Hard mouse pad?

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
Other than Ratpadz XT?

I need something for bed, that I can put on my leg or something and have it stay sturdy. I have Amazon gift certs so I'm open for ideas there.

Thanks for any help!

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
Depending on how many gift certificates you have I would suggest either the Razer IronClad or the SteelSeries 9HD.

borisvodofsky

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2010
Are you kidding me?

shoe box + tape + regular mousepad.

Kids these days.. what are they teaching you in school??

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
Are you kidding me?

shoe box + tape + regular mousepad.

Kids these days.. what are they teaching you in school??

An empty shoe box is going to collapse over time from the gradual pressure that's being put on it. Sure it's a good temporary solution until it falls apart and then you have to get another. The op has already stated though that he has gift certificates to use, so why not use them?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
steelseries Qck+ is what most quake pros use these days.
(well, many use the goliathus, but because they get moneys from razer. they all sneak out a QcK+ however during non-broadcast matches)

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
I agree with this, best hard mouse pads I have ever used. I tried switching to other hard mouse pads but they always got the mouse pad residue or too much drag.

However, didn't Func go out of business?

Looks like they are still on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/INDUSTRIES-Mou...0046526&sr=1-1

I think that's the one for me, given the price my gift certs make it free :)

Any other opinions? I'll order when I get home so there's still time for input! I'll be using a MS Sidewider X3 on it.

Thanks!

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
Looks like they are still on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/INDUSTRIES-Mou...0046526&sr=1-1

I think that's the one for me, given the price my gift certs make it free :)

Any other opinions? I'll order when I get home so there's still time for input! I'll be using a MS Sidewider X3 on it.

Thanks!

Nice, I would suggest going for the 1030 Archetype model.I still use them from 1-2 years ago but they are definitely showing their age.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I use QcK's now, but I really did like my Func 1030 a lot. It probably lasted ~ 4-5 years. I really don't think there are any other decent options for hard pads. Pretty much anything else just has too much drag. Way back when I tried an Icemat and that had to be one of the worst mouse pads I've ever used.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
mario-paint-super-nintendo.jpg

Do you still have your mario paint mousepad? ;)

snarfbot

Jul 22, 2007
i got this rocketfish hard pad, its pretty sweet. its got a smooth side thats real nice, and a rough side that blows.

you could probably cut a watermelon in half with it too, if your into that sorta thing.

its a mouse pad.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
I use a Ratpadz GS. Nice size, nice glide/resistance, can get dirty but it's easy to clean.

Mine has lasted for several years (Must be at least 4-5 years because I bought it after Hellgate: London was released) but I've taken to putting a softer mat on top of it as it is offering more resistance than it used to. Currently I'm using a Razer Goliathus Fragged Control edition on top of it, one of the best soft pads I've used.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
On a whim, I bought a cybersnipa tracer. It has blue leds to light up the borders. Its not bad I guess, but I am not a mouse pad expert either. I fully expect the leds to fail eventually, and you have to have a usb port to make them work, but its cheap (under 20 at amazon), and the it has a dimmer so you can adjust the brightness.

Nashemon

Jun 14, 2012
i got this rocketfish hard pad, its pretty sweet. its got a smooth side thats real nice, and a rough side that blows.

you could probably cut a watermelon in half with it too, if your into that sorta thing.

its a mouse pad.
I've got one of these too. It's made of metal. Bought it so I could play games at my friend's house who only really has couches to sit on (no tables). I like it. And it fits in my laptop bag. Bestbuy.com sells them. The one they have now is an updated model (the shape changed). Rocketfish Gaming Mouse Pad.