Happy Easter Long Weekend!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Not a cloud in the sky and 58 degrees. Which for a fat hairy fuck is pretty god damn nice. Bird were chirping grass was greening and the trees looked gorgeous.
If you believe in Jesus and all that, then today was truly His day.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Whoa.... made a lot of hams in my life but never had one come out looking like that! (looks tasty anyway though!)

You use that thing for a pinata prior to cooking? o_O
I scored roughly xd
First time doing ham

Honey, butter, tyme, brown sugar, ginger and garlic glaze, applied every ten min.

Fixings include fries, mashed potatoes, baked beans and steamed corn.

Last edited:

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I made 2 racks of honey - garlic ribs in my crock pot. Also made curly fries.

Had my GF over.

ribs were fall off the bone and quite nice.

Reactions: Captante

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
As kid (single digits age) I went to one Easter egg hunt only. Hundreds of kids converged on a local supermarket, which sponsored the event. Rules were:

If you find enough candy type eggs you get a prize.

If you find any of 12 actual dyed chicken eggs, marked from 1 to 12, you get special prizes reserved for those rare finds. The prizes were best for #1, and on down to #12.

I found 2 actual eggs, the ones marked 2 and 11. :p What the prize was for #11 I have no recollection, but for #2 they gave me a baseball mitt...it was leather but by far the crappiest mitt I have ever seen. :( In my 40's my volunteer organization engaged in friendly competitive softball games with other volunteer organizations (all being local radio stations). I went on a hunt (!) for the best mitt I could find for that. Uh huh! I still have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: A/// and lxskllr

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Honey, tyme, brown sugar, ginger and garlic glaze, applied every ten min.
Mmm that mustve tasted good. I would have skipped the brown sugar because I hate that caramel flavor. Thank you for not using sage. My ex's family loved using sage on ham. Sage is fine in pork sausages but not on ham.

Reactions: Muse

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Caramel needs to be outlawed.
Yes, hate it. Hate those stupid malted milk balls, too. Chocolate covered chalk dust. I've no idea what kids like in that junk. I'm a plain chocolate lover and a work friend gave me a massive semi sweet dark chocolate solid bunny. I got him a bottle of scotch I know he'd like. Pricey quality chocolate deserves a pricey bottle. Good feller.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I scored roughly xd
First time doing ham

Honey, tyme, brown sugar, ginger and garlic glaze, applied every ten min.

Fixings include fries, mashed potatoes, baked beans and steamed corn.

I'll take some of each. The ham sounds tippie top. And some leftover ham to griddle with eggs or put on a sandwich between some hearty bread.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Caramel needs to be outlawed.
Caramel is one of the flavors of those bags of Lindt Truffles they sell at Costco. It's OK. All 5 flavors are OK. But of course, the caramel one is predominantly chocolate flavored, as are the others. That's the only caramel anything I've eaten for many years...

I was kinda unhappy with the last 5-flavored 50 truffle bag of Lindt that I opened. Fully 15 of them were white chocolate, WTF.

Reactions: A///

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I'll take some of each. The ham sounds tippie top. And some leftover ham to griddle with eggs or put on a sandwich between some hearty bread.

Have more than half of the ham left. Some will go in soup, some in sandwiches.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Caramel is one of the flavors of those bags of Lindt Truffles they sell at Costco. It's OK. All 5 flavors are OK. But of course, the caramel one is predominantly chocolate flavored, as are the others. That's the only caramel anything I've eaten for many years...

I was kinda unhappy with the last 5-flavored 50 truffle bag of Lindt that I opened. Fully 15 of them were white chocolate, WTF.
I go to lindt store and buy all hazelnut Lindors.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I go to lindt store and buy all hazelnut Lindors.
I suppose there's a Lindt store in San Francisco but I wouldn't go over there in pursuit. It would be like hunting for morels in a wolf infested forest these days. Saw a story on TV news last night. They interviewed an older Chinese couple, born and raised in San Francisco, at least the guy, in Chinatown. They now carry pepper spray with them if they go to San Francisco but rarely dare venture there. The woman does not take her purse.

Last edited:

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
The most offensive caramel I've ever seen was a 2 kilo block of salted caramel, fancy made, at a boutique candy maker just before covid came along. You could smell the damn thing all over the store. I'm sure it's nice to people who like the stuff but caramel is foul stuff. It's unnatural.

Adding to my previously great post, those chocolate malted milk balls. Nasty stuff. But there is worse. Having lived state side for a long time and despite that my family still being English loves maltesers. And thus will order or have family send it over from across the pond in big packages. Now if you don't know what a malteser is youd best be reading here. It's like a malted milk ball people scarf down here in north america. It's milk or semi sweet chocolate on the outside and hte inside is a modified honey comb recipe. Not literal honey comb but the candy where you add bicarb to and it fouls up into a spongey mess. That's very popular in Europe. That is even more disgusting. Don't even get me started on jelly babies. Didn't like them as a kid either. The texture of them is between american dots and that stupid sour candy that sticks to your teeth and look like little aliens or kids, same thing. All nasty.

The Lindors are nice though especially the hazelnut. They've got some wonderful flavors and I'll always buy a bag if it's unique enough. The mangos and cream are divine. This was the fifth easter I've spent alone. Not enough time to fly across the country and back to be with family. I made some filet and new potatoes with asparagus. I had a tipple of wine. Many cups of tea. It was alright.