Has anyone asked Pelosi?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Seems she is determined to pass on impeaching Trump in favor of allowing America to vote him out next year. Has anyone asked her what plan B is if he were to win and the Dems were to lose the House as well?

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Given her age, I would assume retirement if her strategy completely fails. If the dems can’t get control after this train wreck their strategy is clearly garbage as by and large they have a platform that should appeal to a majority of voters.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Given her age, I would assume retirement if her strategy completely fails. If the dems can’t get control after this train wreck their strategy is clearly garbage as by and large they have a platform that should appeal to a majority of voters.
You have to understand that voters are retarded. You keep blaming the Dems but there isn't much they can do differently when they are attacked from both sides of every issue.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
I think its a sound strategy as it will hurt Trump AND Republicans to have Trump running in 2020.

He won by impossibly slim margins in 2016 with some voters choosing him thinking it couldn't possibly be worse than Clinton...which at this point few people not core white nationalist republican still believe.

And now the economy is heading south.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I think its a sound strategy as it will hurt Trump AND Republicans to have Trump running in 2020.

He won by impossibly slim margins in 2016 with some voters choosing him thinking it couldn't possibly be worse than Clinton...which at this point few people not core white nationalist republican still believe.

Wish I had your faith, but sadly, I do not. I also have no faith that Russia won't intervene at a massively increased level, no faith that Trump and his appointees and most GOP reps in most of the states won't just cheat to help him and the rest of the GOP since there are apparently no consequences for cheating, and no faith that even if Trump is defeated that he will accept the result and leave (especially if the House flips back and he has nobody to "answer" to).

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
There is nothing to impeach him over. If there were, you'd see it brought forward, we're dealing with a childish partisan Democrat party. If they had something that was obvious and would get rid of Trump, they'd not hesitate to use it. Trump has been absolved from this silly collusion hoax.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
There is nothing to impeach him over. If there were, you'd see it brought forward, we're dealing with a childish partisan Democrat party. If they had something that was obvious and would get rid of Trump, they'd not hesitate to use it. Trump has been absolved from this silly collusion hoax.

Suggesting dropping a bomb on a hurricane to stop it is impeachment worthy for demonstrating an IQ below 70. Only people with lower IQs are his idiot supporters for not recognizing an actual retard when they see one.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Suggesting dropping a bomb on a hurricane to stop it is impeachment worthy for demonstrating an IQ below 70. Only people with lower IQs are his idiot supporters for not recognizing an actual retard when they see one.
We could try dropping nukes on Trump rallies to see if they dissipate.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
She's doing plan B right now. Investigations. Lots of investigations.
Like, Benghazi level investigations? Or Hillary email level investigations? Or maybe even Whitewater level investigations? Are we going to learn that Trump has been unfaithful? I am not sure the world can handle a shocker of that magnitude.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Heh. Mueller's report isn't actual evidence. The underlying testimony & documentation are, but Barr won't let Congress have it. Collusion isn't the issue, anyway, but rather multiple attempts to obstruct justice in the Russian meddling investigation. Trumpsters are in denial about that, totally. Think about it. Why would they do that if not to get us to poison ourselves?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Like, Benghazi level investigations? Or Hillary email level investigations? Or maybe even Whitewater level investigations? Are we going to learn that Trump has been unfaithful? I am not sure the world can handle a shocker of that magnitude.

*shrug* ask her

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Remember how everyone thought it was a sound strategy not to campaign on SCOTUS vacancies because Hillary would win anyway? How'd that turn out??

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
She's doing plan B right now. Investigations. Lots of investigations.
I actually can't think of one significant investigation being held by the house regarding the trump administration. I would agree with dank69 on this. If anything, they could certainly ramp the investigatory powers of congress way up.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Just trying to get a handle on what YOU consider to be a LOT of investigations, because AFAIC there aren't enough investigations and the existing ones aren't progressing nearly fast enough.

Last I read there were 6. Not nearly as many as the Republicans launched against Obama, but I consider 6 alot. May be semantics.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I actually can't think of one significant investigation being held by the house regarding the trump administration. I would agree with dank69 on this. If anything, they could certainly ramp the investigatory powers of congress way up.

Contact your rep then :) Thats what theyre there for!

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I don't want to see impeachment because I don't want to see the Democrats running on "hey this guy is such an asshole, how can you vote for him?" seeing how disastrous that was in 2016. That kind of negative campaigning just depresses voter turnout and the Democrats can't win elections with low voter turnout. 2020 needs to be about healthcare and the ridiculous wealth divide in this nation. I'm really hoping to see Warren or Sanders get the nomination and not some bland centrist like Biden, Booker, or Harris who isn't going to motivate a high turnout.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
You have to understand that voters are retarded. You keep blaming the Dems but there isn't much they can do differently when they are attacked from both sides of every issue.

I dunno, maybe they would have success as a progressive party. Not a real left wing party mind you, but one that said things like straight up single payer for everyone. Things like meaningfully cutting military expenditures. Getting big money out of politics, etc.

The current strategy of saying nice things and selling the people out to corporate interests a bit slower doesn’t seem to resonate with enough voters.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

Oh man. You actually think the party did everything they could in 2016, and have done everything they could since? I disagree with that.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I dunno, maybe they would have success as a progressive party. Not a real left wing party mind you, but one that said things like straight up single payer for everyone. Things like meaningfully cutting military expenditures. Getting big money out of politics, etc.

The current strategy of saying nice things and selling the people out to corporate interests a bit slower doesn’t seem to resonate with enough voters.

I don't know, that would mean adopting a position with 70% public support, I just don't see how you can win elections like that.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Because the Dems haven't quite grasped what the Republican strategy has been for years. The Republicans knew damn well that Hillary didn't do anything worthy of investigation and that Benghazi required little more than a short inquiry. But the point of those things was never to actually investigate anything in a legal sense, but to do it in the court of public opinion. They'd have a dog & pony show investigation while taking as much opportunity to rail against whatever they were investigating on Fox News or at rarer times CNN. The point was never to find any wrongdoing because they knew there was none, the point was to make people BELIEVE there was wrongdoing and essentially use government funds as a form of campaigning through hearings. If the Dems could simply lose 99% of their integrity like the Republicans have done, they could do the same and maybe take back the country. Of course, that loss of integrity would make the Dems almost as bad as the Republicans, and no remotely decent human being wants a party as bad or almost as bad as the Republicans in charge of squat.