Harvey is a Moderator

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
Read on and see why I think Harvey is a Moderator !

http://forums.anandtech.com/tombstone.cfm?ProfileID=572
By looking at the number in this profile : 572, we can tell that Zuni was the first member to register at these forums. 571, 570, 569... don't exist.

http://forums.anandtech.com/tombstone.cfm?ProfileID=573
Somehow Member #573 doesn't exist

http://forums.anandtech.com/tombstone.cfm?ProfileID=574
Harvey was the second person who registered at these forums. :Q

http://forums.anandtech.com/tombstone.cfm?ProfileID=575
This one is Russ, but we already knew he was a mod :)

My respects to Harvey.

Psychoholic

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
So what's your point???

You afraid he's going to ban you??? :Q

Some people have way too much free time on their hands.

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
it didn't take more than 5 minutes.
Is that what you call way too much free time ?

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
haha.. that's funny. :)

I know who the moderators are. I buy hardware from one all the time. :) But I'm not tellin'!

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Wouldn't their numbers be lower, as they probably joined early on, and that is why they are elites? Just a thought...

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
So what if he is? Should we be mean to him? Call him names? Whats your point?

SHUX

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000

>>Wouldn't their numbers be lower

NO

>>as they probably joined early on, and that is why they are elites?

They were early on board, but the UBB crashes killed off any logical order.

Some of the non E memebers here have been around much longer than Harvey or Russ, so I wouldn't speculate ;)

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Oh, I forgot about the crashes, I was not here for them. Good point LowTech. ;)

And I don't care who they are, as long as they don't ban me! :Q :p

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
Shux,
What is my point ?
Harvey is a mod and I will not be able to sleep tonight.
Well, not really, I was trying to prove my theory that anyone could see someone's profile even if they have it disabled.

I just happened to investigate who were the oldest members in this Fusetalk message board and I found that Harvey is one of the oldest members which seemed suspicious to me.

Not that anyone really cares. I am sure that most of the people who spend 15 hours in this message board DO have a great life.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
I'd guess they don't want to be known as moderators because they want to interact with the other AnandTech users as "regular" people, don't you think that must be it?

BTW, I'm not saying you are wrong in your assumption, but I wouldn't conclude that everyone who has been around a long time or has a low user number is a moderator.

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
you are right, maybe he just happened to find these message boards 1 hour earlier than anyone else....again, who cares.

I apologize for calling Harvey a Moderator.

Chris A

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
When they first created this board several members were invited to be Beta testers from the old UBB board. I was registered in the beta one when it first became public. They then dumped that board for the new one. Harvey, Russ, NWM and several others were beta testers. It only makes sense that they would be one of the first to register on the new board.

If Harvey is a Mod then he is a damn good one.

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
well, I guess you are right.
Probably the member #573 who doesn't exist anymore was NWM

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Wow. What a concept. I think a 6-foot-tall invisible rabbit would make a great moderator. :D

He may be an early member of the latest incarnation of this board, but Harvey was not in the first wave of "Elites." In fact, several members pointed this out, and I believe an exception to the original "2000 posts plus" rule was made so that Harvey could be honoured with the Elite title (which, of course, he greatly deserves.) If Harvey were one of the denizens of Mod Olympus, why would the "Elite" rules have been originally written in such a way that they would exclude him?

Duckers, your theory that the members with the longest tenure are automatically assumed to be mods does fall apart when NWM is considered. NWM was anything but moderate. As for Russ, don't you think he has his hands full with Compucheap? Why would he want to herd a bunch of looneys like us for free?

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
Dear WW,
what makes you think that Russ would moderate these forums for free ? ;)

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Duckers, it is my understanding that the mods are unpaid volunteers. Of course, they may be rewarded in non-monetary ways. They may keep trophies from their "kills," or something... ;)

Chris A

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999

<< They may keep trophies from their &quot;kills,&quot; or something... >>

Ok thats funny :) The Anandtech Trophy shelf is proudly on display as you enter the computer room.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
WW,

If my memory serve me, then I think Russ may have been one of the Mod when Anandtech were trying to implemented forum moderation.

And, I think moderation came to light during the bandwidth hog html.img tags.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Kills? What kind of loser would find delight in &quot;Kills&quot;, I would think or hope that the peeps chosen as moderators would show a level headed and non-biased position so as to make the best judgements regarding people and thier actions. If the are raving knee-jerk reactionary peeps then that would cause some strife.....wait, is russ still a mod? :D J/K'ing russ.

SHUX

SlickWilly

Banned
Oct 30, 1999
It's a conspiracy. I think Harvey was in the Kennedy assassination.

Duckers,

You should get Elite status for that.

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
no, i don't deserve to be elite.

[paulson voice]
I should help people with technical problems rather than wasting everybody's time posting worthless crap like this.
[/paulson voice]