Harry Reid "I believe ... that this war is lost"

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GrGr

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2003
Originally posted by: AndrewR
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: Lemon law
But it came down to the same thing in Vietnam---Nixon finally bowed to political reality, used the McGovern peace plan as a model, renamed it peace with honor, and we sailed home saying yippee we won---after peeing away 58,000 unredeemed and wasted lives because no one had the courage to admit we blew it.

I'm a bit disgusted with the usual liberal retort about Vietnam. Do you guys recall how many innocents were killed after we left?
No how many? How many innocents were killed during the bombings of Hanoi?

I do know that it took the Vietnamese Army to stop Pol Pot's genocide in Cambodia.

So, your assertion is that no one died in South Vietnam after we left? Do some research into the Hmong people, and then go ask the remnants of them around Fayetteville, NC, what happened when the NVA arrived.

So, the Viets stopped Pol Pot so that excuses what they did to thousands upon thousands in South Vietnam. Is there some form of "goodwill" fund that excuses bad acts? Perhaps we could tabulate the good things that the US has done to satisfy the account with the critics of the administration.

That is why President George W. Bush is a war criminal. As a direct consquence of his criminal actions hundreds of thousands of people have died and unknown thousands more will die. Bring him to justice.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: AndrewR
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: Lemon law
But it came down to the same thing in Vietnam---Nixon finally bowed to political reality, used the McGovern peace plan as a model, renamed it peace with honor, and we sailed home saying yippee we won---after peeing away 58,000 unredeemed and wasted lives because no one had the courage to admit we blew it.

I'm a bit disgusted with the usual liberal retort about Vietnam. Do you guys recall how many innocents were killed after we left?
No how many? How many innocents were killed during the bombings of Hanoi?

I do know that it took the Vietnamese Army to stop Pol Pot's genocide in Cambodia.

So, your assertion is that no one died in South Vietnam after we left?
No, I was just asking how innocents were killed after we left. I know they persecuted the Hmong, I wasn't aware there was a genocide of Hmong. From what I recall the Hmong were detested by the Vietnamese on both sides and were just tolerated by the South Vietnamese Gov because they fought against the North Vietnamese and were allied with the US.

So, the Viets stopped Pol Pot so that excuses what they did to thousands upon thousands in South Vietnam. Is there some form of "goodwill" fund that excuses bad acts? Perhaps we could tabulate the good things that the US has done to satisfy the account with the critics of the administration.
They did what no other country was willing to do, that's all I'm saying.