Hard Reset (PC Exclusive shooter)

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Don't know if anyone ever posted a thread about this game, but it's an upcoming PC exclusive shooter from Polish game studio Flying Wild Hog (I think some of these guys were responsible for the original Witcher), and features a cyberpunk theme.

Trailer.

Looks like it could use PhysX, as there's lots of particle effects in the trailer, and the explosions look awesome! :cool:

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Just because most PC non-exclusive games are bad doesn't mean I'll be excited in a just because it is PC-exclusive. There's been plenty of bad ones released over the years.

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
Just because most PC non-exclusive games are bad doesn't mean I'll be excited in a just because it is PC-exclusive. There's been plenty of bad ones released over the years.
The gameplay looks like Quake 2, which is enough for me to be excited.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Looks like it was designed for a console. The guns it showcased didn't require any precision aiming at all. Just point and shoot.

lsv

Golden Member
Dec 18, 2009
Looks like it was designed for a console. The guns it showcased didn't require any precision aiming at all. Just point and shoot.

All guns are point and shoot, how more precise can you get then that?

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
Really have no idea what you are talking about, care to elaborate?

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Really have no idea what you are talking about, care to elaborate?

Every gun in the trailer either explodes or aims for you. The lightning gun looks like it hits the enemy even if you're not aiming at it. RPGs and grenade launchers don't really require any aim, you just shoot them in the enemy's general direction.

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
Every gun in the trailer either explodes or aims for you. The lightning gun looks like it hits the enemy even if you're not aiming at it. RPGs and grenade launchers don't really require any aim, you just shoot them in the enemy's general direction.
I think you need to take a closer look at the trailer. There is a tri barrel machine gun, a shotgun (which he shoots at a couple barrels which blow up), some sort of plasma ball thing, and your aforementioned lightning gun. Besides, even if your observation of the trailer was accurate, do you not realize essentially every classic PC shooter features a rocket launcher and grenade launcher?

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011

This is what I'm seeing as well. I don't like to pre-judge a game before playing or seeing more of it, but what they showcased in the trailer looked very arcadish. Oversized weapons that you just point in the general direction of the enemy and blast away with.

Maybe there's more to it than that....just have to wait and see when more gameplay footage comes out.

Last edited: