Has anyone seen this?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: soccerballtux
I'm copying part of a chain-e-mail I received today. It's not hard to see why people are so fired up about this:

Just Some of What Defines Barack Obama:

A. He voted for partial birth abortion.
A. He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions.
A. Supports affirmative action in Colleges and Government (quotas)..
A. In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing as being too severe.
A. Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as minimum wage affair.
A. Admitted his use of marijuana and cocaine in high school and in college.
A. His religious convictions are very murky.
A. He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
A. Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to have a conference with all Muslim Nations
A. First bill he signed that was ever passed was campaign finance reform.
A. Voted to allow law suits against gun manufacturers.
A. Supports universal health-care.
A. Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
A. Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.
A. Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform.
A. Voted yes on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security.
A. Wants to make the minimum wage a 'living wage'.
A. Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes. (241 votes Demo, 10 votes Republican)
A. Is a big believer in the separation of church and state.
A. Opposed to any efforts to Privatize Social Security and instead supports increasing the amount of tax paid into Soc. Sec. Tax Increase.
A. He voted No on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax which now hits middle income brackets.
A.. He voted No on repealing the 'Death' Tax. Tax Increase.
A. He wants to raise the Capital Gains Tax. Tax Increase.
A. Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded...until it succeeded and said our troops were doing a good job.
A. He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Senate today and that takes some doing.

:roll:

boredhokie

May 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Specop 007
Originally posted by: umbrella39
My God, I really think some of these people think that UBL and BHO is the same person. Quite frankly, these people are scary.

Whats the difference? They both want to destroy America as we know it. One with weapons, one with taxes, social programs and wealth redistribution.

Unlike Bush? Taxes are sky high, social programs have NOT been cut in the past 8 years (if anything the bullshit religious extremists have been given a ton of money) and I would call a 800 billion dollar bailout that Bush sucked off Manhattan for a pretty good example of wealth distribution. The same thing is happening in Russia - the government keeps the Muscovites happy at the expense of the rest of the country.

McCain is a warmed over corpse and his VP is a Christian version of the taliban, but since they have an R next to their name people like Specop will vote for them just like he roots for his home football team.

I don't have any interest in Obama as a candidate, but I'm voting for him because he isn't part of the Baby Boomer Generation, which is a good enough reason for anybody.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
So glad I grew up and live in CA, those people in the video are fucking disgusting.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
"I have nothing better to do but piss my life away yelling inane things at people across a street, about someone I've never met, who ultimately doesn't care about me beyond my one vote!"

I have to give my brain CPR or something. Several pockets of neurons are going on strike now, citing poor working conditions, and there have been a few riots.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Pretty good stuff. I assume that a minority of the crowd are doing this and would hope that some of the crowd if not most are embarrassed to be in that group. Let's not forget, though, that we're only different than other savages in recent times by our upbringing and culture. Inside we're still the same ignorant, hateful and fearful humans. Picture some of these people committing atrocities in another country. It's not hard, is it?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Originally posted by: ironwing
My God, I really think some of these people think that UBL and BHO is the same person. Quite frankly, these people are scary.

Whats the difference? They both want to destroy America as we know it. One with weapons, one with taxes, social programs and wealth redistribution.

Obama loves everybody. Even you.
I think not. Some quotes from one of his books.

From Dreams from My Father :

'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

Anyone here feel outrage in reading these statements? Anyone appaled at such bigotry? Please let us know your thoughts regarding these words.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: boomerang

From Dreams of My Father :

'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

Anyone here feel outrage in reading these statements? Anyone appaled at such bigotry? Please let us know your thoughts regarding these words.
LOL,he was 13.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

LOL,he was 13.
Good point. I'm sure he's embraced the white ways now. BTW, he was 34 when he wrote the book.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

LOL,he was 13.
Good point. I'm sure he's embraced the white ways now. BTW, he was 34 when he wrote the book.

You are an ignorant ass who can't begin to understand the very precocious words of a thirty four year old reflecting on a thirteen year old biracial person coming to terms with the reality of racism and race. Those words show not only a profound and honest understanding of self, they show maturity of emotional evolution. Such words could be uttered only by somebody with wisdom and self respect. That you don't see this tells me you are an ignorant pig.

