Have any of you seen, or experienced a Hang Nail?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mosdef

Banned
May 14, 2000
whoa you made it sound like she had another nail growing out over her first one! that would be reaal gross!

-mosdef

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
no, but it was jutting right under neath her main nail. it was GROSS!!! Made it looked like she had a claw!

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
sciencewhiz,

Did dennilfloss give you that line about thermal stress too? I turn off my computer during the night...2 7000RPM fans, and 2 Y.S. Tech 60MM are too loud for me to sleep when on.

Paul

Sephiroth_IX

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999
I sometimes get a piece of skin sticking out from near the cuticle that i thought was a hangnail... Its most likely because i bite my nails, though.

ZeroBurn

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2000
that's just pretty damn nasty whatever it is ;) i'd hate to be the doctor that has to cure those pains, ugh

how are you supposed to get rid of an ingrown nail then? if it grows out then it sticks into you and hurts like a bitch i assume, and if you keep cutting it short you're just prolonging the prob

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
For ingrown toenails, they just cut the nail again as temporary relief. To perminantly fix them, this is the procedure I got:

a) toe gets numbed (first cold spray to numb the skin, then injection of anesthetic to numb the side of the toe for a while)
b) the area of the nail in question is removed, then they apply some sort of chemical to the base of the nail at that location to prevent that part from growing in again.
c) Problem solved

VisionsUCI

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2000
hahaha... yah, thats sick. its quite an interesting thread too. i'd say cut it off.. if you pull on it, it'll bleed. yuck!