Has the topic of gun control ground to a halt

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
After watching the news for the past few weeks I have come to the conclusion gun control is a dead horse.

The head of Bloomberg mayors against gun violence is stepping down.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...l-Bloomberg-s-Gun-Control-Group-Stepping-Down

For those who look at MAIG as a failing organization because of its inability to beat the NRA, Glaze said: "People who thought that you were going to win the hardest public policy fight there is overnight and defeat the toughest special interest were kidding themselves."

Democrats ask bloomberg to move away from gun control,

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/at-democrats-request-even-mike-bloomberg-is-giving-up-on-gun-control/

Obama and feinstein were unable to get any kind of new gun control passed after sandy hook.

Supreme court has issued two pro-gun decisions.

Companies are moving out of anti-gun states and taking thousands of jobs and tax dollars with them.

BLM cattle roundup showed the American public why the people should have guns.

After the fedex shooting in Georgia liberal sites such as huffpost were silent on gun control.

What tells me the topic of gun control is over is when liberal sites like huffpost and motherjones are silent after a shooting. After Sandy Hook huffpost and motherjones were running article after article in favor of gun control. Now, they are silent.

Has CNN anti-gun policy caught up with it? CNN ratings are in the trash. Since the late 1980s early 1990s they had an anti-gun policy. I wonder if other news agencies are staying away from anti-gun articles in fear of losing viewers and readers.

After the aurora and sandy hook shooting every liberal news agency and elected politician jumped on the gun control boat. Even with fresh blood gun hating liberals were unable to get any kind of new gun control laws passed. Not only were new laws not passed, they were not even a serious consideration.

It seems to me that the news sites that pushed gun control after sandy hook and the aurora colorado shooting are paying the price for their liberal agenda.

2014 mid-terms, the time when I thought democrats would be talking about gun control, the topic is not even an issue.

Last edited:

SaurusX

Nov 13, 2012
The best thing to do right now is a buy a few AR-15 lower receivers. They are dirt cheap. Best to have them and not need them yadda, yadda, yadda...

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
No, it's just on pause until the next major incident occurs.

If sandy hook and aurora colorado were not major enough to get new gun laws passed, what will?

Then there is the civil disobedience in the states were new gun control laws were passed.

Magpul is producing so many magazines 30 round Pmags are at rock bottom prices. Gen 2 Pmags are less than $10. Windowed 30 round Pmags are $11 - $12.

30 round aluminum AR-15 magazines go on sale for less than $8 each.

I have not seen prices this low in years. Which means people can afford to stockpile. Even if gun control is passed, there are so many magazines out there it would be impossible to round them up or regulate them.

Last edited:

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
I was surprised that there was no mention of gun control after the Atlanta incident. This may have been because no victims died and this is counter to the idea that every shooting is a massacre. This was a tragic event; however, we have had many stabbings with a larger death toll than Atlanta.
Gun control advocates are still reeling from the lack of gun control initiatives passed after Sandy Hook. People are also tired of Bloomberg and his ban everything mentality.
Since 100% of these high-profile shootings have been caused by crazy people, I think more people are getting the message that its a mental health issue and not a gun issue.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
That Bloomberg organization made a facebook page. They couldnt had made it look more like a parody site if they tried. Think of all the good Bloomberg could do with that 50 million instead of using it to make fun of himself.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
If sandy hook and aurora colorado were not major enough to get new gun laws passed, what will?

Then there is the civil disobedience in the states were new gun control laws were passed.

Magpul is producing so many magazines 30 round Pmags are at rock bottom prices. Gen 2 Pmags are less than $10. Windowed 30 round Pmags are $11 - $12.

30 round aluminum AR-15 magazines go on sale for less than $8 each.

I have not seen prices this low in years. Which means people can afford to stockpile. Even if gun control is passed, there are so many magazines out there it would be impossible to round them up or regulate them.

As usual a bunch of ramblings over nothing.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I was surprised that there was no mention of gun control after the Atlanta incident. This may have been because no victims died and this is counter to the idea that every shooting is a massacre. This was a tragic event; however, we have had many stabbings with a larger death toll than Atlanta.

The Arapahoe new mexico shooting was ignored by the media. I think because a teacher retrieved his own personal handgun and confronted the shooter.

The armed good guy stopping a bad guy does not fit into the anti-gun policy of the left.

People know the media is biased. Their biased has helped defeat their own policy.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Texas, don't go spending your money on these discounts.
Buy yourself more chickens, and some new hiking boots.
Your extra time with the chickens and hiking will make you a far happier man

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Texas, don't go spending your money on these discounts.
Buy yourself more chickens, and some new hiking boots.
Your extra time with the chickens and hiking will make you a far happier man

Agreed, but while prices are low I should stock up for the zombie invasion.

My wife and I got two roosters with this years batch of chicks. Hopefully buying chicks will be a thing of the past.

We need a new chicken house and are probably going to start on that next week. The current house was built for around a dozen hens and we current have around 30.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
@ TH: The Sandy Hook thing did get gun control stuff passed here in CT. Within 1 year, I wasn't allowed to purchase mags that held greater than 10 rounds, effectively banning all full sized pistols and ARs, unless you made mods to the mags themselves.

The only time I can carry 10+ on me is in my own home/business, or at the range. Granted, that's generally fine in that I don't normally CC my full size 9mm, I'd still like the freedom to do so. And now I can't even have the option of buying an AR-15, even though I never really planned on it. It's really a load of crap.

Edit: Actually I can purchase a full size pistol, I just have to crimp down the mag to only hold 10 if I am going to carry in public. But ARs were downright banned, unless purchased before April 30, 2013.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Agreed, but while prices are low I should stock up for the zombie invasion.

My wife and I got two roosters with this years batch of chicks. Hopefully buying chicks will be a thing of the past.

We need a new chicken house and are probably going to start on that next week. The current house was built for around a dozen hens and we current have around 30.

The zombies are already here, your best defense against them is what they crave.
When your brain is busy with chickens, the zombies won't even pick up your scent

JManInPhoenix

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2013
Has CNN anti-gun policy caught up with it? CNN ratings are in the trash. Since the late 1980s early 1990s they had an anti-gun policy. I wonder if other news agencies are staying away from anti-gun articles in fear of losing viewers and readers.

Every time I have flipped by CNN it has been about the missing airliner. I doubt they have any other stories on there anymore.

Apr 27, 2012
The gun control supporters don't have any arguments and just spout the usual BS but they will be back when another mass shooting happens.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
CNN hasnt been real news in at least 6 years, probably longer.

They wait for other agencies to clamp on a story and then they milk it to death. Its a business, not journalism.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
CNN is becoming a joke. When vehemently anti-gun California state senator Leland Yee got busted for... firearms trafficking (you can't make this stuff up), it took CNN more than two weeks to even mention it, and even then they only ran the story for part of a day.

Apr 27, 2012
CNN is becoming a joke. When vehemently anti-gun California state senator Leland Yee got busted for... firearms trafficking (you can't make this stuff up), it took CNN more than two weeks to even mention it, and even then they only ran the story for part of a day.

CNN is a joke. They aren't real news especially with their coverage recently.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
The topic of gun control is probably going to be huge in NY during the next election. There are a LOT of people in upstate NY who are very dissatisfied with the SAFE act. Just a hunch, but I think it's going to result in much larger numbers of people going to the polls than would otherwise be expected.