Has the NAACP gone too far?!?

cfredc

Jul 19, 2000
Taking from the thread on the death of a rake guy.... i believe that the NAACP has gone too far on somethings... everything they see that affects the black person from a white person is considered racism... when will they stop doing this and figure out that not every white guy is a racist... plus, what are they doing to further the treatment of other colored people... i remember when the NAACP called for a boycott on TV networks because of the lack of color (specifically black) in their programming... what happened to the asians or mexicans?... the NAACP dropped the boycott once they saw more black on the screen... ahh... on a side note... the ACLU is becoming like this too

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
dont know if this is the exact name, but its "national association for the advancement of colored people" or something close to that.

Warrenton

Banned
Aug 7, 2000
yep you are correct.

NAMBLA is North American Man/Boy Love Association

Basically its a group that encourages pedophilia and incest, and the legalization of such.

Cruisin1

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
OMG! That organization is REAL?! I thought it was just a sick joke on South Park... okay that's fsked up!

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
One ain't mich better than the other....;) and it's the NAALCP!
National Association for the Advancement of LIBERAL Colored People! Unless you are a Liberal, they could care less what happens to you!

NAMBLA is not only real, but is near mainstream in California. Only the Christian Right stopped them from LEGALLY using Public Buildings for their meetings! That was over 8 years ago.

Their motto :"Sex before eight, or it's too late." No I'm not kidding....

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000

<< when will they stop doing this and figure out that not every white guy is a racist >>

When have the insinuated that every white person is a racist?

403Forbidden

Banned
May 4, 2000
NAMBLA is FAR from &quot;mainstream&quot; in California...puhleeze. And don't make it seem like it was only the Christian right that stopped them. More like the Christian right was cheerleading.

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
The NAACP should be leading the civil rights movement, but instead they're whining and squabbling. They do their best to find (or create) racism in the simplest of situations.

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
The NAACP always goes to far, just like Jesse Jackson. They both seem to condemn racism, but in my eyes, they appear to be racist.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
The NAACP has gone too far. On the same note, In my school once a teacher (who was black) said that on the show Spin City, ABC was filling their requirement of diversity by making the black person gay as well. (He totally overlooked the part that the actor plays the role amazing)

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
SUO: Good idea. I'm colored -- I'm not white, sorta peach colored.

NAACP has gone too far and is used as a bludgeon in many cases. Jesse Jackson has not worked a job in his entire life, and I really don't think he has any connection with the people he supposedly represents. His antics in Chicago (the rioting students who were expelled) only reinforced my opinion of him. I've also wondered about the limitation of the NAACP to blacks, which I find interesting.

What I despise is the double standard that exists in the media. If a white man/men attacks a black man, it's instantly racist. But, as was the case most notably in Nashville a few years back, if a group of black punks attacks and puts a white man in a coma, they don't mention the race of the people involved. Talk about perpetuating the problem.

Stosh

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
There really is a double standard when it comes to hate crimes. As Andrew stated, near where I live, a black man yelled something racist, then proceeded to stab an eight year old white boy to death. There was no other motive for this murder. They still refuse to call it racist, or a hate crime...because the perpetrator was black, and the victim was white...

BTW, I tend to refer to it as the NAASCP. The National Association for the Advancement of Some Colored People.

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
WTF STOSH, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!

I CANT BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE WOULD LET A LITTLE KID GET STABBED! THAT PISSES ME THE HELL OF :|

i cant imagine being stabbed, i literally feel week just thinking if someone stabbed me and i wasnt doing anythign

imhotepmp

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
NAMBLA

I usually dont post on these the of threads,

NAMBLA

Now thats some sick sh!t. How can a organization like that be legal. Last time I checked being a pedophile is illegal, and an organinztion which promotes this type of activity, should be as well? Can there anything be done? Are they heavily monitored? I would hope so.

Sorry to go OT, but this news just sickened me.

imhotepmp

CyberSax

Banned
Mar 12, 2000
There was a fiasco at the prestigious Bronx High School of Science involving NAMBLA a couple of years ago. Apparently one of the teachers there is an outspoken member of NAMBLA, and claims to be a &quot;non-practicing pedophile&quot;. Anyways... Some parents in NYC voiced concern and asked that this man be asked to step down (getting a pedophile away from kids, makes sense to me). But then this guy had the ACLU file a lawsuit on his behalf or something, and I believe he is still teaching there.

I wouldn't take his class though :Q

brandc

Nov 28, 1999
[L]http://www.frontpagemag.com/archives/pi_crimes/shifflett_editorial.htm[/L]
[L]http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/dh/2000/david07-13-00.htm[/L]

cfredc

Jul 19, 2000
I think that the double standard in the press will keep on continuing as long as there is a NAACP... i mean, the advancement of colored (black only??) people have gone very very far from what it used to be... yes there are still outbreaks of race-related problems, but they can be handled by regular lawyers... i dont want to sound racist, but there are too many lobbying groups right now and NAACP is just another one to further its own agenda of getting an america that is 25% white, 25% black, 20% asian, 25% mexican, and 5% of the arabs and other cultures the NAACP evidently deems to be non-exsistent

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I'm not sure if anyone caught on to my cynicism about joining the NAACP. As a former chapter president (in theory), I encourage everyone hear to drop in the next meeting and be apart of the solution and not someone standing and yelling from the sidelines.

As far as the Shifflett case goes, the guilty party should get whatever form of crimnal punishment than can be levied on him. I remember hearing this on the radio moments after it happened. I mean, it was in broad daylight and the victim was a child. To me, that shows no regard for human life regardless of race. That doesn't mean I wish such a horror would have happened at night to any adult.

I will admit that I was unaware of the racial hate evidence mentioned in one of the link. Hate crime or no, the heaviest penalty should be used.

-SUO

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
I haven't read anything except the original post...

But, on another note, not related at all to this post...a former head of NAACP made some disparaging remarks about Jews, very racist remarks. Fortunately the guy that can hire and fire (CEO, President? I dunno...) people fired him the VERY NEXT day citing that what he said about Jews is exactly what he doesn't want people saying about blacks so the guy was acting like a hypocrite. When asked to comment, the ex-NAACP employee didn't apologize for his remarks but instead said that he should have just directed what he said to Joe Lieberman rather than the general Jewish population. I just thought this was an ironic story about the NAACP...however, it had absolutely nothing to do with this post so...i dunno why i posted it. :p