"I'm sure he's embraced the white ways now." What a putz you are.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: soccerballtux
I'm copying part of a chain-e-mail I received today. It's not hard to see why people are so fired up about this:

Just Some of What Defines Barack Obama:

A. He voted for partial birth abortion.
A. He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions.
A. Supports affirmative action in Colleges and Government (quotas)..
A. In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing as being too severe.
A. Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as minimum wage affair.
A. Admitted his use of marijuana and cocaine in high school and in college.
A. His religious convictions are very murky.
A. He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
A. Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to have a conference with all Muslim Nations
A. First bill he signed that was ever passed was campaign finance reform.
A. Voted to allow law suits against gun manufacturers.
A. Supports universal health-care.
A. Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
A. Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.
A. Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform.
A. Voted yes on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security.
A. Wants to make the minimum wage a 'living wage'.
A. Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes. (241 votes Demo, 10 votes Republican)
A. Is a big believer in the separation of church and state.
A. Opposed to any efforts to Privatize Social Security and instead supports increasing the amount of tax paid into Soc. Sec. Tax Increase.
A. He voted No on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax which now hits middle income brackets.
A.. He voted No on repealing the 'Death' Tax. Tax Increase.
A. He wants to raise the Capital Gains Tax. Tax Increase.
A. Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded...until it succeeded and said our troops were doing a good job.
A. He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Senate today and that takes some doing.

Ignoring the bizarre rightwing descriptors, it looks like Obama's voting record is quite reasonable and good for America.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

LOL,he was 13.

You are an ignorant ass who can't begin to understand the very precocious words of a thirty four year old reflecting on a thirteen year old biracial person coming to terms with the reality of racism and race. Those words show not only a profound and honest understanding of self, they show maturity of emotional evolution. Such words could be uttered only by somebody with wisdom and self respect. That you don't see this tells me you are an ignorant pig.

Keep drinking the kool aid. Precocious words of a thiry four old? That's as laughable a statement as I've ever heard you type here.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Anytime you go to Western PA, WV, or rural parts of Ohio you will see this mindset of a racist. Having lived in WV for 5 years, this isn't surprising, people out there are uneducated and more racist than cities I've lived near/in (Philly, NYC, DC).

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

LOL,he was 13.

Keep drinking the kool aid. Precocious words of a thiry four old? That's as laughable a statement as I've ever heard you type here.

The fact that you cannot understand the wisdom in Moonbeams explanation just shows how shallow you are. Moonbeam may not always post what all of us can understand, but once in a while he comes up with gems like this one.

You would benefit from keeping an open mind.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

My thoughts are you are parnoid and your quote and following statements border on being retarded.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
After watching this video I wonder if there are any McCain/Palin voters with an IQ over 80 at all...

These people are no less extreme and no less scary than Al Qaida. And if they ever gain power no less dangerous too.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

HE DID NOT WRITE THAT, STEVE SAILER DID . Stop spreading lies that you read in chain letters.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Nicely done SP33Demon. I guess boomerang was right about the Kool-Aid, he was just wrong about who has been drinking far too much of it.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: SP33Demon

HE DID NOT WRITE THAT, STEVE SAILER DID . Stop spreading lies that you read in chain letters.

Good link. There's so much spin from the right at grass roots level its no wonder so many folks are confused and come across as morons.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: trance247
Ignorance is bliss...
Evidently not, those people were pissed off.

Are you guys certain that was a rally for Mac and VPILF? It looked like a weight watchers meeting. :evil:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: DAPUNISHER
Originally posted by: trance247
Ignorance is bliss...
Evidently not, those people were pissed off.

Are you guys certain that was a rally for Mac and VPILF? It looked like a weight watchers meeting. :evil:

They've been eating their grand kids.

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002

Middle class white person?
Oh yes. He loves me. He loves the fact he can squeeze me till I'm dry and give it to the poor.

I believe you mean he can lower your taxes.

If you make more than 250k per year, you are NOT middle class, anywhere in the USA.