Hardware sites going down the crapper

Alphazero

Golden Member
May 9, 2002
Tom's article was borderline inappropriate, but this is just plain filthy. Never have I seen such childish, arrogant and senseless writing.

It will take a long time for the community to recover from this disgusting mess. I think most of you would agree that we all would have been happier had we never heard about all this.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, it's all pretty silly. I sure am glad I am not a regular reader of any of those sites.

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Alphazero
It will take a long time for the community to recover from this disgusting mess. I think most of you would agree that we all would have been happier had we never heard about all this.

It will? I thought we were already recovered :confused:. Besides: repost ;):p

js1973

Dec 8, 2000
"It will take a long time for the community to recover from this disgusting mess. "

I think you're being overly dramatic.

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Originally posted by: js1973
"It will take a long time for the community to recover from this disgusting mess. "

Me too. I'm still shocked anyone still reads tom's page

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
Originally posted by: js1973

I can't go on another day. When I try to live my life, go about my daily humdrum activities, I get overcome with grief. If I even see an Intel chipset, I break down in tears. I'm tellin you man, I need help. I need counseling.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I actually read that other article (when one of the other fifty people posted about it yesterday...). The only thing I thought was <click> what's next on my list of useless webpages to view today....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

SinnerWolf

Dec 30, 2000
there are 2 types of hardware sites, journalistic and enthusiast. All of the ones mentioned and concerned with this tiff are journalists, and for all intensive purposes, a part of the media. Only thing these sites are good for is release dates, first looks (pictures!), and general specs. Enthusiast sites abound with good info and innovation, but once they get too popular usually end up turning into the same drivel and debates over propoganda.

I don't think hardware sites are going to the crapper...it's the PR sites who have outed themselves. Let them sort it out, or fight it out. And then maybe we can have a special "geek celebrity" boxing

clarkmo

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2000
These guys are clowns. They just wanna make news for once instead of report news. Really, so much time spent talking about themselves. Who cares? They just want the clicks.