Has anyone noticed this about religion threads?

Anytime someone starts a "Why do you [some group of either religious or non-religious people]ites/ists/ers/ings always have to complain or bash us when we talk about [some religious or non-religious thing]?" it's turned into a, "Well look what you're doing right here in this thread! You're bashing US!" type thing.

I, for one, am sick of it. Honestly, any time someone starts a thread that doesn't go along exactly with what some other ATer's religious or non-religious belief may be in that given week, there's a flame war started in EVERY religion thread.

There is abso-fvcking-lutely no way to make everyone happy. Just lay off and don't be so sensitive!

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Or just take a don't ask don't tell attitude... I would have though an ATOT vet like yourself would have learned by now that trolls will be trolls... :confused:

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: jumpr
Anytime someone starts a "Why do you [some group of either religious or non-religious people]ites/ists/ers/ings always have to complain or bash us when we talk about [some religious or non-religious thing]?" it's turned into a, "Well look what you're doing right here in this thread! You're bashing US!" type thing.

I, for one, am sick of it. Honestly, any time someone starts a thread that doesn't go along exactly with what some other ATer's religious or non-religious belief may be in that given week, there's a flame war started in EVERY religion thread.

There is abso-fvcking-lutely no way to make everyone happy. Just lay off and don't be so sensitive!

You don't have to make the terms vague... the only time it ever happens is between atheism and Christianity. Your thread is a repost. ;)

Oh, and SampSon...

I'll have my wine.

:wine::)

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
For me, I absolutely hate all kind of church...
I have been raised a Katolic, yet right now, I just refuse to be branded and restricted..
I strongly believe that religion is one's personal, intimate thing not to be shared with anybody else!

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I say we ban religion threads. It's pretty obvious that most of us here can't handle intelligent debate about such things.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: SampSon
:beer: would make everybody happy.
:beer: and :bacon;

can we have pancakes? with chocolate chips? ill cook if we can have pancakes and beer and bacon and chocoloate chips in the pancakes and some syrup and a little butter and maybe a fork

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: xSauronx

can we have pancakes? with chocolate chips? ill cook if we can have pancakes and beer and bacon and chocoloate chips in the pancakes and some syrup and a little butter and maybe a fork

a lot of BUTTER

BUTTER

MArgerine is satan

Well, the pancakes would be a big extra. Though, doable after the bacon revolution.

Bacon is the big clencher. Bacon can single-handedly bring peace to the middle east, and everywhere else.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
I'm religious, but I have never started a religion thread. I'm comfortable with my beliefs, I have no reason to try to argue about them with anyone else.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000

Well, the pancakes would be a big extra. Though, doable after the bacon revolution.

Bacon is the big clencher. Bacon can single-handedly bring peace to the middle east, and everywhere else.

ohhhh

but no bacon bits
real bacon
maybe sausage? sausage is good with syrup too

ohhhh

but no bacon bits
real bacon
I think any quality pork product would do it. Bacon is the pinnacle of pork though.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
ohhhh

but no bacon bits
real bacon
I think any quality pork product would do it. Bacon is the pinnacle of pork though.

What if your religion forbids eating pork? :Q

Originally posted by: conjur
ohhhh

but no bacon bits
real bacon

What if your religion forbids eating pork? :Q
THAT is the reason why world peace is not attainable!

Bacon is the answer.

Originally posted by: ThePresence
<--- never tasted bacon because it's forbidden by my religion.

:Q
You're missing out. At least 72% of your stress is related to your non-bacon status.

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001

ohhhh

but no bacon bits
real bacon

Bacon is good with syrup too! :p

I think if all religious leaders sat down and enjoyed a breakfast of bacon and OJ, we might get closer to world peace!

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
This is my favorite religion thread tonight.

*munches bacon and pours some cranberry-grape juice*

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Nope, I never noticed

Seriously the threads tonight are outta hand :p