Halo for PC

drifter106

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2004
Our family have been religious followers of this multiplayer on the PC and my youngest son did get a 360 to play Halo 3 on. Question...is there anything on the horizon for the PC that to take Combat Evolved gameplay to higher level. Currently running Windows xp2. Would love to see Halo3 for the PC but don't know if it will happen.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
halo2 for pc, granted its a craptacular port much like its predecessor (at least from what i've heard. dunno if i a demo is out or not).

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
Well there is Halo 2 for Windows Vista which is a pretty bad port but its still pretty much the same game it was on Xbox.

If you don't have Windows Vista there are a few patches to make the game compatible for Windows XP including multiplayer.

If Halo 3 is planned for the PC expect it no sooner than late 2008 at least.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Probably better to pick up UT3, Crysis, or ETQW IMHO. The Halo games were nothing really spectacular. If they didn't have the MS marketing muscle behind them, people would barely register their existence.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
There's Halo: Custom Edition. Ability to play user-created content is ALWAYS a plus.

Ichigo

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Probably better to pick up UT3, Crysis, or ETQW IMHO. The Halo games were nothing really spectacular. If they didn't have the MS marketing muscle behind them, people would barely register their existence.

:Disgust;

How much marketing did the first Halo get?

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
In saying 'take Combat Evolved gameplay to higher level' are you looking for any PC FPS? If thats what you mean theres a plethora of FPS's better than Halo to choose from, UT3 and Crysis set for November.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Ichigo

They all got a ridiculous amount, I know many people who bought the first xbox only for Halo. I disagree with the first comment though, marketing did help a lot I think, but the fact that all other console FPS's were total crap compared to Halo helped it a lot as well, plus it had the first decent online play for a console FPS.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: VashHT

They all got a ridiculous amount, I know many people who bought the first xbox only for Halo. I disagree with the first comment though, marketing did help a lot I think, but the fact that all other console FPS's were total crap compared to Halo helped it a lot as well, plus it had the first decent online play for a console FPS.

Yup, Halo was the reason I bought an XBox. I sold it after I beat it :D

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005
Originally posted by: VashHT

Halo was a VERY hotly anticipated game before M$ was in the picture. Marathon had a cult-like following and those gamers were chomping at the bit to play the next franchise from Bungie - they were pissed that M$ gobbled up Bungie, but remained loyal to the makers of Marathon