Hardware testing

jork

Feb 17, 2013
At first i apologize for my english.

Can some one name programme names , so i can test my hardware HDD, ram , PSU , video card , motherboard ?

There is some thing wrong with my hardware , becouse my computer keeps freezing. It freezes every time when i try to play a game , i play the game for 5 - 10 min and computer freezes.

CPU, video card temperatures are normal.

I basicly know that some thing is wrong with hardware , but i can't explain my problem completly , becouse i write bad in english. So yeah....

Can some one name programme names , so i can test my hardware HDD, ram , PSU , video card , motherboard ?

Thnx!

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
You need to provide specifics for your hardware (i.e. model numbers of CPU, motherboard, memory modules - include the specific manufacturer name and model number for memory, video card, power supply, etc) and what OS you are running. Also, are you overclocking? If so, make sure to drop back to standard clocks for testing as it is very difficult to troubleshoot an overclocked system. Are you running the most recent BIOS available for your system/motherboard? You might also try resetting the CMOS memory on the system. Finally, are you running the most recent video drivers for your card? If so, try to reinstall them. If that doesn't work, you can uninstall them, reboot the system, and install the prior version of the drivers.

MemTest86+ is great for testing memory. It is always best to test modules one at a time, through multiple passes. As far as the hard drive goes, you can download a diagnostic ISO from the manufacturer's website to test the drive. For video cards, you can try to run something like Kombustor or Furmark that will give it a significant workout.