Have you ever slept through an Exam?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Well, I just did. Damn, I hope my professor lets me take it with another one of his classes :(

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Well, I just did. Damn, I hope my professor lets me take it with another one of his classes :(

Wow.. how could you do somthing like that?

If it's that important I set 2 alarms and even then set them way early!

MeanMeosh

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001
oh, i've done that before =/

talk to the prof, they're usually pretty nice about it and will work with you to fix the problem

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I have 3 :( THe exam was at 8am this morning, I set my alarms for 6:30am. I don't remember turning the first two off, I just remember hitting my snooze button a couple times and then turning it off. I started rationalizing in my head to just sit in bed for just one second and then I owuld get up, but that never happened. Hmm, I wonder if my professor is still at the college :(

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
Yep! Didn't pass the class too, it was the easiest exam of the term, I studied too much and slept through my alarm.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
Yeah. It's even worse when you show up and *still* sleep through the exam.

MeanMeosh

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: xirtam

lol, the worst i've done is take catnaps through a 3 hour final, but i meant to do that...

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
Originally posted by: MeanMeosh
Originally posted by: xirtam

lol, the worst i've done is take catnaps through a 3 hour final, but i meant to do that...

I fell asleep after I finished the English portion of the ACT and didn't wake up until Math was almost over.

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
I dozed off DURING an exam once in HS. Worse still, my assigned seat was right in front of the teacher, who was this dragon lady with a Ph.D. :eek:

Oh yeah--forgot something--I drooled onto the exam.

monk3y

Lifer
Jun 12, 2001
Always make sure I have 2 alarms set and then I tell my gf to wake me up too hehe.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Yes final year university I slept through a midterm - I thought it was on a different day and I skipped that class sometimes. I told the prof I was sick. I couldn't get a doctor's note but he let me retake it and I think dinged me like 5% or something.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
yeah...my first quarter of college. I didn't go talk to the prof until i found the incomplete on my report card. I talked to him, took the final a week into the next quarter, and ended up with a C in the class (by my count i would have been lucky to get a D in the class and i didn't study a second for the final).

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Yep I have done it twice. Once it was a midterm that I didn't know i had the other time it was a final, they let me write it anyways though.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Alright, well, what should my excuse be?!?! I'm not very creative :p

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Alright, well, what should my excuse be?!?! I'm not very creative :p

DON'T use the "I was busy sleeping with your wife excuse". It doesn't work.

I've successfully dispensed helpful information today! :D

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
I havent done it but ive come close. my problim is that someone coudl be cutting wood with a chain saw in my room and id sleep through it. alarms are more or less useless to me. one day it was going off. for 3 staright hours and i didnt get up or even hit snooze. I have an alarm that get progressivly louder also. and thsi was after about 16 hours of sleep.

more or less if my body dosent want me to get up im not going to

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
one day it was going off. for 3 staright hours and i didnt get up or even hit snooze

Good LAWD, your alarm clock must be on steroids or something...every clock I've come across shuts off after an hour or so. I'd hate to be your roommate :)

Professors are usually (though not always) willing to work with you about making up the final. It helps a LOT if you've actually been to class and have done well on past tests, as it then looks like you care about the grade and are interested in the material. But worst case scenario, he/she says no...never hurts to ask.

As for which excuse: I'd just break out the honesty in a humble way.