Hanoi John spotted with G.I. Jane

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
He fulfilled his RESPONSIBILITY and served.
Then he exercized his RIGHT and protested.
But I guess you rightwingers would preffer that he went AWOL on a rum and "coke" binge :)

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: SuperTool
But I guess you rightwingers would preffer that he went AWOL on a rum and "coke" binge :)

Actuall, I would rather he just dodged the war instead of serving at all; life is so much easier that way.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Even though I passionately hate Jane Fonda, a pic of Kerry chilling in the background isn't going to make me believe he's as reprehensible as she is, sorry. I went to a debate seminar back when I was a junior in college, and also present, sitting a few rows in front of me, was one of the more vocal (and definetly crazy) members of the Baptist Student Union. Being at the same event doesn't mean there is automatically a kinship in social, political, or religious thinking.

Now if Kerry had visited American POWs, and when given a secret note by one of them proceeded to hand it over to the brutal jailers, well then I would have no problem calling him a POS and joining in on all the Republican smear attempts that seem to have taken off lately.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx

Actuall, I would rather he just dodged the war instead of serving at all; life is so much easier that way.

Then Bush is your man :)

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
We all know things that happened 30 years ago are irrelevant.

and him leading tiny anti-war group of vets (funded by Jane Fonda) throwing their medals back at the capital building was pretty patriotic.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
I'm glad to see Kerry protesting Vietnam, a stupid, stupid war that cost far too many American lives. If only he had protested Georgie's Excellent Iraq Adventure with as much vigor. Too bad.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
I'm glad to see Kerry protesting Vietnam, a stupid, stupid war that cost far too many American lives. If only he had protested Georgie's Excellent Iraq Adventure with as much vigor. Too bad.

Yea, too, bad....seems he likes to support our troops and vote to send them into battle...he just doesn't like paying for for their food.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001

Your not AWOL until you've been charged.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: nutxo

I thought you just have to be absent from duty without a leave. :D

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: nutxo

I thought you just have to be absent from duty without a leave. :D

I once missed ships movement. My XO didnt file any charges, I was just a week late. I was told by the ships MAA that I wasnt considered UA ( navy designation for awol ) unless I was actually written up.

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003

yes technically, but his "years" of service in vietnam actually totalled 4 months in a "hot" zone. he killed as much or more friendlies as the enemy, getting medals for what most ex military people such as myself would call "scratches"(granted except for when his boat hit a mine, in which case he was out of action 2 whole days)

looking at the facts from the eye of one who was actually in the military(unlike most posters here) kerry looks more incompetant than a hero.

and the facts show bush was not absent without leave. you dems are only making yourselves look stupid in continuing this propaganda campaign that is consitantly debunked.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Combat wounds are just the luck of the draw, but I guess that you can't understand that.

When shrapnel flies it hits targets of opportunity, some impact points are scratches and superficial.
Others are fatal. Just depends on how you happened to be exposed at thet moment of vulnerability.

I've seen some survive catostophically devastating injuries - and dead that appeared to be unharmed.
A pencil erasure sized fragment through the heart has that effect.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Shad0hawK

yes technically, but his "years" of service in vietnam actually totalled 4 months in a "hot" zone. he killed as much or more friendlies as the enemy, getting medals for what most ex military people such as myself would call "scratches"(granted except for when his boat hit a mine, in which case he was out of action 2 whole days)

looking at the facts from the eye of one who was actually in the military(unlike most posters here) kerry looks more incompetant than a hero.

and the facts show bush was not absent without leave. you dems are only making yourselves look stupid in continuing this propaganda campaign that is consitantly debunked.

This is really an outrageous and despicable post on so many levels, as well as being false.

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
right after i made this post, i was talking to an army LT attached to 1st cav who made a very good point.

when men such as kerry get medals for extremly light wounds, it diminishes the honor of getting the medal. most soldiers who get light wounds such as most of kerry's do not bother with the medal, as they feel the way the LT described.

i guess it is different for those who have future political aspirations though...

Shad0hawK

Banned
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Dead Parrot Sketch
Originally posted by: Shad0hawK

This is really an outrageous and despicable post on so many levels, as well as being false.

false?

fact: kerry was in combat from november 68 to march 69.
fact: kerry was personally responsable for the deaths of a vietnemese woman her 12 tyear old son and a baby and several south vietnemese soldiers. this according to HIM.
fact: kerry himself described his wounds as "light" the most serious of which kept him out of action 2 days.
fact: bush was never charged with being AWOL and has the documentation to prove it.

if these facts are "false" then i challenge you to prove it.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999