Hamburger Helper eXtreme!!

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
Just ran into these babies at the grocery store:
YdEU7qf.jpg

Didn't buy any as I'm still on a diet (damnit). They look awesome though. maybe I should go back and buy them because they're limited edition. Hamburger helper rocks. It's definitely one step above trailer park food.

Also WTF is with women in grocery stores? I went with my wife and I swear to god it's a woman thing to just PARK YOUR FREAKING CART in the middle of the aisle and then aimlessly look at crap on shelves 10 feet away from your cart. We had this one woman trailing us who was the equivalent of someone crossing double yellows during a left hand turn and try to pass in a single lane. That is unfreaking believable.

All the men in the store keep it to the right. You want to look at something on the shelves? Park your cart in front of it (close to the shelf itself) and then look. Women are just all over that place. It's chaos. No self awareness at all. So much hate. I hate the grocery store. They had some neat cakes though.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Don't like any of the other varties I've tried, but I will fuck up some Cheeseburger Macaroni. I use to make a box and eat it in 1 sitting with a few slices of garlic bread.

linthat22

Dec 2, 2011
Does it still contain MSG? That's the only thing holding me back from ever eating it again.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Where does it say "Extreme" or did you just badly typo "Ultimate". Most of the flavors of HH that I've tried suck, but a couple are worth having. That Chipotle Chicken looks like it would be worth a go, the others look pretty meh.

Rakehellion

Lifer
Jan 15, 2013
So the only difference is that you add ground beef and vegetables, unlike regular HH that needs only beef.

I'll pass. I know how to season my own food.

Nograts

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2014
Where does it say "Extreme" or did you just badly typo "Ultimate". Most of the flavors of HH that I've tried suck, but a couple are worth having. That Chipotle Chicken looks like it would be worth a go, the others look pretty meh.

Cheeseburger mac? Epic.

I thought eXtreme sounded cooler. Maybe I should apply to be their box designer. :hmm:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Any version of Hamburger Helper Extreme that still needs hamburger isn't extreme enough, imho. :colbert:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The pic on the box always looks good. Everytime I have tried it as an adult I have felt like I was standing at deaths door. Like a heart attack would end it all in my near future.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

Eddie: I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?
Clark: You're the gourmet around here, Eddie.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Just ran into these babies at the grocery store:
YdEU7qf.jpg

Didn't buy any as I'm still on a diet (damnit). They look awesome though. maybe I should go back and buy them because they're limited edition. Hamburger helper rocks. It's definitely one step above trailer park food.

Also WTF is with women in grocery stores? I went with my wife and I swear to god it's a woman thing to just PARK YOUR FREAKING CART in the middle of the aisle and then aimlessly look at crap on shelves 10 feet away from your cart. We had this one woman trailing us who was the equivalent of someone crossing double yellows during a left hand turn and try to pass in a single lane. That is unfreaking believable.

All the men in the store keep it to the right. You want to look at something on the shelves? Park your cart in front of it (close to the shelf itself) and then look. Women are just all over that place. It's chaos. No self awareness at all. So much hate. I hate the grocery store. They had some neat cakes though.
omg.. the salt

jumpncrash

Feb 11, 2010
I had myself a hamburger helper the other day, was quite disappointing. Not at all as good as what I remembered from when I was a kid.

LPCTech

Dec 11, 2013

All the men in the store keep it to the right. You want to look at something on the shelves? Park your cart in front of it (close to the shelf itself) and then look. Women are just all over that place. It's chaos. No self awareness at all. So much hate. I hate the grocery store.

This!! Was shopping yesterday. urg!!

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Basically the same shit except they changed the box. Way to go marketing! LOL Although, I do like hamburger helper.

And props to the OP's massive Hubble space telescope-like resolution. :rolleyes: Can't see the damn thing.

TeeJay1952

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
My late wife used prepared food to suggest recipes that she would duplicate. If you like the concept of a dish make it for yourself according to your tastes. (and ingredients)