore a Christmas tree costume that was filled out by a fan induced wind from inside, spreading the germs... the person in the costume presumably had tested negative. :(

A lot depends on the supply and the administration. I figure anywhere from March to June, possibly later. It's a "who knows" situation. Based on posts I'm seeing here maybe I should continue to inquire, even pester them, maybe I'd get some use it or lose it vaccine. I'm OK, though. SIP is no giant problem for me, but it does get old! I'd rather get it than it go to waste!

Last edited:

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I have spent the morning scouring the county health websites, and on the phone, called the number listed for COVID information, and the only thing I have learned is that nobody knows a damn thing. The most intelligent person I talked to, didn't know if there was a list, or if they even had vaccine to administer.

It was my hope that despite Trump's complete incompetence, that once UPS/FEDEX actually delivered the vaccine to the state/county things would be better. Well shit in one hand and hope in the other and see which one fill first.

Nearby counties are making a list, advising dates they will be available, and even giving vaccines to the 75+ crowd.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I have spent the morning scouring the county health websites, and on the phone, called the number listed for COVID information, and the only thing I have learned is that nobody knows a damn thing. The most intelligent person I talked to, didn't know if there was a list, or if they even had vaccine to administer.

It was my hope that despite Trump's complete incompetence, that once UPS/FEDEX actually delivered the vaccine to the state/county things would be better. Well shit in one hand and hope in the other and see which one fill first.

Nearby counties are making a list, advising dates they will be available, and even giving vaccines to the 75+ crowd.
Keep after it, you'll find out!

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Here's hoping the rest of your recovery is smooth sailing and there are no lingering effects.

thankfully i didn’t have crushed glass opacity or blood clots.

I have essentially hit my max out of pocket with that 8 hour ER visit. I’m just thankful it only took me 30 minutes to get back into treatment. Also don’t have enough days so I’ll be docked my daily rate Thursday and Friday or this week. Dr thinks I should be able to be back to work on Monday. So yeah my total costs are going to be $6-7k but had I not gone in when I did I probably would have had to of been hospitalized.

Now that I am at max out of pocket, I’ll probably go ahead and get my gall bladder removed over summer.