Have the mods ever attended an AT meet?

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
I've been browsing over past AT meets and I've never seen Anandtech Moderator. Why don't they attend the meets? Is it out of fear for their personal safety or something?

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: fatbaby
I've been browsing over past AT meets and I've never seen Anandtech Moderator. Why don't they attend the meets? Is it out of fear for their personal safety or something?

LMAO.. i picture the mods as robots though.. it would be funny to see them at a meet.. possibly banning people :p :p

-Bubbadu

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
If they were there, they werent going to come with their mod caps on. They would just come as their public persona

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Yea they have.... Check out a PIC i got of em at the last one...

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Mods are like agents in the Matrix... they can become anyone at anytime. You never know when your average forum dweller is actually a Mod.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
i picture the wizard from the triumph at starwars eps 2 opening video:)
For some reason that wizard guy makes me think of Brandon (NFS4)

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I still have a screencap somewhere of the time some pissed off banned member came back and posted a list of alleged moderators. Even assuming it was a correct list, it didn't really surprise me to see certain names on there.

Did I mention that I forgot all the names and lost the list to a freak hard drive head crash? Yes, I did. Really. :D

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
If you've been here for more than a year, and have posted some things that got immediate responses, you know who the mods are. I can name at least six off the top of my head. No, I'm not sharing, b/c...well, just b/c. Get your own private bulldog, dammit!

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: MichaelD
If you've been here for more than a year, and have posted some things that got immediate responses, you know who the mods are. I can name at least six off the top of my head. No, I'm not sharing, b/c...well, just b/c. Get your own private bulldog, dammit!

well lets see theres the mean mod... and the motherator... and the fun mod...

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001

So wait... the mods are really just normal members.. aka RossMAN.. that just seems really odd... i pictured the mod as a single person... hmmmm

-Bubadu

Oct 9, 1999
Yes we have had a moderator in one of our So.cal meets..

I wont say who.. but i know he is a mod despite we had fun.. poking fun at other mods.

and no, only a few ppl there knew he was a mod, rest didnt even know.. I was one of the lucky few who had guessed it.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: bubbadu

So wait... the mods are really just normal members.. aka RossMAN.. that just seems really odd... i pictured the mod as a single person... hmmmm

-Bubadu

Well, let's see here. Anyone that has a unique title...check. Anyone that goes to the same college that the boss does...check. Anyone currently affilated with AT's ISP...check. I guess I should stop now.

Oh yeah, and then there's the folks with multiple logins, but the same IP addy. Interesting....

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac
I still have a screencap somewhere of the time some pissed off banned member came back and posted a list of alleged moderators. Even assuming it was a correct list, it didn't really surprise me to see certain names on there.

Did I mention that I forgot all the names and lost the list to a freak hard drive head crash? Yes, I did. Really. :D

I think I was on that list, yet I've been temporarily banned twice...

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac

I didn't know being a mod was such a secret operation around here. The way you said it sounds like keeping their anonimity (sp) is national security.

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
Originally posted by: wfbberzerker
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: MacGaven
SnapIT is a mod.

I always suspected but know how I have proof.

nah, he gets yelled at by the mods too much.

Ever see one Mod ban another, just to allay suspicion? Hang out...you will, eventually.

in order to see one mod ban another, you would have to know the identity of said mod... and lived to tell about it. *accusatory looks*