Hanns-g

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
My GF has that monitor (Hannspree version which is retail product with a larger warranty but otherwise identical). It does not have any backlight bleed on hers and is fairly decent. It is a nice monitor, and display quality is good.

However:

I did buy a Hanns-G 20" monitor for my mom and it did have backlight bleed ontop and bottom.

I also have bought a Hannspree 27.5" monitor, and it fried out on me after a year, but since it's retail product, I was able to RMA it since it has a 3 year warranty, but be warned, HannsG only has a year.

My opinion, it is both good and bad, depending on model and your luck. I'd be nervous to buy one without the 3 year warranty or without an extended warranty from Best Buy or something of the sort.

Moonzi

Nov 5, 2009
thanks for the feedback some really good points there, under the spec tab it says three year warranty

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
get the 28" (27.5" actual) version and you can be like me! in all seriousness though hannspree makes good stuff without forcing you to break the bank. i got my 28" for $300, and it was $260 last black friday as well

oatmealstorm

Dec 17, 2009
My GF has that monitor ....

LOL, I love it when ppl mention this in their posts. It's like they want to let the rest of us know they're less of a loser because they've got a GF:awe:

When really, all you needed to say somethin' like: "I know about this monitor."

Hahaha

ziiiiing

oatmealstorm

Dec 17, 2009
Nah, I just tell it like it is. Especially to nerds like you and 99% of anandtech.
That 1% is me.
Eat me.

Yowen

Nov 22, 2004
hmmm. My apologies for aiding this offtopic nonsense of this oatmeal character.

PUN

Golden Member
Dec 5, 1999
I have the Hanns 28" monitor and it is cheap and all but the quality of the picture is low tier. Colors don't display correctly, even with the adjustment and calibration.

Yowen

Nov 22, 2004
would you guys say this is a step below the cheap acer monitors, or right in line with them?

scooterlibby

Feb 28, 2009
I have the 27.5 inch. It's the second one in a row that the HDMI inputs went out. Looks fine, though, using the old VGA to DVI connector.

scooterlibby

Feb 28, 2009
If you do use it as a TV keep in mind the on-board speakers are atrocious. Just hook up some speakers.

PUN

Golden Member
Dec 5, 1999
IMO, this has the lowest quality of display of all LCD. But you can't beat the price at $280 shipped.