Has Foxnews just given up even pretending?

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I've noticed over the last several days a regular showing now at foxnews.com

Under the main heading there is a "bias alert" and here Foxnews simply takes pot shots at various sites and people that are, or appear to be to Fox, taking a disproportionately pro-obama or anti-romney view. Of course, it's never the other way around. It seems like fox is totally ok being a shill for Romney and not pretending otherwise.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Under the main heading there is a "bias alert" and here Foxnews simply takes pot shots at various sites and people that are, or appear to be to Fox, taking a disproportionately pro-obama or anti-romney view. Of course, it's never the other way around. It seems like fox is totally ok being a shill for Romney and not pretending otherwise.

I don't rally think anything has changed. It's as it has always been. I would think only that you have gotten a lot smarter. But I could be wrong, I mean naturally, that Fox may have ceased pretending. A number of your posts tell me I may have gotten smarter about you, or, well, you know, you have gotten smarter.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Yeah, I've noticed those BIAS alerts too. What's sad is that they make almost no attempt to qualify these headline pieces on their normal everyday Foxnews.com site as opinion, even though they are exclusively all opinion.

Pretty sad.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It will be telling how much airplay the Bloomberg endorsment gets. They had no problems headlining it when the Mayor told the President not to show up.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
How many "FOX NEWS" threads do we need every week? I swear you kids just can't get enough whining in about them. Here's a clue - change the channel. There are plenty of stations that slant the other way for you to choose from.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
How many "FOX NEWS" threads do we need every week? I swear you kids just can't get enough whining in about them. Here's a clue - change the channel. There are plenty of stations that slant the other way for you to choose from.

How many posts do we need every week bitching about the number of Fox News threads? I swear you kids just can't get enough whining in. Here's a clue, don't go in them. There are plenty of other threads that slant the other way for you to choose from

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
BTW - tuned into the first 10min of Billo. I'll sum it up...

BLAME THE MEDIA
BLAME THE MEDIA
BLAME THE MEDIA
BLAME THE MEDIA
BLAME THE MEDIA
BLAME THE MEDIA

because the current news is good for the President

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
I was actually thinking the same thing. They had a headline earlier that read something like:

'Obama: I will appoint Sec of Business
Romney: [I forget what Romney said]'

But one of Romney's words was italicized, giving it emphasis and making it sound like a great comeback. This was their main headline. It was obvious they weren't even trying.

Then again they never really do try to hide their bias.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
FoxNews appreciates support from the left, the ratings enhanced by these viewers help them secure top dollar sponsors and advertising.

Even Jesus hung out with whores and prostitutes to get his message out.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I was actually thinking the same thing. They had a headline earlier that read something like:

'Obama: I will appoint Sec of Business
Romney: [I forget what Romney said]'

But one of Romney's words was italicized, giving it emphasis and making it sound like a great comeback. This was their main headline. It was obvious they weren't even trying.

Then again they never really do try to hide their bias.
I saw that. Romney said something like "I the president will bring in business" in response to Obama appointing a secretary to bring it in.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I watched Fox's return coverage on 2004 election day. It was pretty funny--At one point when they were counting the called states and extrapolating out red states that Bush needed from that point forward, Britt Hume blurted out: "So we need [5] more to pull this off?"

:D

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
> 'Obama: I will appoint Sec of Business
> Romney: [I forget what Romney said]'

I saw that. Romney said something like "I the president will bring in business" in response to Obama appointing a secretary to bring it in.

In other words, Romney is promising to neglect his actual job of President to act as a SoB .... ;)

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
The only reason to watch Faux News is to get an understanding of the current Republican talking point propaganda.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Foxnews continues now with this section, it's been in the same location for days, but continually updated with pro-Romney attacks on other media bias. Is there any other major news prg as blatant with its support of a candidate? MSNBC is pretty shameful, to be sure, but at least they are not quite as overt.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Fox is exactly the same as all the other "news" networks. The only difference is the particular party they are endorsing.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011

Why should FOX pretend? The other so called "news" networks don't even try to pretend they are advocates for the Zero.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Fox is exactly the same as all the other "news" networks. The only difference is the particular party they are endorsing.

Please point me toward the other networks "bias alerts" that they now run regularly? Your false equivalency doesn't stand at even the most basic observation.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007

None of them is as extremely slanted as Fox News, and another difference is that Fox viewers don't think it even IS biased.

Bias alerts from Fox News? A person has to be ridiculously stupid to be watching a blatantly biased station's "bias alerts".

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
lol people bitch about fox but give other channels a pass. though i guess no suprise here. Fox is the only one slanted to the GOP.

do they pretend nope. i guess if that is all you care about shrug.