has anyone adopted a no eating policy after 6 or 7pm? Good for losing weight?

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
you should do this instead. split the 3 meals you would normally into 5 or 6 meals throughout the day

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
I don't sleep till like 1, so that means I'll be starving when I go to bed. Then I can't fall asleep and end up eating at midnight. Better to eat dinner at 9 :D

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Originally posted by: isekii
you should do this instead. split the 3 meals you would normally into 5 or 6 meals throughout the day

Agreed, that should help a lot.

Aftermath

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2003
In my experience, (going from 250 to 170 and still going), the biggest difference wasn't eating dinner later, just making it smaller. Just so long as it's not right before bed time.

It works best if breakfast is large, lunch is medium, and dinner is small.

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
nope. i don't diet. i'm still trying to gain 7 more lbs anyway :)

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I naturally do that. I simply do not have any hunger after 6 or 7pm. It's called lack of sleep diet.

Xyclone

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Aftermath
In my experience, (going from 250 to 170 and still going), the biggest difference wasn't eating dinner later, just making it smaller. Just so long as it's not right before bed time.

It works best if breakfast is large, lunch is medium, and dinner is small.

Agreed. Also try to have a small high protein, low carb, sugar, and fat meal before going to bed. Going to bed on an empty stomach is not a good idea. Your metabolism will drop like mad, not inculding muscle loss (muscles will go catabolic from protein deprivation).

ChaoZ

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2000
If you eat too early, you'll probably just get hungry again by time you goto sleep.

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
The belief that the body magically turns everything eaten after some arbitrary time to fat is a myth. If you lose fat by following such a plan, it is because you are burning more calories than you consume over a long period of time. Whether you cut them out of your evening meals or morning meals doesn't matter too much.

If you are weight training regularly, it is very important that you keep eating up until bedtime to make sure your body has enough nutrients to repair itself while you sleep.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
:eek:

I ate...um...like one choclate danish, a class of coke, one sesame seed korean bread thingy for a korean place, an arizona ice tea, a thign of water,....and a small box of raisenets for sustinance today:eek:...and numberous tootsie roll lollipops>..:eek:

jsut came from the gym and about to eat some mac and cheese and an italian sausage:eek:

<--BAD BAD EATING HABITS:eek:

Ultralight

Jul 11, 2004
Yes, it worked for me along with exercising at least 3x a week for 30 minutes per session. If I got hungry I'd have some protein and drank water. it would curb the cravings that can occur.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: bennylong
yea, I do. it's called POVERTY

Funny how most diets actually cost people money. People pay monthly installments for "dietary foods". WTF.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
You shouldnt set it at 6 or 7. You need to set it at 3 hours prior you plan to go to bed.

bennylong

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Regs

Funny how most diets actually cost people money. People pay monthly installments for "dietary foods". WTF.

Only in American. Only in American. Trying telling this to the poor starving folks in Africa or the poor immigrants living in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco etc.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001

Only in American. Only in American. Trying telling this to the poor starving folks in Africa or the poor immigrants living in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco etc.

Only AN American? Or only in AMERICA? One of those two words has to change...

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
No.

It's a myth that a late dinner will add pounds. An extra meal after an early dinner will add pounds.

http://www.vhi.ie/experts/diet/diet_q100.jsp
Going to sleep on a full stomach is only likely to cause indigestion and will not influence where you store the energy from the food you have eaten. Many people believe the old wives tale that "it is fattening to eat late at night". But this is incorrect.

However, as with all old wives tales, there is an element of truth behind it. For example, if you consistently eat an extra meal at night or start to drink a few beers every night the calories will mount up and within a few weeks you will notice a difference in your weight. Weight gain is not determined by the time of day you eat but by your total calorie intake during the day. It is also important to note that you will only gain weight if you consistently increase your calorie intake for weeks at a time.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Originally posted by: Amused
No.

It's a myth that a late dinner will add pounds. An extra meal after an early dinner will add pounds.

http://www.vhi.ie/experts/diet/diet_q100.jsp
Going to sleep on a full stomach is only likely to cause indigestion and will not influence where you store the energy from the food you have eaten. Many people believe the old wives tale that "it is fattening to eat late at night". But this is incorrect.

However, as with all old wives tales, there is an element of truth behind it. For example, if you consistently eat an extra meal at night or start to drink a few beers every night the calories will mount up and within a few weeks you will notice a difference in your weight. Weight gain is not determined by the time of day you eat but by your total calorie intake during the day. It is also important to note that you will only gain weight if you consistently increase your calorie intake for weeks at a time.

See thats the problem with most people they eat and continue to snack until bedtime.

People should eat 3 hrs before they go to bed and not snack.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
nope i see no reason to.

i have 4-5 small meals a day. i find that is better then having a big meal in the evening.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: HotChic

Only AN American? Or only in AMERICA? One of those two words has to change...

Learning NOT to use that extra letter there costs a bundle too;)

LOFL

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
BTW, if you have a problem with heartburn, bad dreams or snoring, eating within 3 hours of your bedtime may aggravate those conditions...

But it wont make you fat... unless the before bedtime meal is more than you would normally eat.

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Why would you neglect your natural needs in favor of some arbitrary time that may or may not help you lose weight? Why not employ some self-control and watch what you eat?