Has anyone been going to the gym?

tec699

Banned
Dec 19, 2002
It's time to get my ass back into the gym. I need to get back to lifting weight and I need to start a good cardiovascular program.

So if you do go to the gym how many days per week are you going? Are you working out with free weights or do have a different program?

BRObedoza

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2004
4 days a week, 45 mins of cardio (treadmill or elliptical) and then an hour of lifting, usually two different muscles

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
MWF I lift using nautilus-type equipment (mostly upper body + hamstrings)
TThSat I'm going to start running again, 3 miles or so :eek:

BRObedoza

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2004
oh yeah now that sunset is pretty late i'll probably switch to jogging on the trails/streets instead of cardio in the gym

TWills

Jan 31, 2005
monday, tuesday, thursday. Don't work out per se, but I do lay the smack down on all the n00bs who think they can play B-ball. That's a good workout if you ask me. For the record, right before I take a bath I do 60 pushups and 100 situps 2x...

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Sun-Thurs

1 hour elliptical level 9-11 (depends on how tired I am)

20-30 minutes weights...focusing on shoulders, arms, chest.

PeteyCPU

Mar 8, 2002
4-5 days a week, 1 muscle group per day (chest, shoulders, back, arms, legs), 3-4 mi run each time.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
I've been on a three day per week routine, with a two day split. So my whole body gets a complete workout three times every two weeks. People that just do arms/chest are screwing themselves. They also end up looking very funny with big arms and tiny legs. Nothing looks odder than a guy at the gym with forearms noticeably larger than his calves.

For cardio I've picked up Gaelic football, and it's one hell of a good cardio workout twice per week. Also, I have just started jogging, to help increase my endurance, and I plan to do that once or twice per week. Eventually I want to be abe to do 5 miles relatively easily.

Landroval

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2005
Right now I am recovering from injury to my right shoulder. I do rehab exercises for it every other day. I also do a limited upper body routine 1x week and a lower body routine 1x week.
All with free weights, except I have a lat pulldown cable on my home bench. In June I am going to go back to a more intense weighlifting schedule and I hope to gain about 3-4 lbs of muscle before August.

I also walk 4 miles a day @a little over 4mph